What's new

Sticky Grows

StickyBandit

Is that Karmas A5? Looks like yours sure came out fantastic! The C99 I am not sure on. Can you post some close ups before you chop? I'd like to see more. The dark one is suspect.
Yeah, that's the Ace KA5H. We find it's strong but fairly short lived and heavy on the eyes, hence the aging. Should sort it out (y)
Any theories on the C99 I would be very interested to hear :)
I kept some cuts going in the rooting machine but binned the males. I have 7 more seeds in the fridge still
Pics are a little fuzzy
C99Ginge.JPG
C99Purple.JPG

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Mindblower
Day 52 11/13

I don't know that these will go another 30 days at this rate as @MAHA KALA suggested. The Mrs has her eye on them :p
For some reason weed matures faster than normal here
We're getting over 30's temps now in the room and they're chunking up fast
Smelling fuel and something burnt. It's my first grow of this type of weed and it's getting exciting :D

P1010230.JPG
P1010231.JPG
P1010232.JPG
P1010233.JPG
P1010234.JPG
P1010235.JPG

Last edited:

StickyBandit

A little Christmas update while the food settles :p

I started another thread dedicated to MAHAKALA offerings https://www.icmag.com/threads/diary-of-my-mahakala-strains.18125370/

My main area is now MK strains
Main.JPG

The Mindblower is going great guns
Day 55 11/13
MBBud.JPG

4x young Chocolate Funks
ChocFunk.JPG

The tall pheno of Malawi x MCK
MxPCKx3.JPG
MxPCKBud1.JPG
MxPCKBud3.JPG

MxPCKBud2.JPG

MxPCKBuds.JPG

And lastly the nursery
Left to right at the back, nearly ready for 12/12 are 1x Kali China from Ace and 2x Rainbowcake
Golfballs in the cloner but it might be too hot. 4x Mindblower clones with the red tags and a Runtz13 and a Acapulco Gold fem and some C99 from the RSC cloning testers on the right front that might get the chop. Weed is good but not outstanding and I have more beans. It is a good positive stone with little hangover and average longevity at this early stage
Nursery.JPG

Thanks for lookin" in :wave:

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Stripped the lower growth from the Kali China and Rainbow Cakes and moved them into a bud tent. KC with the yellow tag has more lateral growth. I've taken clones from all three in case they're going to get a repeat
KCandRC.JPG

Acapulco Gold from Barneys Farm and Runtz 13 will be getting up-potted today. Just not sure how big to go on the pots. Maybe 10 gallon or 5 gallon fabric pots? I'm thinking I will take clones from both when they're bigger, especially the Acapulco Gold.
At the back are 4x Mindblower clones, but I don't know what sex they are as I mixed them up like a dumb-arse :p
AGandRuntz13.JPG

StickyBandit

The main area still has Maha's strains growing. Left to right is Mindblowers x2 and the 4 on the right are Chocolate Funks. Hover over the bud pics for basic labels
MBandCF.JPG

Mindblower.JPG

ChocF.JPG

2x Rainbowcakes from Pheno Finder Seeds on the left and a Kali China from Ace on the right
RBowKChina.JPG

1x Runtz13 from G13 Labs on the left and an Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm on the right
RuntzAG.JPG

I organized the nursery with some labels
4x Mindblowers at the back left. 2 male and 2 female.
The others are labelled. The C99 Ginge from TRSC (bottom right) has gone to a new home and some other clones may also since I have to move on to new strains. I was more testing the cloning methods to see what works and what doesn't. I will probably keep the Acapulco Golds in the airclone machine at the back if they root. The Runtz13's have roots already for some days. Maybe the AG's are just slower to root?
Nursery.JPG

Thanks for lookin' in :wave:

LostTribe

Premium user
They look very healthy! I think thats the first time I have seen a dome on an aerocloner. Did it come with that? Which of your cloning methods is doing the best? I love the aero but they need to be run clean and just right on the water.

RO
200 ppm @700 scale Calmag+
200-250 ppm @700 Maxibloom(higher levels of P for roots bloom ferts recommended for cloning)
1tsp/5gal Silica Blast
ph = 5.7

I set it and forget it. I take small snips from lowers only. Dip in clonex for 1 minute without delay upon re cutting. If I know I am going to take snips I will remove the lower leafs and shots a few days before snipping so the mom has time to recover and it helps the snips retain moisture IMHO. Always clean the aero with bleach with rez changes every 2 weeks. I also use a bit of DM zone to keep a dead rez. h202 will also work but messes with the ph and has to be added every 2 days. Follow that and you can get roots in as few as 4.5 days no lie. Floro lighting or a couple blue cfl's work amazing.

StickyBandit

They look very healthy! I think thats the first time I have seen a dome on an aerocloner. Did it come with that? Which of your cloning methods is doing the best? I love the aero but they need to be run clean and just right on the water.

RO
200 ppm @700 scale Calmag+
200-250 ppm @700 Maxibloom(higher levels of P for roots bloom ferts recommended for cloning)
1tsp/5gal Silica Blast
ph = 5.7

I set it and forget it. I take small snips from lowers only. Dip in clonex for 1 minute without delay upon re cutting. If I know I am going to take snips I will remove the lower leafs and shots a few days before snipping so the mom has time to recover and it helps the snips retain moisture IMHO. Always clean the aero with bleach with rez changes every 2 weeks. I also use a bit of DM zone to keep a dead rez. h202 will also work but messes with the ph and has to be added every 2 days. Follow that and you can get roots in as few as 4.5 days no lie. Floro lighting or a couple blue cfl's work amazing.
I didn't know I could remove it. I'll give it a crack
I have your cloning recipe saved as a text document already but thanks for posting. Someone else may be able to benefit from the info :)
I got roots in 4 or 5 days using your recipe but some clone better than others it seems

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Hey @LostTribe , just a little update on the cloning
Taking the lid off works a treat (y)
I was just going over your instructions for cloning and realized I was using the wrong scale for ppm so it works out I've been @ 620 on the 700 scale or 450 on the 500 scale so slightly stronger which seems to work ok. I also forgot to check the pH and it turns out to be on 6.1 without adjusting which also seems to work.
As you can see in the pic I filled the cloner right up to keep the temp down and it runs full time. The pump doesn't have to work as hard to lift the water this way and maybe doesn't create as much heat as a result ... haven't properly tested the theory though.
The tiny Runtz clones took 4 or 5 days and the Acapulco Golds a little over a week

CloneRoots.jpg
Clones.jpg

StickyBandit

Runtz 13 from G13 Labs is a hermie so out she comes. It's a shame because I put a lot of time and space into that one, but never mind. I was looking forward to some buds from this one as it's already 5 foot tall
It's lucky I caught it before it ruined my whole grow room!
I was running out of space so it's just as well really, I guess
Maybe conditions weren't optimal but none of my other stuff has hermed

herm.JPG

Runtz13.JPG

And on a happier note the cloning of the Acapulco Golds went well.....and no herms :p
AGold.JPG

StickyBandit

Just a little mid week progress report
Here's a shot of the room as it is now
In the 1200x1200 tent
Near left and right are the Rainbow Cake "horse cock" buds, making a growth dash. Nice hard buds from Pheno Finder Seeds. Looks like solid genetics with the Rainbowbelts/Wedding Cake parents if you're into that sort of thing. We'll see ;)
Left rear is Kali China which has started stacking and the odd one out right rear is the Acapulco Gold

GrowRoom.JPG

A young Acapulco Gold
AGold.JPG

Kali China
KaliChina.JPG

Behind the tent is the 2m x 1m curtain room with Mahakala's Mindblower and Choc Funk
Who said you get more buds off indica :p

Mindblower
This is Mrs Bandit's new favorite. I have to be very particular of what I grow now as this has set the bar higher :smoker:
MB.JPG

Choc Funk
Bending the tops over didn't seem to hurt production :D
CFunk.JPG

Last edited:

NealKolins

Glad to see you are continuing on your journey and making progress. Organic growing can be challenging, but the end result is worth it. I'm sure you'll soon find your groove, get some terrific buds, and be able to make the most of it. If you suddenly want to diversify your organic growing, you can check out the weed store and top Burlington dispensary. They have some fantastic varieties and top-notch equipment. In addition, the weed vendors have a wealth of knowledge and can answer all your burning questions about growing. Good luck with your growth!

Last edited: