What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southern Star Seeds Grow

Hashist

I did a grow last year of some beans I received as a gift from my friend OzG, the proprietor of Southern Star Seeds. I've only showed these pix at one site, and they've never really gotten any exposure beyond a dozen folks or so. But this section of the site provides a great opportunity to show off his gorgeous genetics.

The two strains I rand for OzG were G-Phist and Weeden. The genetics of the two are:

GPhist - TangerineHaze x PlatinumKush x Mephisto Madness

Weeden - G45 x Mr. Nice

Although I started the ladies in my grow room, I was not able to get the ladies outside until mid-August in MI, so they had an abbreviated growing season. This is how they looked when they migrated outdoors:

Weeden @ 7 1/2 weeks:
weeden.jpg

G-Phist at the same age:
gphist.jpg

Hashist

Here are the ladies in bloom at home. I had seven females - three gphist and four weeden. Animals got to two of the weeden, so I ended up with two weeden and three gphist.

Weeden on the left, gphist on the right:

eDyl1.jpg

Weeden:
sBmUd.jpg

wlz67.jpg

G-Phist:
2mw5m.jpg

dJBJA.jpg

Hashist

More G-Phist:
yaHHy.jpg

cLgZW.jpg

One of the most remarkable changes that observed in the plants related to their color. The g-phist, especially, morphed into something special. If you can't tell by the pics, the g-phist was almost a blue-green. On approach, the g-phisters appeared to be plugged in like neon signs and radiate bluish auras. They were quite a sight. Weeden's light, limey green color was stunning, too, even without g-phist's electric aura .

Immediately preceding harvest, the grow was inundated with three days of hard, hard rain, and when I arrived, every plant had fallen over; the ground was so sodden that it couldn't support the heavy cannabis plants! Glad I got there when I did - was able to save five plants, and lost one to bad, bad bud rot from the moisture. I didn't take many pics at the grow, because I freaked out at the plants on the ground and wasn't focused on the pic part. I do have a few pics to share, though. This G-Phist can speak for itself (remember, it didn't get outside until mid-August!):

img1164ku.jpg

dscn0363ii.jpg

dscn0401tv.jpg

Hashist

Weeden:

9nUxj.jpg

EnL5H.jpg

4a1T9.jpg

AbjVM.jpg

I mixed up my smoke reports, so I can't tell you strain which was which, but this was from the notes I took about these plants:

Each plant was a slightly different experience. Citrus aromas fill the curing jars; overall, the jars smell most strongly of oranges. The first plant I sampled was very, very mild in flavor, slightly sweet, and had a really nice, mellow buzz. It was a really pleasant smoke that wasn't incapacitating at all. I had a hard time separating out flavors on that one, but I think it was just because I was distracted at the time. The second plant I sampled smelled most strongly of oranges and had an incense-y undertone, too. Potency? WOW!!!!! On a scale of "Sober as a judge" to "Crippler", this would be a "Quadriplegic-inducing and IQ-reducing"! It was AMAZING. Each hit was like surfing a buzz wave - it just rolled under me, picked me up, and set me down like a THC breaker. I had to put it out after three hits - it was really, really, really, really potent. The last plant I sampled had black licorice overtones with some undertones that I wasn't able to identify just yet. The potency of this plant was in between the other two, but tended toward the more potent side. Again, very tasty.

These were great, vigorous genetics that I'm going to run again next year.

There were a lot of pix here. I hope I didn't mess anything up too badly!

Hashist

I don't even know if y'all have heard of Southern Star Seeds. If you haven't, you should google it. If you can't find the info, PM me and I can give you a hand.

SSS is an Australian bean vendor, in case I haven't made that clear. I'm not affiliated with or an employee of SSS. Not even a tester. I just ran the gear because I wanted some good Aussie genetics and my friend offered me some beans.

Last edited:
Reactions: xet

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Great Plants Mate :gday:
Thanks for sharing them with us all, that neon purple and blue G-Phist is just :yoinks:
And the smoko sounds like it would be great for chronic back pain and tasty to boot :D
Nice job
:smoke out:

N

noyd666

i'm looking, ya great colours, what yeild? no i did not know of s. stars.s. but im looking thanks .

Hashist

i'm looking, ya great colours, what yeild? no i did not know of s. stars.s. but im looking thanks .

From five plants that were given only a third of a grow season, I yielded eight full jars of bud, or about 40-50 oz. If those plants had a full growing season OD, I couldn't even guess the yield, but it would be HEAVY.

cannacoob

Wow, those are some lovely ladies from down under! Thanks so much for sharing.. will have to check out SSS for sure.

Hashist

I have searched high and low for my pics of the dried and cured buds, but they simply are not to be found. I apologize for disappointing.