What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sticky Grows

StickyBandit

I've had a few threads and ended them when the title didn't match the grows anymore so this will be a continual journey thread taking over where the last one stopped.
I've learnt a LOT from everyone here and feel I'm only scratching the surface and look forward to the grows ahead :)
I'm trying my hand at organic for now with different soil mixes and feeds. Still trying to find my feet. There are many nervous moments :p

Here's my little grow room in it's current state. There's a 1000 x 1000 nursery tent behind me
Room.JPG

4x4andMain.JPG

This will be the last batch of Malawi x PCK short pheno once they ripen. There are over 100 other strains in the fridge waiting to live
MxPCKClose.JPG

This is the tall pheno
MxPCKTall.JPG

And here's the main area where the taller, stretchy plants grow
Main.JPG

Left to right are 2x Mindblowers from Maha. I bent the tops yesterday and the solar panels have already corrected
Mindblower.JPG

MBBent.JPG

These are two different looking Cinderella 99's from TRSC
C99.JPG

And 4x Killer A5 Hazes from Ace
KA5H.JPG

There's a few interesting things coming through in the nursery
In the Sativa range there's 6 more regular Mindblowers from Maha and also some reg Chocolate Funks
And in the Indica cross department a couple of Rainbow Cakes and a Kali China
Nursery.JPG

Thanks for looking in :wave:

revegeta666

I've had a few threads and ended them when the title didn't match the grows anymore so this will be a continual journey thread taking over where the last one stopped.
I've learnt a LOT from everyone here and feel I'm only scratching the surface and look forward to the grows ahead :)
I'm trying my hand at organic for now with different soil mixes and feeds. Still trying to find my feet. There are many nervous moments :p

Here's my little grow room in it's current state. There's a 1000 x 1000 nursery tent behind me
View attachment 18782625
View attachment 18782616

This will be the last batch of Malawi x PCK short pheno once they ripen. There are over 100 other strains in the fridge waiting to live
View attachment 18782622

This is the tall pheno
View attachment 18782623

And here's the main area where the taller, stretchy plants grow
View attachment 18782619

Left to right are 2x Mindblowers from Maha. I bent the tops yesterday and the solar panels have already corrected
View attachment 18782621
View attachment 18782620

These are two different looking Cinderella 99's from TRSC
View attachment 18782617

And 4x Killer A5 Hazes from Ace
View attachment 18782618

There's a few interesting things coming through in the nursery
In the Sativa range there's 6 more regular Mindblowers from Maha and also some reg Chocolate Funks
And in the Indica cross department a couple of Rainbow Cakes and a Kali China
View attachment 18782624

I'll be watching the thread mate! Very nice room and setup, great selection of strains as well. I really liked this quote too 😍
There are over 100 other strains in the fridge waiting to live

StickyBandit

Back for a weekly report

The two TRSC C99's are completely different. Aside from one having bushy pistils and the back one having spindly pistils, the back one smells of lemon and the front one smells totally different and has massive shade leaves
C99.JPG

C99Leaf.JPG

The Killer A5 Haze is starting to chunk up a little
KA5H.JPG

KA5HBud.JPG

@MAHA KALA the Mindblowers are looking a bit pale but have burnt tips on the leaves. Do you have any advice? I don't know whether to feed them much or little. One or two leaves have a slight red tinge, maybe from too much calcium? Giving them a weaker mix of Bio Canna Flores for now.
I had to bend the top branches again. They keep standing up
Mindblower.JPG

6 more MB's coming on. Changing the light cycle today and topping them to the forth node
MBYoung.JPG

The 4x4 of Malawi x PCK are nearly ready. Maybe a week or two
MxPCK.JPG

The other small 800x800 tent has three tall pheno MxPCK's that I almost didn't keep as clones but we'll get some buds off them and I think it's actually a better quality smoke than the two shorter phenos :)
MxPCKTall.JPG

There's four regular Chocolate Funks in the nursery with two Rainbow Cakes, a Kali China and a Golfball clone from bud that is actually healthier than it looks......I think :p
P1010128.JPG

Till next week :wave:

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yes, add more N. dont sleep on it.

colorful stem/leaf is normal.

it is colorful pheno probably.

if you will manage it properly, some crazy thai weed is waiting for you. both choco funk and mindblower contain authentic chocolate thai in combination with classic pale silver green thaihaze.

keep it up.

Last edited:

StickyBandit

yes, definitely more N. remove those yellow leafs from Kash.

nice frost on malawikush.
Thanks Maha, What would you normally add to increase the nitrogen? I gave a little calcium nitrate watering at 1gm/L. One liter per plant because they don't currently need water. I've been giving bio canna and occasionally the bird guano, which has little N

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I would add that canna grow. do you use recommended doses? probably not, so how less you use?

but in case you mixed bird guano to soil, I dont understand why it is not lush green.

how long it takes to get drier soil?

StickyBandit

I would add that canna grow. do you use recommended doses? probably not, so how less you use?

but in case you mixed bird guano to soil, I dont understand why it is not lush green.

how long it takes to get drier soil?
Watering every two days. I'm using the organic Bio Canna Flores which has the same NPK as the "Vega"
I don't always use the recommended dose. It depends how the plants look
I can't use the auto watering system because the organic mix lasts max 24 hours.
The bird guano is a liquid too
I will be watering again tomorrow. I can water daily if I water 1L at a time. Would that be better?
It's not easy to know which of the available nutrients are any good
I haven't been checking the soil mix pH but I've been keeping the water about 6.3

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
that yellow color can have two reasons. deficiency of N or it is overwatered. if it is overwatered, more N will not help as roots are not in comfort. but in case of overwatering you should see little brown spots on leafs too.

if you give enough of N, N deficiency can be caused by bad ph or ec, and due to it plant does not receive N. you say ph is over 6, it should be okay. and what about ec or salinity of soil?

I personally don't measure these at all. just saying.

I can provide only my view on it. so to me liquid guano is useless. I use granulated, put it in soil and plant takes only what it needs.. still using bottled organic fertilizer.

when plant get N deficiency at the beginning of flowering, it can be problem. pay attention to it.

you can try to add molasses(but look out, too much can get your ph low) too - it contains over 20 vitamins and minerals beneficial for health of plant, and silica too for healthy plants. silica helps to increase resistance to abiotic and biotic stress. thats what you need imo. salinity is one case of abiotic stress.

indoors I dont use silica, but in greenhouse yes, as I use nettle brew. nettles contain silica, and I can say it can make difference.

there is liquid nettle brew, it is called urtica or so. they use it in hydroponics. I have never used it, so I cant vote it for it. but it seems that using silica would help you really.

StickyBandit

that yellow color can have two reasons. deficiency of N or it is overwatered. if it is overwatered, more N will not help as roots are not in comfort. but in case of overwatering you should see little brown spots on leafs too.

if you give enough of N, N deficiency can be caused by bad ph or ec, and due to it plant does not receive N. you say ph is over 6, it should be okay. and what about ec or salinity of soil?

I personally don't measure these at all. just saying.

I can provide only my view on it. so to me liquid guano is useless. I use granulated, put it in soil and plant takes only what it needs.. still using bottled organic fertilizer.

when plant get N deficiency at the beginning of flowering, it can be problem. pay attention to it.

you can try to add molasses(but look out, too much can get your ph low) too - it contains over 20 vitamins and minerals beneficial for health of plant, and silica too for healthy plants. silica helps to increase resistance to abiotic and biotic stress. thats what you need imo. salinity is one case of abiotic stress.

indoors I dont use silica, but in greenhouse yes, as I use nettle brew. nettles contain silica, and I can say it can make difference.

there is liquid nettle brew, it is called urtica or so. they use it in hydroponics. I have never used it, so I cant vote it for it. but it seems that using silica would help you really.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it :) (y)
I think I may have overwatered slightly. Although they were dry on top the pots feel quite heavy.
I bought some silica anyway in the form of Silicic Acid because it looks quite beneficial. It wasn't cheap so I hope it gives some benefit
I might go to fabric pots so I don't get the wet spots and I have some guano granules coming also
The bio canna seems to be built on a molasses base which makes sense as to why it's so acidic
What size pot do you recommend for mindblower and chocofunk for growing to ~1200mm high?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
from seed maximally 10L pot. if it is grown from cut, stretch can be reduced, it depends on pheno though. the best way is to select pheno you like, and then focus on managing it from cut. from seeds the stretch will be big!

yes, it is probably it is made from molasses. I use bio bizz grow which is also molasses.

yes, before watering, pots should not be heavy.

X15

Lookin good bud! Diggin your selection. Your pics and write ups are great. Thank you for sharing!
lookin lean which im into, and that purple c99 is lookin pretty interesting. Makin me want to pop some Mindblower too! I gotta find me some

Much Respect,
nasa-

StickyBandit

Lookin good bud! Diggin your selection. Your pics and write ups are great. Thank you for sharing!
lookin lean which im into, and that purple c99 is lookin pretty interesting. Makin me want to pop some Mindblower too! I gotta find me some

Much Respect,
nasa-
Thanks X15
@MAHA KALA makes the Mindblower and quite a few other psychedelic, Thai haze crosses etc. He has some interesting offerings. Send him a message and check out his thread HERE

StickyBandit

Just recording the main tent today

This is the time I enjoy the most, watching the buds fatten up as they reach the latter part of their cycle
Left to right, 2 x Mindblowers by @MAHA KALA , 2 x Cinderella 99 by TRSC, 4 x Killer A5 Haze by Ace
MainArea.JPG

I haven't done a very good job on the MB's so far. There is yellowing on the lower leaves from lack of N but you can see the buds are getting nice and frosty if you zoom in on the second pic. Still a long way to go
Day 41 of 11/13
MBBud.JPG

MBBush.JPG

Mindblower.JPG

The C99's are completely different to each other
The fluffy girl
C99FluffyBud.JPG

C99FluffyBush.JPG

And the purple girl
C99PurpleBud.JPG

C99PurpleBush.JPG

Last run of the KA5H. Not sure if I will grow this one again. Although the buzz is strong it's not long lasting and due to our circumstances we don't want to have copious amounts of weed sitting around aging. It may be something to do with how I grew it. I don't know. I will post back with a smoke update when some I have stored has aged 6 months or so
KA5HBud2.JPG
KA5HBush.JPG

StickyBandit

It's time for a few changes and there's a lot of work to do. The KA5H is coming out tomorrow and maybe the second half of the Malawi x PCK in the 4x4. I grew 3 females and got 3 totally different phenos which I cloned groups from. 2 short phenos, 1 brown and 1 purple and a tall pheno in the 800x800 tent that's a few weeks younger

P1010211.JPG

Left to right behind the curtains we have Mindblower, Cinderella 99 and Killer A5 Haze

The Mindblower still has at least a month to go. I bent some branches down but they just stand right up again :p

MB.JPG

MBBud.JPG

The C99 from TRSC have a huge range in phenos. These two couldn't be much more different!
They both have a beautiful fruity/potpourri aroma. Almost like a sweet peach skin

C99PurpleandGinge.JPG

C99PBuds.JPG

C99Ginge.JPG

The KA5H is coming out tomorrow to dry and vacuum pack and go into storage for 6 months to a year
It chunked up pretty good over the last week
KA5H.JPG

KA5HBud.JPG

The 4x4 has the MxPCK short purple pheno at the back which is also coming out over the weekend so the tall purple pheno can take it's place under the good light to fatten up.
At the front left to right are 2x fem Mindblowers from seed and 4x Chocolate Funk of unknown gender as yet. I plan to do the whole curtain area in offerings from @MAHA KALA

4x4.JPG

The nursery has, left to right at the back, 1x Kali China, 2x Rainbow Cake, 2x yet to awaken Golfballs, 1x Acapulco Gold and 1x Runtz 13
Also a few clones to test the new system with some guidance from @LostTribe

Nursery.JPG

Thanks for lookin' in :wave:

goingrey

Is that Karmas A5? Looks like yours sure came out fantastic! The C99 I am not sure on. Can you post some close ups before you chop? I'd like to see more. The dark one is suspect.
Killer A5 Haze from ACE Seeds.

ACE Malawi "Killer pheno" crossed with the same A5 cut Karma did the S1's with.

I agree looks fantastic.

Latest posts

Latest posts