What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star Crash 2018

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm good guys just been a busy beaver ... i apologize for not updating ...garden is spectacular & individual plants are looking quite good & well developed & nice and green... i'm finding that to just keep up with the basic chores is lots of work, for example tomorrow a.m. 120 gallons fertilization/water all set to fly :biggrin:>> then after dusk a preventative foliar is due (liquid copper) ... i can't get into all the specifics & there is always something that needs to be done, but current main maintenance chores consist of water/feed & folair, pruning, staking, & grooming...trucking water into the site on a daily basis to keep my reservoirs topped off is work, but i now have a 250 gallon water storage tank, just need to get it set up as the main reservoir ...plant health is very nice you will see i'll get pics up hopefully tomorrow night,,,i have a lot inve$ted in this grow (besides all my time)

pics asap:bump:peace

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Hell yeah brother! I rocked outdoor plenty of years.

It truly is a huge devotion and hard labor.

Glad you're well and remember that burn in your muscles is simply grace waiting to be found.

I can't wait to see your girls!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update! got pics ...these are from dusk today

update! got pics ...these are from dusk today

Been a little quiet in here hope all is going well.

Hey where are all the pics?

You okay crash?

Hell yeah brother! I rocked outdoor plenty of years.

It truly is a huge devotion and hard labor.

Glad you're well and remember that burn in your muscles is simply grace waiting to be found.

I can't wait to see your girls!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wet from the foliar...

wet from the foliar...

picture.php
picture.php

little correction ...i through down 220 gallon$ of fertigation today spaced over 2 sessions, not 110 gallons like i earlier reported ... they sucked it up ....

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Won't you try just a little bit harder
Couldn't you try just a little bit more
Won't you try just a little bit harder
Couldn't you try just a little bit more

Round, round, Robin run around
Gotta get back where you belong
Little bit harder, just a little bit more
Little bit further than you gone before

Small wheel turning by the fire and rod
Big wheel turning by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn round
Bound to cover just a little more ground:ying:

Americangrower

Veteran
Look great brother.. looks like the damn cows are back. Glad everything is ok was hoping you were just swamped with chores.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Them bushes are looking nice and healthy. I wouldn't even try outdoors where I'm at. Way to hot and it'd be so much work. Why can't it be dig a hole drop a dead fish in simple lol

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Them bushes are looking nice and healthy. I wouldn't even try outdoors where I'm at. Way to hot and it'd be so much work. Why can't it be dig a hole drop a dead fish in simple lol

it's really hot & dry the watering continues & i'm happy to do it ...the plants are responding with excellent growth & they need trimming and cleaning up again...soon i'll have better & bigger water storage and water transport abilities this will aid me greatly free up time for other chores ...today the plant perimeters got a good solid weed whacking & i also started bracing the plants ...i use 14 inch zip ties to re-enforce all the branches to each other with inside each individual plant .. kind of job U don't want to do in the full sun ,,,this sturdies up the plants significantly & the side branches can't flop over..as far as staking and netting what i think i'm going to do is use 4 stakes to make a box around the plant, then cross brace those in an X on the top w/ 2 more stakes ..that'll be the frame for the support net and the plants will grow and be trained and spaced thru the screen ... got a huge bundle of brand new 6 foot by 1/2 inch bamboo stakes they will get this job done they are tuff stronger than wood...this crop is sucking up the nutes & my grow shop is happy because i keep calling for more:) i been dropping 3000 milliliters of an A & B base concentrate per 100 gallons of h2o every feeding... next foliar will be M-pede insecticidal soap...the last time i used spinosad it works pretty good @ 2 oz's per gallon but U have to really soak the plants top and bottom ...also i noticed that they get re-populated rather quickly, so in this situation while i'm vegging it's still in my interests to keep the bug populations down as much as i can within reason..my #1 goal is to get (and maintain) healthy green lush plants that R just busting with energy when they go into flowering mode ...they are demanding

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

it's really hot & dry the watering continues & i'm happy to do it ...the plants are responding with excellent growth & they need trimming and cleaning up again...soon i'll have better & bigger water storage and water transport abilities this will aid me greatly free up time for other chores ...today the plant perimeters got a good solid weed whacking & i also started bracing the plants ...i use 14 inch zip ties to re-enforce all the branches to each other with inside each individual plant .. kind of job U don't want to do in the full sun ,,,this sturdies up the plants significantly & the side branches can't flop over..as far as staking and netting what i think i'm going to do is use 4 stakes to make a box around the plant, then cross brace those in an X on the top w/ 2 more stakes ..that'll be the frame for the support net and the plants will grow and be trained and spaced thru the screen ... got a huge bundle of brand new 6 foot by 1/2 inch bamboo stakes they will get this job done they are tuff stronger than wood...this crop is sucking up the nutes & my grow shop is happy because i keep calling for more:) i been dropping 3000 milliliters of an A & B base concentrate per 100 gallons of h2o every feeding... next foliar will be M-pede insecticidal soap...the last time i used spinosad it works pretty good @ 2 oz's per gallon but U have to really soak the plants top and bottom ...also i noticed that they get re-populated rather quickly, so in this situation while i'm vegging it's still in my interests to keep the bug populations down as much as i can within reason..my #1 goal is to get (and maintain) healthy green lush plants that R just busting with energy when they go into flowering mode ...they are demanding

OMG, thanks so much, I have not even read your whole post yet haha, I just got an idea inspired from it, whether it is what you are doing or not.

Instead of using netting on a small grow, use zip tie and zip your plants together! OMG sorry this is such a genius idea it will create such a sturdy canopy with only a few zip ties!

I hope I remember in the morning. HAHA

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG, thanks so much, I have not even read your whole post yet haha, I just got an idea inspired from it, whether it is what you are doing or not.

Instead of using netting on a small grow, use zip tie and zip your plants together! OMG sorry this is such a genius idea it will create such a sturdy canopy with only a few zip ties!

I hope I remember in the morning. HAHA

it's easy to make a custom trellis w/zip ties...get long ones...batten down the hatches and tighten up that plant!

G

Gr33nSanta

yeah I am gonna try something this coming cycle if it works well and I remember I ll post a pic of what I am thinking. I could never do this in the past because I ran perpetual but running cycles I can try new ways of managing canopy. Anyway, whether it works or not, I had the aha moment reading your post. Thanks!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics

pics

yeah I am gonna try something this coming cycle if it works well and I remember I ll post a pic of what I am thinking. I could never do this in the past because I ran perpetual but running cycles I can try new ways of managing canopy. Anyway, whether it works or not, I had the aha moment reading your post. Thanks!

picture.php

here is an example of a zip-tied braced plant (its a Gorilla Bubble bx6)

picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
got bush? ~~~~~~these are Star Dawg's & Mendo Breath's

got bush? ~~~~~~these are Star Dawg's & Mendo Breath's

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php