What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Spicy Cheese & Saxon Axe'

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
an early flower (53-54 days)

nlxss, aka saxon axe, aka northern star

peace n bloom
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HARVEST DAY

HARVEST DAY

NLxSS 56days... harvest day

we'd like to take this plant further,,, but we don't always get wants we wants,,, this plant was force flowered in a glass house in July to reap food now... on a good day this strain goes 70-77days. tested across most methods and mediums so far... she's Saxon in spirit!

N.B. In Saxon times the Axe was used as a sign of peace! this is why Saxon Axe is called Saxon Axe,,, the Axe is too big to be wielded in war :wink:

hot like fire sweet like sugar,,, :woohoo: skunk-berry scent when brushed, dead flesh if not (like yumbolt in stank factor... inscense/josticks/spliffs blazing when drying these flowers... lol)

'Saxon Axe' (aka Northern Star) still underground from the Nordlands were wolves hustle against the dooor-frames in winter, unto the Southlands where bees spin honey to bide their time in spring,,, yo might see her face on the upload, from time to time, that is :dance:

silver shines,,, she nah criminal, she food for mind,,, she medicinal she's from the stables of fritillary right... lga donated parents (Northern Lights n Sensi Star) lots of love out to that crew, still chasing dreams, we don't make plans, we wait n see, south-side click

pon ya learn ya grow,
erb, roots n culture,

stand strong LGAuk crew (yo know who, where, when, a rah n a blah) :D

peace out
DocLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more shots... the bottle of Viking juice was drunken with good brethrens, Vikings,,, the skunk-ganja-weed is Saxon,,, we friends :joint: :friends: :D

plant cost approx. £2.50 to grow, some good friends and some lovin',,, and dat be dat me brethrens.

in the words of bird-man,,, " I first fucker to do this" :wink:

peace out :dance: :woohoo: :canabis:
DocLeaf :joint:

"lives a little, learns a little, sows a little, grows a little, breeds a little, lives n learns a little over again..."

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke report.

Smoke report.

Smoke report:

NLxSS (aka Saxon Axe,,, Northern Star) is a pleasure to smoke. this plant leans more towards the sensi star in flavour/taste, producing a lemon taste, She still retains the NL in the hit and general care-free stone.
Harvested early Saxon Axe (aka Northern star) is slightly more uplifting than when harvested at 70days.... but she still packs a punch

peace dL :joint:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Respects...

Respects...

Respect goes out to ALL that followed us with this plant :yes:

special thanks goes out to honchroni and BeAn for showing faith and the un-hampered support :friends:
peace out to Growdoc (me brethren) :canabis: for the logistical stuff :D

any photos of Saxon Axe,,, stick them here folks :dance:

peace out one and all :wave:
Doc-snizzle-dizzle-leaf :joint:

Last edited:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
hi dL :D

very nice report and pics. looks great :yummy: i am impressed with her flower time! seems like it was yesterday when you switched to 12/12, or started posting pics of her.

do let us know how she smokes in a couple of days!

by the way, there was a little note/letter that was attached that i never got, will be getting it soon hehe :D

peace and thanks for the props :joint:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Sorry i dont have any pics yet of SA, but she is doing nice and staying true... only about 2 weeks and something into flowering but she is short and phat!!!

Enjoy the smoke mate you deserve it...

Growdoc

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Northern* should be killer smoke if let to 70 ;) , the body of the * and NL should overdo the cerebral effect of the * ... Lemme know which NL was used for this ... ?
wonderful pix doc ;) , as i get new pix from the cheese i put them up here :tongue:

Fj

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are the pix of Cheese @ 44 days ... extreme stinky !

5747DSC_1232.JPG

5747DSC_1234.JPG

5747DSC_1238.JPG

have fun & good luck with your next things doc ;)

Fj

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growdoc said:
Sorry i dont have any pics yet of SA, but she is doing nice and staying true... only about 2 weeks and something into flowering but she is short and phat!!!

Enjoy the smoke mate you deserve it...

Growdoc

nice one dude, keep up the good work :yes:

ya Angel Dust is most impressive!

peace out brethren,
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice cheese fJ :yes: how's the scent developing ???

fjällhöga said:
Northern* should be killer smoke if let to 70 ;) , the body of the * and NL should overdo the cerebral effect of the * ... Lemme know which NL was used for this ... ?

Fj

Northern Light [High Quality Seeds] was the female parent used in Saxon Axe.
The NL used was heavy in Afghan genetics with just a little-bit of the Thai exhibited underneath. The NL mother made lots of resin, and continued to produce lots of THC when seeded. It was a 65day plant.

Sensi Star [Black Label] was our male. Unknown lineage, extremely healthy specimen,,, donated by the LGA.

Progeny: under SOG method these plants go 77day indoor (which is funny because the parents used were about a week quicker to bloom). Outdoor, with a good growing season, and warm conditions they can be harvested in just under 70days.

Saxon Axe is as hard as nails... saxon in spirit, dutch in origin,, she stands strong in extreme temps,,, anyplace between -10c and +40c ,,,sitting most happy at 25c.

overall this strain is an Afghan dominant (pashtun in family) with just a splash of Thai from the NL and some Colombian from the skunk side :wink:

peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the next program of breeding at fritillary seed will involve isolating Colombian genetics with view to back-breeding a common strain of skunk.

we just haven't decided which common skunk strain to use :chin:

pon ya learn ya grow...

B

berryhill

DocLeaf, thank you very much for this exciting information on the Northern Starz. I'm presently going into week 7 of flowering with my Paradise Sensi Star. I've had a Nl#5 from B.C.S.C. for the past 3 years now and put an old mother of the NL#5 in flower with the Sensi Star's. I got 3 males out of 10 Sensi Star's, removed them from the flowering room, took pollen from what I declared the best one and pollinated my NL#5 mother. Really hoping for something nice, because that NL#5 I've been growing for so long is fantastic! Again, thank you for such clear information, really pumped now!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
berry hill

call your strain 'Northern Star' cool as cool,,, I n I will remove it from my vocab as from now :yes: :D

I n I strain is Saxon Axe,,, saxon in spirit and at heart :dance:

yo we just stoked knowing that yo doing a close mix of genetics :yes: our cross was by chance as much as planning. the genetics were at hand at the time, to make the cross that is Saxon (jah bless LGAuk brethrens). with added planning there is no reason why your own cross will not rock the block :dance: nl#5 is a pretty plant with cerebral highs... who ever gets a slice of it knows what went on... I n I prefer the NL to the sensi star, so this is what we'd look for if linebreeding (me prays me brethren Growdoc takes a shine to this plant, we have special reserve :wink: )

be sure to let the seed go 30day+ and the same again drying.
any questions just ask or pm,,, jah bless yo :canabis:

I n I true to that, sein :wink:
peace DocLeaf :joint:

"pon ya learn ya grow..."

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo berry hill :wave:

Northern Light x Sensi Star (aka Saxon Axe)

this shot is from the first test, under glass in winter (-16c in places) :biglaugh:

this shot is by me brethren hazy, indoor under hps (average temps)

this is Saxon Axe force flowered in Summer under glass :D (+40 temps in places)

we reap what we sow... it lays deep inside...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts