What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star Crash 2018

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
powdered sulfur works magic, I use it indoors as well.

it kills russet mites, spider mites, and all fungus growing on the leaf.

and its only 12 bucks for a couple pounds at english gardens :)

trick is to use 2-3 tablespoons per gl of warm water with some coco wet.

also once you hit them a couple times with the sulfur, its best to use some beneficials to boost the life back. the sulfur will kill damn near everything.

The sulphur and copper should keep it from spreading, that’s about all you can do once it’s there.

There are a few bacillus strains of bacteria that have been effective on fungus and mildew problems, Cease is one brand name that has it, but there are several.

It could also be bacterial leaf spot which is pretty common, need an antibiotic for that. Streptomycin sulfate is available, people use it on roses and fruit trees primarily for fire blight.

:tiphat: thanks guys

gmanwho

Veteran
kinda surprised that m-pede isnt taking care of the mold spotting. a combo of m-pede an procidic just wiped out the PM on my outdoor lilacs. 3 applications over 2 weeks. lovely wet weather we are having.

got nervous as the lilacs outside between the 2 buildings started pm hard. lower leaves where white white. didnt want anyone or the dog carrying pm inside..

wonder if the mold spotting or whatever you have setting up is actually growing on the underside of the leaf? therefore not getting a direct spray application? either case maybe pull some of those leafs.

when i was dealing with pm inside a year plus ago i would use a rag soaked in rubbing alcohol an wipe my gloves every few minutes. exam gloves, a container of rubbing alcohol, small rag and a ziplock bag. put the rag in the zip-lock and pour rubbing alcohol on rag. pour enough so u got a little reserve of alcohol in bag.

every few minutes wipe down your gloves with the wet rag. this way your not carrying whatever it is from plants to plant or section to sections. place the rag back in ziplock in between use. saves time and rubbing alcohol, an u always have a clean spot to place the rag in when not in use. makes things easier to keep working forward.

enjoying the show

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Star, how do you like that pk13/14? I'm looking for a new booster so I picked up a small bottle for a tester.

don't know yet ...i know to be careful with it

kinda surprised that m-pede isnt taking care of the mold spotting. a combo of m-pede an procidic just wiped out the PM on my outdoor lilacs. 3 applications over 2 weeks. lovely wet weather we are having.

got nervous as the lilacs outside between the 2 buildings started pm hard. lower leaves where white white. didnt want anyone or the dog carrying pm inside..

wonder if the mold spotting or whatever you have setting up is actually growing on the underside of the leaf? therefore not getting a direct spray application? either case maybe pull some of those leafs.

when i was dealing with pm inside a year plus ago i would use a rag soaked in rubbing alcohol an wipe my gloves every few minutes. exam gloves, a container of rubbing alcohol, small rag and a ziplock bag. put the rag in the zip-lock and pour rubbing alcohol on rag. pour enough so u got a little reserve of alcohol in bag.

every few minutes wipe down your gloves with the wet rag. this way your not carrying whatever it is from plants to plant or section to sections. place the rag back in ziplock in between use. saves time and rubbing alcohol, an u always have a clean spot to place the rag in when not in use. makes things easier to keep working forward.

enjoying the show

leaf spot infections are endemic around here & i suspect it's all over the East & the weather the past month has been highly conducive to its spread...the more i look around the more i see it all over & it's not species specific ...it loves trees to shrubs to saplings to all sorts of host vegetation ...all i can do is continue a foliar defense & maintain the best hygiene on the plants (keep them groomed of dead vegitation ...etc...) as i'm able to ...fingers crossed ... the Regalia is a bio-fungicide & it's method of action is more early preventative inoculation ...what it's supposed to do is boost the plants immunity and i do see results ...it's strength is in early season applications ...now i'm in late season ...so the Daconil is a more of a direct line of defense ...it's a broad spectrum fungicide & hopefully will carry me through the next couple weeks ...after that they are on their own .. i don't want to pollute the plants ...

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here Comes Sunshine ...

Here Comes Sunshine ...

picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 10 day forecast looks pretty good...so it all leads up to now , now is the time when i need the sunshine and low humidity ...the last 2 days were perfect & i need 7 more weeks..i'm at the mercy of mother nature & this is what northeast guerrilla growing is all about ... it's all fine and dandy when they are vegging (mostly) but come time to flower it's a different story ... growers put in all the work & time & labor & expense & risk ...etc , and still its up to mother nature to provide the weather i need for a successful full term healthy harvest ..last fall was perfect ,but i know how it can turn on a dime and stay wet and cold in October, can we get another perfect Fall? i bought (2 big jugs) it's 40 more liters combined of Canna Substra Flores bloom A & B & i'm feeding just about every watering, all the rain we've had this past month has flushed the soil ...i gave them an application of pk 13/14, they been protected with regular foliar fungicide applications every 10 days since mid June and that has helped a lot compared to last year(i had substantial problems with leaf spot last year ..it's worse this year in the environment and some plants are infected, but i'm on top of it doing as much as i can to keep them clean (LOTS of grooming involved, i've cut out tons of larf and lower growth ...etc

peace

Mr.grower

beautiful nothing else to say, you're doing a great job, I would just help you smoke when they know ready, really a wonderful cultivation.a question.with which sub-layer work? with land or place finely made sub, with holes for each plant

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
beautiful nothing else to say, you're doing a great job, I would just help you smoke when they know ready, really a wonderful cultivation.a question.with which sub-layer work? with land or place finely made sub, with holes for each plant

all native soil ...no amendments whatsoever other then some leaf mulch

we had a hot heat advisory day yesterday and i did TWO watering sessions transported and dropped by hand a total of 220 gallons of solution & they could have take double that amount easily .. also i got some new hose ...it's one inch line and really moves water fast , i can fill my reservoirs and water tanks quickly with out too much waiting around ...thats a convenience

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some pics (fresh foliar residue makes them a lighter shade)

some pics (fresh foliar residue makes them a lighter shade)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'm going to have to lay a second layer of trellis net, they've grown way through the 1st layer ...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hows the hernia dude ??? you going to have to go get it fixed soon or what ?

as usual ...... the garden looks awesome !!! :good:

onavelzy

Veteran

:yeahthats

I completely forgot you had the pain problem. I hope you get through the harvest ok. Please don't tough it out if it's clearly getting worse

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran

:yeahthats

I completely forgot you had the pain problem. I hope you get through the harvest ok. Please don't tough it out if it's clearly getting worse

i'm working around it & postponing the inevitable surgery for as long as i can stand it ... it have 2 helpers now for the rest of the season, they are a godsend:huggg:hot day today we worked thru it ...lots of grooming

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just don't wait to long !!! last thing you need is to be down at the wrong time . you could be out in a week & back on your feet , get it done while you have helpers !!!

U

useless.gardens

Plants look fabulous. Your effort is gonna pay off.

And, while you might not want surgery, I agree with dansbuds... get it done while you have helpers.

Still rec+ that aero cloner you're using?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

i gimp around and eat a lot of ibuprofen ... so my friend helped me to make a better system for water delivery , i have a 250 gallon tank set up and it's been in use as storage for the mid-point, i truck in 130 gallons @ a trip and feed that tank with a 100 foot one inch line (moves water quick) then from the 250 theres another 200 feet of 1 inch line that leads to a 4 port manifold with valves...from that i can now run a 3/4 inch hose from the manifold directly to each individual plant...no more walking back and forth carrying 2.5 gallon jugs ...that is done ...i can mix up nutrients in the big tank 250 gallons at a time if i wish.... was out there today trying the new system and its a heck of a lot easier to work smarter, not harder ,development looks good with lots of colas on these bush's :woohoo:a big chore is the on-going grooming of dead and bad leaves ...seems like it's an endless task and difficult to do in the sun

Latest posts

Latest posts