What's new

honey cloning

goingrey

h.jpg

Two cuts from the same plant, one honey-dipped one not. Let's see what happens.

oldmaninbc

They don't go into specifics hehe. But the warning made the sale for me, figured it must be the good stuff. :D
Obviously your not an infant, your good to go. Honey in itself kills pathogens. The honey I eat is not treated.
I like honey and would not be without. Good stuff.
I use to have 2 retired school teachers live down the road from me. They had a passion for producing honey.
I tasted some they had entered in a contest and theirs won, it was nothing likes store bought honey. If only I had bought 50lbs of it.:)

goingrey

So I'm cloning in clay and the honey sticks to the clay and because of that the honey-dipped cut bent and snapped so I had to re-cut the cut. The non-honeyed one just slipped right in. First difference I noticed.

goingrey

So it seems like the honey dipped cutting died overnight. And the other one is totally fine. Two cutting experiment, shouldn't jump to conclusions, and maybe it's because of the clay and the sticking to it. But not exactly promising anyway.

sneezydog

Not sure if the stem size difference will matter there but the honey one looks older and woodier. Maybe try aloe side by side or a aloe dip then a honey dip ha. Or even spit if you have enough cuttings to do experiments

OleReynard

So I'm cloning in clay and the honey sticks to the clay and because of that the honey-dipped cut bent and snapped so I had to re-cut the cut. The non-honeyed one just slipped right in. First difference I noticed.
I'd think straight perlite or a loose airy soil would be better.

Latest posts

Latest posts