What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoned in the Swamp 2012

No offence taken, I understand, it's more about stealth than anything. Some of the spots do get good light, some of them are definitely lacking. I highly doubt I'll get a pound this year, but it's only for personal stash, so I don't mind. Also keep in mind most of these are bagseed, so the genetics aren't as strong. I'll be looking for sunnier spots next year.

woolybear

Veteran
Cool pictures dude. Really neat to see the lil' girls out there making it in the swamp. Props for making it out there, I know that I'd probably last 5.6 seconds in the swamp before hightailin' it out of there.

Great advice in the thread too. ICMag is cool

Well I wish you the best of luck man, but not the best looking of plants to be honest. Look as good or better than some I did outside but they yielded shit so I wish you well and even better for next year!

Wooly: Thank you! I never leave the swamp without plenty of scratches, cuts, thorns, and bug bites, but it's all worth it!

Cosmic: I would love to grow some beasts in my backyard like some growers on here, but this is what I have to make do with. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get some happier plants. Thanks!

Update time.

Lots of crazy weather. First we got a bunch of storms with strong winds, now it's sunny and much cooler. 70's in the day, 60-50's at night. Hoping maybe this will make the girls fill in a little quicker.

Spot #5
This girl is doing okay.
picture.php

Top:
picture.php

Spot #7
Cheese (left) and the Critical Jack. The cheese shot up and is now finally budding, she's looking happier and now she's taller than the CJ.
picture.php

Cheese
picture.php

The CJ is doing quite well. Very frosty (mostly cloudy), most of the hairs have turned orange, she's really filling in. Only a few more weeks I would estimate. Top cola:
picture.php

Continued...

So as I was visiting the Critical Jack, I had a strange feeling that I should visit the Pineapple Express while I was there. I came to the site to find her bent over again, this time higher up on the stem. It wasn't worth it to try and tie her up again, so I harvested. The bend was from the storms I'm sure.

This is what I got after trimming:
picture.php

Close up of top:
picture.php

Small, but I'm very pleased with it :woohoo: I'll be trying a popcorn bud in the vape later as I hear it works fine with fresh bud. I also have a tiny chunk of scissor hash :) Found tiny spots of what I believe was the beginning of mold, I'm glad I caught it before any damage was done.

:thank you: for checking out my grow.

Edit: F*cking ripped! (and by that I mean baked)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Congrats on your first pull of the season Rosetta! Those buds looks frosty and dank as hell! I bet the smell/taste awesome too!

Enjoy your harvest brotha! Best wishes on the rest of the girls!

Peace!

Thanks for the good vibes you guys :tiphat:

Here is a shot of the Pineapple Express dried
picture.php

That's all that's left actually, I only got like a gram off her, but it was nice, and the smell was out of this world.

I checked the Critical Jack. I found some more bud rot, and it's going to be rainy for a few days, so I chopped.
Here she is right before the chop
picture.php

The smell is dank and wonderful. Filled up the entire room I trimmed in a few hours. Here is the main cola all trimmed up
picture.php

There are 6 or so more tops other than that one. She's drying now, I found a few more spots of rot while trimming, but most spots had only 1-2 calyxes affected, and I only lost one or two small buds. She was definitely close, but I would have liked to let her go another two weeks.

That's all for now. I have 5 good females left, but it should be awhile before I harvest anything else. :thank you: for stopping in!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looking dank bro! Nothing beats some own grown outdoor dank IMO! I bet its some tasty smoke!

Best vibes on the other girls!

Peacee

Well the scissor hash was certainly strong and had an awesome taste :woohoo: You're right, there is nothing like smoking something you grew. Thanks dude and good luck with all your girls, too!

A small update. We had a strong windstorm, but everything seems okay.

Spot #6
Big girl, thankfully the area dried out since last time. Starting to fatten up, and has a nice bit of resin already :)

picture.php

picture.php

Her sister, the slightly smaller one, doing well.

picture.php

picture.php

In few weeks they should start putting on some weight, but everything is looking good right now.

Bigger Update this time!

Critical Jack is dry and now curing.
Main Cola dry
picture.php

I got about 8.3 grams off of her, and it's very nice. The smell in the grinder (the best way to test smell IMO) is a very sour funk. The smoke is smooth and tasty, plenty potent. I'm very proud. Here is most of it:
picture.php

Some of the swamp pics may look real grey/washed out, it's just my camera does that sometimes.

Spot #7
Bagseed next that was next to the Pineapple. Looking nice, starting to nug up, really surprised me for a late plant.
picture.php

Spot #5
Bigger bagseed girl here
picture.php

picture.php

I'm wondering if she'll maybe turn purple.

Continued..

Spot #5 Continued
The GWSxM not doing to well, will yield virtually nothing, but I'm interested to see what happens. I clear out some of the area to give her more light, so maybe she'll surprise me.
picture.php

Another runt that I thought was going to yield nothing, but now I think I'll get at least a few grams on her. Only a single cola.
picture.php

She's pretty far along, she will be the next to be harvested, weather willing she will go for a little while longer. No mold whatsoever that I could see.
picture.php

More nuggage
picture.php

Spot #1
This tiny one is doing a little better than I thought. Cute little bonsai.
picture.php

That's it for now. Going to go smoke some CJ! Peace and good luck on your crops, everyone!

Update from the swamp.

Last two plants in the last update, two runts, were harvested.

I smoked the little one from Spot #1 already, this is the top of the other one, almost finished drying.
picture.php

Potency is good, buds are spiky, very resinous. Found a spot of mold, and the forecast was 3 days of rain, so I chopped. It was only a cola, I would rather not lose the whole thing if it spread.

This visit I didn't find any mold, but there was some powdery mildew, it wasn't very wide spread, only one bud was affected. The weather has been damp, but it finally looks like it's going to dry out in a few days.

Spot #7
Bagseed girl filling out a bit. Looking a little faster than the other girls now. Purple starting on the tops of the buds. Frosty and smells of grape.
picture.php

picture.php

The Cheese is doing well, a little late though. Smell is awesome, maybe like cream cheese icing? Crazy stuff! This plant is as tall as I am, but it is raised a foot or two off the ground.
picture.php

picture.php

Continued...

Spot #6

Big girl filling in. She was the one with the most PM, but it still wasn't very much, a spot here and there. One bud was infected, so I trimmed the crap off and cut it for a test bud. In the vape it's promising, it definitely needs a few more weeks at least.
picture.php

picture.php

The small bagseed here. A little farther along than the last girl, but the buds aren't as big. It has twice as many tops, though.
picture.php

picture.php

Looks like only a day of rain and then it's dry and sunny. Fingers crossed we can take everything for at least 3-4 more weeks.

Thanks dude! Taking bud shots one of my favorite parts of visiting now :)

A quick update. We are having some colder weather, but no sign of frost yet.

Spot #5
GWSxM mini plant. Looks very dank, going to leave her for awhile to see if she'll put any weight on. This is now the last plant in this area
picture.php

The bigger bagseed girl, decided to chop her. Here she is right before.
picture.php

One of the tops
picture.php

Trimmed up
picture.php

A quick dried sample with some scissor hash has me feeling really good. She has a wonderful clean smell, maybe citrus-like with a hint of pine soap. This is just a best guess as it's hard to describe. Shes trimmed and drying now. I found a small popcorn bud with quite a few seeds, but the rest doesn't look very seeded. There were one or two in the other bagseed and the Critical Jack I harvested. Not sure where they came from. I haven't seen any nanners, and I killed all my males early on. Could be from maybe some other grower, who knows?

Thanks for stopping by! Hoping everyone is doing well with their harvests.

Harvest update :woohoo:!

Spot #7
Both plants harvested here.
The Cheese before chop
picture.php

She smelled very strongly, it was beginning to become a security issue. Also I lost a bud to rot, but the rest is okay. She was ready enough to me. Fat nugs with tons of resin. I got quite a bit more scissor hash off of her than the others.
picture.php

Bagseed turned lovely black/purple, but she had a bit of mold on the main nug. I chopped her, her smell is my favorite this year, something fruity with a bit of pungency. Nice and clean though.
picture.php

This plant seemed very happy, thick waxy leaves, the buds are quite dense.
picture.php

Continued...

Spot #6
Big girl, maturing a little bit, still needs more time. I hope I get at least until the 31st. No signs of mold
picture.php

Smaller bagseed girl here. An entire top was eaten by mold, and she was just about ready so I chopped. Not much spread, thankfully.
picture.php

picture.php

Here are the 3 trimmed main colas from left to right, Cheese, bagseed from #6, purple bagseed from #7.
picture.php

2 tops from the bagseed I chopped last time, with some Cheese scissor hash in the middle. I got about 5-6 grams from this one dry, smokes pretty nice.
picture.php

The drying area is full right now, but everything is trimmed. The buds have exceeded my expectations and I'm very pleased with the results.

I'll post some dry nug shots when I can!