What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary of My MAHAKALA Strains

StickyBandit

I'm investing some time and one of my grow spaces to growing some @MAHA KALA strains for a while
All seeds are very vigorous so far and the strains seem well thought out and a lot of time and effort invested in the end result
I'll do my best to give some basic smoke reviews but I have almost no sense of smell :p
If anyone would like to post their own pics or comments of his strains be my guest

Left to right. 4x female Mindblowers and 4x unsexed Chocolate Funks

Main.JPG

Mindblower
Day 55 11/13

Seeds were extremely vigorous, sprouted almost immediately and grew super fast and uniform
Planted in 30L pots with a soil mix of organic potting mix, worm castings and some kind of grain husks
Watered with Bio Canna Vega then later the Bio Canna Flores with added calcium nitrate 0.5 to 1.0 gm/L and silicic acid. pH 6.2 EC between 0.8 and 2.0 depending on the plant's age and look and the rain water volume being used daily
MBs.JPG
MBBud.JPG
MBBud1.JPG
MBBud2.JPG
MBBuds.JPG
MBBuds1.JPG

2x younger MBs
MBYoung.JPG

And the 4x very young, unsexed Choc Funks on the right
ChocFunkMB.JPG
ChocFunk.JPG

I have a few MB clones coming on in the nursery and some other beans in stock and in transit which I'll show here once they're up and growing
Feel free to chime in with your own pics, grow tips and smoke reports, comments etc of MAHAKALA's offerings
Also @MAHA KALA how do these look for ripeness. I know you said not to pull early or the buzz won't be as good or long lasting. All input appreciated.
Cheers :)

Edit: Merry Christmas

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
chocolate funk is just another thaihaze hybrid. some can be fruity, but the most of phenos are earthy chocolate taste.

hey bandit! it is okay :D she could take some hight tems. I told you it will not be so quick like you think hehehe. its thaihaze with hint of blue paki kush. last pic is beautiful. love those big calyxes.

edit: overly, dont be afraid of overmaturing, it is hard with this. it is not so much indica, that it would have this trait, some too quick maturing, nicely and slowly. but of course, growing it from cut you can take down week or two, it depends on conditions...

Last edited:

StickyBandit

The Chocolate Funks are growing FAST! The room is filling much faster than I expected
Room.JPG

The big Mind Blower girls are getting smelly and I had to tie some up. Must be putting on weight! The buds are shooting out all over the place! Is that what they call the calyxes stacking?
They smell quite strongly now of fuel, old gum and maybe those flowers that look nice but aren't very nice smelling but with a slightly sweet, inviting undertone
Bud1.JPG
Bud3.JPG

Bud2.JPG

All 4 of the Chocolate Funks on the right are female and budding super fast :D
The bud structure looks different. I'll post some close ups in a day or 2
ChocFunk.JPG

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hahahahahahahaha I am glad you like mindblowers smell :D hahaha it is like created for you, like you dont detect smells much like you say, but it seems you detect mindblowers smell very well hahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahah

I tell you one thing, if I have dont have incense haze in jars, I dont mind, I dont miss it. but what I miss is fuely and chocolate haze :D :D :D

StickyBandit

Mindblower
Day 62 11/13

These things are growing so fast! It's a jungle already!
The buds on the Mindblowers are getting heavy and going through a stretch phase. I'm gonna have to tie them all up
Even the young MBs are getting trichomes already
MahiRoom.JPG

MBBud.JPG

MBBud2.JPG

MBPlant.JPG

YoungMB.JPG

YoungMB2.JPG

The Chocolate Funks are getting very stinky stalks and they have skinny leaves. I have a good feeling about them :)
CFBud.JPG

ChocFunk.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hell, this year starts gooooood brothers...

when making chocolate funk, I could choose from three chocolate cuts, one was indica... then you probably know why I didnt choose that oe. another one was chocolope... well very good, but the effect was only 2 hours, while this cut, I used, it is, no joke, 4 hours effect. cocoa beans tasting, when grinding it is like eastern egg chocolate. it is earthy hashy too. I think it is special. not so inbred like mother of mindblower, so more variation.. but those stretchy ones are very great, with strong thai character. intense.

hey Bandit, do you or your daughter or wife detect some metallic smells in MB?

Latest posts

Latest posts