What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southern Star Seeds Grow

Lesnah

^ why i like to start with landraces with dominant genetics and then make my own crosses after making sure i have both parents properly preserved in seed form.

exactly.....

I wish I could pm you....I found some new "Landraces"(more like heirlooms) available but can't disclose here.

Frostcontrol

I grew out SSS Marion Davies this season (33°S). She finished up around late March, pulled a
little early due to bud rot from unexpected Prolonged rain. Very citrusy end product.

idiit

Veteran
i'm getting closer to isolating a relatively pure png line out of nanan bouclou. nb is def. Haitian dom. what I thought was png dom was prob. only 50% png. been smoking what I call png very dom last week or so. getting very good. up, dreamy, somewhat psychoactive high with very long duration. no tolerance build up. at two hours it seems to be at peak potency. wears me down and puts me to sleep after 2 hours evening smoke.
wake up hours later and can still feel high effects. I've got a strain tester with super high energy levels that wake and bakes. need her to smoke next batch to give a "early, full energy smoke report".

the Haitian is already isolated ( easy 'cause nb is Haitian dom). Haitian is a fantastic landrace in itself.
best task weed any of us have smoked. you're high but not debilitated. time flies. no one can tell you're high. has got a white widow type indica bud structure, sativa high effects, good frost. commercial cash crop potential. does have some mold resistant issues but not too bad. I've worked indicas and I think Haitian is correctly called a sativa landrace. there are some sativas that might have some indica influence way back in their origins, Haitian being one. great for adding frost, earliness, bud structure to extreme sats.

I consider nanan bouclou a must have strain. I want Haitian, nb and png seed lines. just about completed.

got some pics. in my albums.

Lesnah

Every time I see an update by Idiit, I rejoice with with high expectations from these genetics. I'ma have to consider it a personal holiday the day I pull off my first NB harvest lol

But seriously, whenever I hear of sativa lines with "indica" traits always makes me think the original genetics to be "Sativa Hash plants" like Sinai/Uzbeki/True Kushes like Kashmiri/Marocci etc....basically any squat indica-ish heirloom not from Afghanistan BLD types.

I could be way off...but I see a lot of similarities when I stare at leaf traits and stem sizes/color of leaflets etc.

idiit

Veteran
^
Sativa Hash plants
ee6b3507884504dc46d6561e55f72571_1444591.jpg

^ Paraguay hash sativa from Brazilian seed company. pretty unusual sativa profile for a reputed hash plant. sativa anomaly?

Lesnah

Heh, you're just full of surprises....now that we're on this topic; which would you say is the most resinous Sativa or sativa dominant in SSS's catalogue?

idiit

Veteran
Heh, you're just full of surprises
^ I just happened to have the phs ready to go outside. it seems to go against the grain of our commonly held perspectives on traditional
indica-ish heirloom not from Afghanistan BLD types.
( i'm reading wld here )

no one has run it ( phs) yet to my knowledge. be interesting how she turns out. she might be called hash sativa due to the taste and narcotic high effects, not really a 'hash strain'.

^ paraguay has some killer strains ( Paraguay cohiba, Paraguay choco chiba)
. wild how they 'wet press' for export. like boiling prime rib imo. :)

iirc he's only got three landraces; Haitian, png, mullum madness ( sativa poly ).as ozg said in his emails, the Haitian appears to be the frosty one. my od soil is heavy clay. if the clay is not amended properly it really affects bag appeal and potency of the bud product. I suspect the clay goes highly acidic during summer and causes what I call 'ph burn' in the fall bud formation. I have not run the Haitian yet in properly amended soil.

Lesnah

^ I just happened to have the phs ready to go outside. it seems to go against the grain of our commonly held perspectives on traditional ( i'm reading wld here )

no one has run it ( phs) yet to my knowledge. be interesting how she turns out. she might be called hash sativa due to the taste and narcotic high effects, not really a 'hash strain'.

^ paraguay has some killer strains ( Paraguay cohiba, Paraguay choco chiba)
. wild how they 'wet press' for export. like boiling prime rib imo. :)

iirc he's only got three landraces; Haitian, png, mullum madness ( sativa poly ).as ozg said in his emails, the Haitian appears to be the frosty one. my od soil is heavy clay. if the clay is not amended properly it really affects bag appeal and potency of the bud product. I suspect the clay goes highly acidic during summer and causes what I call 'ph burn' in the fall bud formation. I have not run the Haitian yet in properly amended soil.

Yes, BLD/WLD meaning the fatter leaves on squat afghani etc...

Didn't you have Mullum Madness? He only gave me 5 seeds due to a shortage he had caused by weather fuckin up his pollen iirc.

But I believe he also has a strain called "Thai Grail" which I think is also his "Nimbin Sativa" you have in your albums. I'll stick with the Haitian Dominant side of Nanan Bouclou due to your info which is much appreciated. I'm not in a proper place to start but I too have grown outdoors and the weather is finally constant in my kneck of the woods. How big did your NB's get? If I start now they might get bigger than I want them and I'll have to tie them down or snip them into a bonsai bush.

You build your own soil?

idiit

Veteran
lesnah,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=8

^ tokers den. this has lots of threads where you can easily and quickly get your post count up to 50 and then we can pm each other.

we have very similar tastes. the threads should primarily be on topic related even though I as well as others often digress.... also, there is stuff that can be said in private that probably shouldn't be said publicly. the good stuff often times.... :)

Lesnah

Ok Ok, I concede....I'll have my post count up in a few days ;-]

Gonna start a Nanan Bouclou seed too. The wait is killing me.

G

Chopper Read Sativa

Chopper Read Sativa

Hello SSS fans, this season I grew the Chopper Read seed gifted by the proprietor. He was very kind enough to gift me 7 seeds.
Mullumbimby Madness x Colorado Green Bud apparently.
This is an extremely large growing sativa type plant, with a very rich strong beautiful mango scent when cured. Thought I would be clever and just grow a small female in a pot to test out the breed, it soon grew to a respectable height.
Also grew a very strong scented diesel smelling male of this type.
Pollinated two different phenotypes of this species with great success producing a good amount of viable seed. Used the pollen to cross with Walter White, GG Allin, and Nice Chunk. Had multiple phenotypes of each of these plants so I am looking forward to some more selective breeding over the next few years.
Friends who have smoked it are commenting on a very strong tripping type of a sativa high, not yet smoked it myself as I haven't been in the mood to get stoned. Shall get around to sampling it sooner or later.
Will post a few pictures if any one is interested.
Uni...

idiit

Veteran
Mullumbimby Madness x Colorado Green Bud apparently.
This is an extremely large growing sativa type plant, with a very rich strong beautiful mango scent when cured. Thought I would be clever and just grow a small female in a pot to test out the breed, it soon grew to a respectable height.
Also grew a very strong scented diesel smelling male of this type

below is a thread on cgb. pbud and others are authorities on pbud so I trust their opinion

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274815

Lesnah

Ah very lucky UNI....now that I recall correctly he had postponed the release of the Chopper Read due to a shortage of pollen and the Mullum.

Imagine crossing that with a Neville's Haze and christining it "Nevil Bartoff" known to be Chopper Read's adversary.

hey lesnah tried to pm you as youve got 50 posts now but still couldnt for some reason.. maybe you have it turned off?

love the pics in this thread... just amazing.. i always love purple plants as they look more exotic..

G

This image gives general shape of the plant, I cut it back to 6 main branches very early as I had a hunch it may try to get a bit large.

uniborzum... your pics didnt work sorry mate... put them in your gallery then under the reply box is "go advanced" and once in there you will see on the right side "insert image" and then you go about it that way.. sorry for my quick instructions.. if you have any further drama i'll help you out with it...