What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star Crash 2018

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
weather is bad and the 10 day is more of the same

weather is bad and the 10 day is more of the same

Wow, that Star Dog looks like it has about seventy eleven tops on it. How many of the SD did you put in? Should be a nice bounty. Quarts of extract this round?

Hope things have settled down for you a bit. My one tent home grow keeps me plenty busy. From my level, your grow seems like a hell of a lot for a one person op but you're showing it can be done and done well.

Sent you a PM about a different topic.

My guess would be tree fiddy

sorry for my english, but I use google translator

haven't really seen the sun for a long time ...looks like ALL of August will be overcast and damp & wet ...wtf???

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so my new power sprayer is bad ass ... i did the whole crop last dusk ...i spit out approximately 30 total gallons of Spinosad mixture (really soaked them:)) i'll be going back with Daconil ..could never accomplish that with a pump sprayer no way

the plants are BIG & tonight is a feeding (they always need food!)>>> 50% Bloom & 50% Veg nutrient formulation to be applied

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you got a day off from the garden coming up soon ? i gotta get up there so we can discuss a few things . gotta drop off that one you've been wanting too .

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you got a day off from the garden coming up soon ? i gotta get up there so we can discuss a few things . gotta drop off that one you've been wanting too .

if your health permits it then i would LOVE to see you again ...i'll tour you around:dance013:the woods

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update with pics

update with pics

I'd be a whole lot happier if we could get some consistent sunshine ...if i had to endure a stretch of weather( like the previous few weeks has been) >>>during the final bloom<<< i'd a been totally f*cked ... anyways they are progressing ... i have some issues on a few plants that looks like a deficiency, but over all the plant health remain very good ...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
more pics

more pics

this is Leaf Spot >>>

picture.php

had it last year before i knew what it was ...now i know what to look for & i've been worried about it ...i've been applying preventative fungicides this season so i'm somewhat protected, but it's imposable to be 100% protected

this little creature thinks it's going to lay some eggs in my flowers

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

sick like a sneeze !

in the 3rd photo, looking from afar, the shot across the field, what plant is the monster off to the right?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sick like a sneeze !

in the 3rd photo, looking from afar, the shot across the field, what plant is the monster off to the right?

lol ...it's a native shrub ...not marijuana

today i go back to re-apply the Daconil >>> because outside conditions are finally more favorable

Mr.grower

hi, it is possible that the fungus, be cercospora of cannabis also comes to the beet ... I'm treating with tetraconazole believe it may be this that I have struck you

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi, it is possible that the fungus, be cercospora of cannabis also comes to the beet ... I'm treating with tetraconazole believe it may be this that I have struck you

yes it is very possible ...the leaf spot is extremely contagious and my current conditions are wet and humid and warm (which is a perfect storm for leaf spot outbreak) ...it's all over the place in our area ...easy to overlook on the native vegetation...but it's there and it spreads like fire ... i don't even like to talk, or think about it, but ignoreing it don't make it go away

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Them bushes are looking very healthy star. That's a hell of a stalk you have there. Why the 50 50 veg bloom though? Just for transition or is that what they're liking??? Plan on adding a booster at all? That leaf spot does almost look like some sort of fungus or bacterial issue.... frogeye???

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
What are you currently doing to slow the leaf spot?

I get it here also, for the past few years...
I tried copper fungicide the first year, but it didn't seem to do much..

Currently, I use trim snips to cut off the worst leaves a few times a week.
I also carry every snipped leaf out in a bucket and carry them back to be be burned.

I would love to know how to treat the entire area around the hideout this autumn after harvest, if it would help eliminate the problem next year...

Someone, somewhere must have a solution....

Luckily, it does not affect the buds, but it slows the vegetative growth of a plant and can sometimes kill the plant before the buds are ready to be harvested...

Mr.grower

in my opinion that surely is a fungus, and in the first orientation I would think of Cercospora cannabis, but to correctly establish the diagnosis it would be necessary to detect the propagation structures of the pathogen and the relative propagules that are usually formed on the lesions. The genre. Cercospora produces conidiophores that emerge within the notch, which release infectious elements called generically conidia, but from whose shape it is possible to establish the identity of the pathogen and therefore the differential diagnosis with respect to other fungi acting as leaf spots:
The control is done by fungicides accompanied by agronomic measures (elimination of severely affected leaves and vegetation residues at the end of the cycle), and if at this time the disease is, as far as I report, in the epidemic phase I would advise you to intervene with a systemic broad spectrum with a couple of treatments at a distance of 8-10 days. (eg based on tetraconazole or similar):

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Them bushes are looking very healthy star. That's a hell of a stalk you have there. Why the 50 50 veg bloom though? Just for transition or is that what they're liking??? Plan on adding a booster at all? That leaf spot does almost look like some sort of fungus or bacterial issue.... frogeye???

yeah it's just a transition ...next feed will be 75% bloom & 25% veg ... also since i'm seeing clear signs of flowering:woohoo: i plan to give them a shot of PK 13/14 >>>

http://www.cannagardening.com/pk_13_14

the leaf spot is a fungus

What are you currently doing to slow the leaf spot?

I get it here also, for the past few years...
I tried copper fungicide the first year, but it didn't seem to do much..

Currently, I use trim snips to cut off the worst leaves a few times a week.
I also carry every snipped leaf out in a bucket and carry them back to be be burned.

I would love to know how to treat the entire area around the hideout this autumn after harvest, if it would help eliminate the problem next year...

Someone, somewhere must have a solution....

Luckily, it does not affect the buds, but it slows the vegetative growth of a plant and can sometimes kill the plant before the buds are ready to be harvested...

it's a bitch because it cause so much damage SO QUICKLY ...you are doing all the right things so far ...my main line of defense this year has been regular foliar applications (since June) the products i'm using are this >>>

https://marronebioinnovations.com/ag-products/brand/regalia/

and this >>>

https://www.gardentech.com/products/daconil/daconil-fungicide-concentrate

i also gave them one application of liquid copper a while back

in my opinion that surely is a fungus, and in the first orientation I would think of Cercospora cannabis, but to correctly establish the diagnosis it would be necessary to detect the propagation structures of the pathogen and the relative propagules that are usually formed on the lesions. The genre. Cercospora produces conidiophores that emerge within the notch, which release infectious elements called generically conidia, but from whose shape it is possible to establish the identity of the pathogen and therefore the differential diagnosis with respect to other fungi acting as leaf spots:
The control is done by fungicides accompanied by agronomic measures (elimination of severely affected leaves and vegetation residues at the end of the cycle), and if at this time the disease is, as far as I report, in the epidemic phase I would advise you to intervene with a systemic broad spectrum with a couple of treatments at a distance of 8-10 days. (eg based on tetraconazole or similar):

quite sure its a leaf spot fungus of some variety ...i need to research tetraconazole

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used powdered sulfur. Don't know it it helped though. It was stopping on it's own when I used it.

i'm hoping i have a better grip on it ... fingers crossed

Anyone growing in the North East should be on the lookout for this

Mr.grower

For the defense against the cercosporiosi it is very important to use active substances endowed with high fungicidal activity such as: strobilurine + triazoles and morpholine + triazoles.

redlaser

Veteran
The sulphur and copper should keep it from spreading, that’s about all you can do once it’s there.

There are a few bacillus strains of bacteria that have been effective on fungus and mildew problems, Cease is one brand name that has it, but there are several.

It could also be bacterial leaf spot which is pretty common, need an antibiotic for that. Streptomycin sulfate is available, people use it on roses and fruit trees primarily for fire blight.