What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoned in the Swamp 2012

Thanks bro, I'm sure you've got some killer stash right now.

I made some QWISO. Came out very nice golden/amber glass, after it sits, it may become softer.

Cheese oil
picture.php

Purple Bagseed oil
picture.php

The bigger buds are still drying, some are in paper bags already. I'll have dry nug shots and updates on the big girl soon. She has no mold, but it looks like a lot of rain soon...

Hmm... maybe somebody doesn't like oil.

Anyway, I found two badly molded buds on the big girl so I chopped. Her smell is similar to the cheese, but maybe a little skunkier/more pungent. She has nice rock hard nugs.

Main cola
picture.php

Close up
picture.php

Here is a few dried buds of the bagseed from spot 7, no final weight yet
picture.php

Some from the purple bagseed, the top bud got decimated by mold, but the rest is fine. I got 8 grams from her
picture.php

Lastly, the cheese, this is my favorite taste/high of the bunch, so far. Bud density is nice. Got about 10 grams off of her.
picture.php

That's the last of them other than the GWSxM runt. I would call this a successful second grow, especially for practically no money spent. I've got plenty of great stash to hold me over the winter. I'll have a few more pics in the coming weeks, thanks for checking out my grow!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Congrats on a successful grow and harvest mate :good:
I've been quietly following along since the start and thought it's about time I say something and give my congrats :D
Nice to hear your set for your winter :joint:

P

powerrobbie

I am happy you are happy my man, and those buds do look very tasty and potent...But you REALLY need to change your locations and your methods completely....Is risking your freedom really worth it to not even get a 1/4 ounce off a plant?? No offense but it seems like you could have spent a lot less money and obviously WAY less time if you bought the same amount you just harvested on the street which is crazy to me because usually it is unreal to me how little money and time you put into a gurilla grow compared to how much you produce. Again, I am not at all trying to be mean, rude or offensive, I am just trying to help. It is just sad to see how much effort you put in constantly and the biggest pull off a whole plant was what? close to 9 grams? I know you could do WAY better with all the dedication you put in. Next year you should VERY easily pull WAY more off a single plant than you did off all of the plants this year....I know you don't want to ditch your spots but you have to man....How can you say they are getting GOOD light?? I see very sad, spindly plants surronded by trees....They are obviously either in a very small clearing or completely in a very forested area.....You need to find a spot that gets full sun for at least 8 hours a day IMO to pull good weight. All the plants you call "happy" and "bigger than you" . Firstly, none of them look happy at all and secondly, it does not matter if they are bigger than you when they are streched to shit man...The internods are SO far apart and the whole bottom half of most of those plants have ziltch on them. You want nice and close nodes as that is they way you pack on nice dense weight....I know you will do good if you put in the same effort but take all the advice that is given to you (not just by me, by everyone) Good luck man! I know you can do it :)

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Amazing grow, Rosetta Stoned. I visit this website once a blue moon these days, and zero in on the swamp grows, of which yours is a fine example, even if the yield on this first run isn't as huge as it could be.

You will no doubt have learned from whatever mistakes you made, and will thus make a better go of it next time round. You'd never have gotten that vital growing experience just buying your bud off a dealer, so I'd say your effort has been worthwhile regardless of the outcome.

This Bud's for you, for all those grows you do, the King of Spears will soon come through.

Regards from Swamp Thang, deep in the tropical swamp forest, where the bull crocs bellow at the full moon.

@powerrobbie
I spent no money other than on my seeds. So for like $20 total, I think I did okay. If I have the opportunity to grow again next year, I'm changing a lot. Better spots, better soil, and better genetics. Some of my spots this year got good light, but that was when I scouted in the fall. The trees grew in and cut a lot of light. I have a better spot already in mind. Thanks for the advice, man.

@Swamp Thang
Thank you! I've learned so much this year, and I can't wait to learn more about this awesome plant. If it was legal I would gladly do it for a living, you bet I would have some monsters if I could grow in my backyard :biggrin: I got a few ounces of great weed so I'm very satisfied with the results.

Just a little update. The season is over, I pulled the GWSxMazar runt before Sandy hit. Everything is now dry.
The smaller bagseed from spot 7 yielded about 11 grams.

The big bagseed girl is dry and in paper bags for a few days. She yielded 20 grams. Considering she was in a swamptube with like 1 gallon of soil, I think she did pretty nicely. Tons of hairs, a sweet smell like the Cheese that turned a little sharper now that its dry. Here is some of her nugs.
picture.php

GWSxM... She was a runt, but I wish I had grown more of her. Covered in trichomes and smells rotten and skunky, strongest smell this year, even just dried. The bit I tried was very potent.
picture.php

Heres a shot of the Cheese for fun. I want to grow her again next year, she's my favorite smoke so far.
picture.php

:woohoo: Thanks for watching everyone, hope you guys had as much fun this season as I did.

O

OKD

Really admire your perserverance! Very inspiring and I like your attitude.

Latest posts

Latest posts