What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star Crash 2018

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I 3rd the green fencing & 4 stakes idea !!!! build a cage around each one to contain the flop .

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll get an update in ASAP ... ended up staking the plants in 4 corners then tieing the stakes diagonal w/ mason's line ...now i have 4 sturdy post around each plant >> that can hold the 5 inch trellis net i purchased ...the netting goes over quite easily (for a change) ...i feed the branches thru the net & it's set... it's time consuming & 1/3 the crop is netted thus far just waiting for more net to arrive... thinking about getting a 4 gallon backpack sprayer to help out giving foliars ...more foliars are due & soon i'll be transitioning over to bloom formula .... been keeping up much grooming but there is always more to do...got my water situation under control, but i have to truck it in >>>it's a bitch truth be told ...got my fingers crossed plant health remain very good ...new pics asap ...peace @ the growers out there ~star~crash

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update!

update!

You got this bro! No need to stress, just throw on Europe 72

I listen to GD every day always have & always will

Do not forget to eat a 10 strip with that prescription. Helps the music be medicine.

ate some L just the other night as a matter of fact ...it's been quite a while ,but it was just like shaking hands with an old friend

Damn inspiring star. Not many so dedicated to gorilla grows. Seems often it’s just plant water once a month whether they need it or not lol and cross the fingers.
You are putting in that real work. Hope to see it reward you properly.

it's my grow! it's all i have to work with

use the bamboo to create a cage around the plants. sink 4 corners. connect corners with bamboo supports. then throw an X with two piece of bamboo across the square. that's 10 pieces of bamboo per plant though & you went ape shit and created a (imo) huge outdoor garden. you could just sink 4 corners & throw in an X using 6 pieces to complete the task. maybe grab some 1x3x8 (ferring strips) from your home store and sink 3 (or 4) around each bush. instead of netting over the top go around the ferring strips to make walls of netting & use the bamboo on the inside to stake up the bushes. im wondering if other farmers think it wise to top everything now. personally, if this was my project at the same stage, i would.

doing that bamboo thang

I've done almost exactly that. Except I took some 8' metal green plastic coated stakes, stood on a 6' ladder and drove them into the ground. 4 per plant. Then took and wrapped green trellis netting around the plants, from the ground to the top of the plant. Doing this, the branches have nowhere to go. Yeah they might fall/sag/lean. But the trellis catches them and holds them up.

1/2 inch wide bamboo went in the rocky soil fairly easily...you know when you hiy a rock, just yank it out and try again ...i got blisters on my hands doing this

Not sure how many girls you have but I would buy some 1" x 2" x 12ft furring strips cut them in half. Use 4 per plant with something like this green fencing as support screen https://ib.adnxs.com/getuid?https:/...n-Snow-Safety-Barrier-Fence-SF-4101/207158814

44 plants total

I 3rd the green fencing & 4 stakes idea !!!! build a cage around each one to contain the flop .

i did it

Sup Star crash, sounds like you got it going good . Here's to you and a great crop.

thanks packer

God damn Star Crash. That's awesome!

check out my pic update to follow :)

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics

pics

picture.php

picture.php

Stardawg >>>

picture.php

Gorilla Bubble Bx6 (Dansbud cut) >>>

picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those Stardawgs look great! Mine is working on her 5th week and she is one branchy bitch. She starts staking pretty quickly too

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those Stardawgs look great! Mine is working on her 5th week and she is one branchy bitch. She starts staking pretty quickly too

spent a good deal of the day today pruning out all the lowers & undergrowth ...also purchased one of these & can't wait for it to arrive :woohoo:>>>

"My 4 Sons" 4-Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer With 0-60 PSI PRESSURE DIAL, ADJUSTABLE BRASS NOZZLE, AND 16-35 INCH STAINLESS HD WAND, CART and 15ft EXTENDED HOSE and SPRAY PISTOL

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
Nice sprayer, looks like your has some nice features. i own 2 hudson never pumps. been having good luck with them other then the tank strainer coming dislodged an the occasional tip clogging from larger sediment getting sucked in. every few minutes i stir up the tank to keep things from settling out. sometimes the strainer falls off.

now u can start foliar feeding too!

pretty neat yours has a pressure adjustment. your gonna be a happy camper once u start using it.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great Star!

Those are some beasts! They look so healthy!

Nice sprayer, looks like your has some nice features. i own 2 hudson never pumps. been having good luck with them other then the tank strainer coming dislodged an the occasional tip clogging from larger sediment getting sucked in. every few minutes i stir up the tank to keep things from settling out. sometimes the strainer falls off.

now u can start foliar feeding too!

pretty neat yours has a pressure adjustment. your gonna be a happy camper once u start using it.

Damn those girls are big and healthy. I think this years crop is going to dwarf last years.

this morning i'm going in for a feeding ...it's amazing how much nute$ the plants are $ucking up:pimp3: .... next week is the transition to bloom formula ...we've had lots of overcast skies with wet weather, this is a problem because some of the foliars require precise conditions outside when you apply them and there is a narrow window of opportunity to get it on the plants ... cant have wind, cant be in sunshine , cant be washed off till its set...so the best time to apply is at dusk on a calm clear night (tonight for example,) pity i don't have my power sprayer yet its a chore and a half w/ the pump sprayer

all the plants are netted & i feel satisfied about that ...most of the hard work is done till harvest ...now its all about feed and protect ...peace from ~star

onavelzy

Veteran

Wow, that Star Dog looks like it has about seventy eleven tops on it. How many of the SD did you put in? Should be a nice bounty. Quarts of extract this round?

Hope things have settled down for you a bit. My one tent home grow keeps me plenty busy. From my level, your grow seems like a hell of a lot for a one person op but you're showing it can be done and done well.

Sent you a PM about a different topic.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Wow, that Star Dog looks like it has about seventy eleven tops on it. How many of the SD did you put in? Should be a nice bounty. Quarts of extract this round?

Hope things have settled down for you a bit. My one tent home grow keeps me plenty busy. From my level, your grow seems like a hell of a lot for a one person op but you're showing it can be done and done well.

Sent you a PM about a different topic.

My guess would be tree fiddy

Mr.grower

hello star crash work out of the ordinary really a great job and beautiful plants both indoor and outdoor if you do not mind I'd like to follow you and to learn a lot from you

Latest posts

Latest posts