What's new

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

I dunno'.... This on a cassette deck in the middle of the old gravel-surface Alaska Highway, in the early 1980s, in a fine 1964 Ford F-100 short-bed, step-side, with a rainbow window decal in the rear cab window with the easy rider rifle rack, with lots of good liquids and substances, and too much open country, rated pretty highly for me. Just sayin'... :)

I graduated high school in 73, was a poor college student for 3 plus years, was broke as shit and when I first heard this album expecting them to get better like they had the previous four, and when I laid down my hard-earned cash, I was "disappointed" it wasn't better. :)

But I certainly understand "set and setting", even with cannabis, _especially_ coupled with music.

The following video perfectly depicts the Miami Beach, Florida area I lived and worked in, in the late '60s and early '70s.

But I gotta turn off the fucking music on this one, to _dissociate_ myself ;):

moose eater

Same truck, Christmas Creek in the Yukon Territory, middle of winter, still early 1980s, cold as a witch's tit, cassette deck in disrepair, boom box centered on the seat, plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet, and this cranked up, pirated from KUAC's (Fairbanks Public Radio) broadcast, late night programming by a radio personality (who was later busted in a 9-house raid for cultivation in 1992-ish), and I'd become enamored with this tune.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I graduated high school in 73, was a poor college student for 3 plus years, was broke as shit and when I first heard this album expecting them to get better like they had the previous four, and when I laid down my hard-earned cash, I was "disappointed" it wasn't better. :)

But I certainly understand "set and setting", even with cannabis, _especially_ coupled with music.

The following video perfectly depicts the Miami Beach, Florida area I lived and worked in, in the late '60s and early '70s.

But I gotta turn off the fucking music on this one, to _dissociate_ myself ;):

ahhhh charlie!
its good to see zeee disco spirit is still flowing strong
you will dance again!

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Other than for the steady influx of high-grade ether-refined coke into the US at that time, I think that's an era best left unremembered, pop.

Though I admittedly owned a pair of 2-tone platform shoes in the early 1970s.

Now I'm embarrassed and ashamed...
🦨 🦨 🦨 🦨
thats four skunks!

i was just the wee baby pops back in the 70s

Last edited:

Dime

Mrs Howell in her younger days and one of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies in hers

Attachments

• vox4uf551uq81-1784353443.jpg
    vox4uf551uq81-1784353443.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 287e2c2c206fe1d5b1ea50c9a7f62d50.jpg
    287e2c2c206fe1d5b1ea50c9a7f62d50.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest posts