Attachments

• B35D3D77-7C1E-4153-9F30-6CE080707BA1.jpeg
    B35D3D77-7C1E-4153-9F30-6CE080707BA1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • FD6D9649-A935-4352-8B0E-A683E597E3C0.jpeg
    FD6D9649-A935-4352-8B0E-A683E597E3C0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

StickyBandit

Overnight the young Rainbowcakes have perked up and maybe grown a little, but I think it's wishful thinking :p
They haven't wilted, so far so good

P1010810.JPG

Trying out this new style prototype homemade cheap cloner. Ran out of space in the other one. Hopefully the bubbles keep the roots damp enough :)
Shallower would be better for bubble production

BubbleCloner.JPG

P1010811.JPG

P1010812.JPG

StickyBandit

The Golfball is coming along nicely. I will be very interested to hear what @Brother Nature thinks it might be. He's growing one also. It's very resilient and almost impossible to over feed. I'll remove some leaves as the buds solidify to avoid the rot they are prone to. Any guesses on the strain?

GBall.JPG

I'm left with 2 females of the Big South Pump from @MAHA KALA . Soil was hot and should have been stood for a while so they may take some time to pick up. I pulled the males but might get some clones if the test goes well

BSP.JPG

The "Punch" C99 from @LostTribe is ticking along. I'm tuning as I go and trying smaller fabric pots than I normally would. Might let them grow more before changing the light cycle

LT C99.JPG

My little Rainbowcake test grow in pumice is still acclimatizing and growing suitable roots I think. They were in soil. I might drop watering to 3hrs off 5mins on

Hydro.JPG

The clone bucket test is maybe working?? I'll know in a few days or a week if it's working or not. The cuttings have lost their droop so it's promising :)

Cloner.JPG

Brother Nature

Man, I know I've smelled her before, I'm just having a hard time pinpointing where, it is a very unique smell. I also underestimated how much she likes to eat, have hit her with double the ec of what I feed the others and it's like she wants more. She's also interesting in the way her bud development is very indica like, but her growth is very sativa like, stretchy, branchy, and vigorous in veg. I'm really looking forward to the clones I've taken, think those coupled with the c99 mutant and one of the more modern 'trendy' strains will be a good tent filler for the next run. Think I'm gonna have to wait for the smoke test to even start gauging what I think she may be, but by the smell and looks I'm really leaning to some kind of afghan in her, probably some skunk too.

StickyBandit

Man, I know I've smelled her before, I'm just having a hard time pinpointing where, it is a very unique smell. I also underestimated how much she likes to eat, have hit her with double the ec of what I feed the others and it's like she wants more. She's also interesting in the way her bud development is very indica like, but her growth is very sativa like, stretchy, branchy, and vigorous in veg. I'm really looking forward to the clones I've taken, think those coupled with the c99 mutant and one of the more modern 'trendy' strains will be a good tent filler for the next run. Think I'm gonna have to wait for the smoke test to even start gauging what I think she may be, but by the smell and looks I'm really leaning to some kind of afghan in her, probably some skunk too.
Before the kids grew up (there's no leftovers now) we used to sell a little off so you may have encountered some over the decades?? Maybe I can post a clone to you if you like it and you can spread it 'round?
I hope you can keep her around as she's a bit of history and it would be comforting to know I can get her back if anything happens :)

Last edited:

Brother Nature

I actually think its something I smelled/smoked back when I was a lot younger in California. It definitely has an old school look to it, doesn't look like it's related to OG or any of the newer stuff. Could be northern lights related? I've definitely taken clones of her. I didn't do her justice this run and like to run a good plant at least three times so I can try to dial it in before I make the decision to cull or keep.

IMG_4311.JPG

IMG_4312.JPG

I also gotta say thanks for that Sour Diesel, that girl is looking very promising...

IMG_4318.JPG

StickyBandit

Great stuff @Brother Nature . Your new plants are looking very healthy (y)
I was wondering how the Sour D would go. It's looking frosty. It's something I wanted a decent plant of for a while and just took a punt on this one. Is there much aroma coming from it?
If you decide to keep the Golfball I can send you a clone so you have the real thing, no problem :)
Looking good bro!

Here's where I got the SD https://herbiesheadshop.com/cannabis-seeds/sour-diesel-blimburn-seeds

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Thanks mate, I've finally got my mix right so that's a help. She's only about week 5 now, thinking she'll go to 9-10 possibly. Smell is not overly loud at the moment, but she smells like my garage, if that makes sense... Super greasy to the touch, while the golfball is super sticky to the touch.

StickyBandit

Hi sticky. What bugs did you get? Indoor?
Hi blondie, yeah indoors. I don't know what the bugs were, they were in the worm castings I added to the mix and they were smaller than fungus gnats. Kinda shiny and there were quite a few if I sat and watched for a while. I don't think they bother mature plants, just the seeds and hatchlings. If I pop the seeds in jiffies and let them mature a little before potting I don't have a problem :)

StickyBandit

The bubble cloner seems to be a success

CloneBubbler.JPG
CloneRoots.JPG

There's 4 Acapulco Gold clones at the back. The one we chopped seems to get stronger and more psychedelic the more you smoke, so we'll have to do some scientific testing on the weekend to see if it has a ceiling :p
Nursery.JPG

StickyBandit

@Brother Nature after some quick duck/ducking I ended up buying a HPS super with adjustable ballast for the bud/seed production area. I got the 600 Super bulb which will has a dimmable range of 250, 400, 600, and 600+ Watts (660). Fits in nicely with the 2 Spider Farmer LEDs in the 2x1m area :)
The light kit was only $180nzd

P1010852.JPG
P1010853.JPG

Last edited:

StickyBandit

@LostTribe as an exercise I managed to bring back one of the Punch C99's using your magic clone recipe :D
If it happens again I'll get them in there quicker :p
Seed production is in full swing now in the above post. I will pass them out to a few friends to keep the strain alive down under (y)

C99Sick.jpg
P1010851.JPG

LostTribe

Premium user
looking great man! FYI those are at F6 sorry if I labeled them incorrectly. The narrow one I flowered out from that batch was very close to the Fruit Punch mom without any of the smell profile from the metal or grapefruit leaning phenos. I believe the sweeter and fruitier ones will show narrow leaf and smaller yeild.

The THH mint x C99 I am about to finish is extremely coated with resin and smells like the tropical cindy but has looser buds and longer flowering. NLD leaves and alot of THH in her too but overall a nice 12 week hybrid. The Mint thh went 17+ weeks.

StickyBandit

Might pull the Golfball next weekend. It looks ok but not great. I really want to run this on some kind of hydro/coco system like the Rainbowcake

GB.JPG

GBBud.jpg

The Rainbowcakes are just starting to take off. I think the roots have recovered from the transplant. I might switch a few grows to this style for a while. It seems to be pretty low maintenance and it might even be idiot proof :p

RBCake.JPG

The LT C99 punch pheno repro looks ok so far. Hard to get decent pics with the HPS light added but I think it will be worth running through winter

LT C99s.JPG

StickyBandit

Purchased one of these today. It should arrive in a few days
I was gonna buy all the bits and build one but I liked the way this is set up :)