What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southern Star Seeds Grow

vostok

Veteran
220px-nana_buruku-500x500.jpeg

Since its release SSS management only wanted to part with Nanan-Bouclou, to equatorial zones only...?
still 13-17 weeks could be to long a flowering time to many ..?

M

Mullum

Since its release SSS management only wanted to part with Nanan-Bouclou, to equatorial zones only...?
still 13-17 weeks could be to long a flowering time to many ..?
[/quote]

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Gday Vostok,
maybe we can get idiit and thaibliss to chime in and verify actual flower timing in relation to their chosen grow method?

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it was around 9-12 weeks or so. Much quicker than I thought it would be. I documented it in "The Search for Trip Weed" thread. See link in my signature (shameless self promotion). To find out for you, I'll have to go to the post that first says I put it into the flowering cabinet, and the last post of it as I harvest (actually just too lazy to do it myself). The thread is where I've been documenting all my grows.

ThaiBliss

Lesnah

Wow, that is fast for the Bouclou....I'll probably give it a full 16 weeks unless i"m facing mold issues.

idiit

Veteran
my clones of the png dom nb started coming in late september. i actually put out three cllones at different times, some late and all came in before end of october except lower branches. the nb png dom did not bud rot. for something that finishes in bud rot season in se usa that's saying something.

Lesnah

Thanks Idiit,
the NB's have some mould resistance eh?
Another positive in my books

I'm hoping the Haitian side can also show some type of resistance. If not, I'm guessing the PNG side will popp up at least once in a pack(hopefully).

ThaiBliss

Veteran
my clones of the png dom nb started coming in late september. i actually put out three cllones at different times, some late and all came in before end of october except lower branches. the nb png dom did not bud rot. for something that finishes in bud rot season in se usa that's saying something.

I'm amazed how early these are, but end of October is no good where I live, unless in a greenhouse. Perhaps I'll try growing one indoors under 24 hours light, then put it outside on August 1st. Perhaps that will shock into starting flowering early, and finish in early October. That way I'll get to see what it is like under the natural sun.

Thanks for the info Idiit,

ThaiBliss

vostok

Veteran
lol...shameless self promotion

like me typing in bold dark red...lol
but really just lost my glasses
and its easier for me to read ...lol

shameless self promotion (SSP) ..lol

Lesnah

Nice, looking forward to your next run. I'm just waiting for some warmth to hit my area to give the Nanan a go.

vostok

Veteran
I now got heaps of Walter White which I'm crossing to auto strain ..we wait with abated breath, and Toby which I'm not so hot on

vostok

Veteran
Tis the time to bulk up on seeds too, like its between seasons, I do urge caution with those All Stars ...it just confused the hell outta me

The deal being you selected the weed from the 'all star' pack then tried to buy that strain ...was a nightmare as the grower/toker/seedbuyer was shooting in the dark,

that said you get very very good at id'ing the differences between sativa s and indica s ..and then some ...lol

Lesnah

A Vostok....that's what kept me from purchasing Walkabout from Shanti.....what if I really really liked a particular specimen but couldn't find it again?

That would suck

idiit

Veteran
what if I really really liked a particular specimen but couldn't find it again?

That would suck

^ why i like to start with landraces with dominant genetics and then make my own crosses after making sure i have both parents properly preserved in seed form.