What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Good to see this side by side. I'm actually considering led but I'm thinking the ts3000 for my 3x3 trays. Wonder how it compares to the sp3000

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see this side by side. I'm actually considering led but I'm thinking the ts3000 for my 3x3 trays. Wonder how it compares to the sp3000

not that i have any complaints about my ts3000 but the sp line is much better quality and i feel like the sp's have better penetration...

that said the sp3000 wouldn't cover 3x3 very well in flower,footprint too long and not wide enough

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yep not sure a sp3000 would fit in a 3x3, maybe longways but it wouldn't be ideal like unc said.

Heres some shots this mornin, 8 weeks in...
sp250
picture.php

sf4000
picture.php

whole room
picture.php
picture.php

and a shot of some outdo since I can put 5 pics at a time. lol.
picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
shots from sp250 side
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

n a few mo shots from the outside (Wanna use my 5 picture limit per post)
picture.php

picture.php

So I like the bud structure on the sf4000 side, nugs are denser, as if that were possible, vibranium grows dense ass nugs no matter what, type of nugs you drop and the clank, hence the name. Crystal coverage looks seems slightly more on sp250 side. lookin forward to giving people the blind smoke test...
One week left, they on straight up H2O...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Here's the game changer at this price point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnpDt5ZcsC4

Dont know if I trust that. Its not very good marketing to just tell people your shits the best without any par readings or examples. Were jus supposed ta trust this goofy lookin dude cuz he got a jolly smile? Lol. Then when u go on the site it says samsung lm301b OR LumiLED, so wut is it? And doesnt even tell how many diodes being used. Either shady or just bad marketing, either way I’ll pass. Wonder how long it will last being held by its wires. Lol! Plus 300+ for a 2x4 area?
If your after cheap kingbrite from alibaba prolly be the way to go, heard good things from them, lots of happy customers. Basically just cutting out the middle man.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Getmo how's the penetration ? Getting under the trellis? What's the hanging height?

Nugs are rock hard on both sides the whole way down, but vibranium kinda notorious for this, did the same thing under a 315cmh and outside last year so hard to tell. I usually would raise it to about 20 inches then wait till it got within 16 inches and raise it again, so I think both sides can be within 16 inches but manufacterer recommends more. Right now finishing up its 16 inches o the closest top.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont know if I trust that. Its not very good marketing to just tell people your shits the best without any par readings or examples. Were jus supposed ta trust this goofy lookin dude cuz he got a jolly smile? Lol. Then when u go on the site it says samsung lm301b OR LumiLED, so wut is it? And doesnt even tell how many diodes being used. Either shady or just bad marketing, either way I’ll pass. Wonder how long it will last being held by its wires. Lol! Plus 300+ for a 2x4 area?
If your after cheap kingbrite from alibaba prolly be the way to go, heard good things from them, lots of happy customers. Basically just cutting out the middle man.

He's been testing leds for a good while, but this is his own design. They are available in 3 different diode mixes which may have confused you.

I agree more 411 is needed to impress us

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
He's been testing leds for a good while, but this is his own design. They are available in 3 different diode mixes which may have confused you.

I agree more 411 is needed to impress us

Yeah he must be assuming people who watch the video know him and his reputation. He needs to show tests n be more specific on details if he wants to be taken serious. really dont like the design tho, it looks flimsy.

Heres a lil update, some closeup shots...

Under sp250s
picture.php

Under sf4000
picture.php

Vibranium, this shot from under the sp250s kinda toward the middle tho.
picture.php

Cremé de la blue, also under sp250.

picture.php

And a bee from my outs. Sprayed molasses on um and seem like half the hive showed up...

picture.php

Got about 4 more days till chop.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yeah he must be assuming people who watch the video know him and his reputation. He needs to show tests n be more specific on details if he wants to be taken serious. really dont like the design tho, it looks flimsy.

Under sp250s
View Image

Under sf4000
View Image

View Image

View Image

And a bee from my outs. Sprayed molasses on um and seem like half the hive showed up...

View Image

Frosty flowers. The bee is so cute.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Under sp250s
View Image

Under sf4000
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Love the close trich shots looks well nice work.:thank you: