What's new

colorado green bud

idiit

Veteran
Unknown or Legendary - Colorado Green Bud
The Colorado Green Bud is something i didn't want to mention because of the jealous haters that can't handle the truth. Here's a couple hints, chemdawg,diesels and Colorado bikers. Can i come out and claim it's what spawned the diesel, well they call it the original diesel. It was tabbed CGB to keep the haters at bay, never once had i thought of marketing it as diesel without being able to back it up. The bottom line is it doesn't matter! (motarebel)​

Chemd and diesel strains I personally think are Colorado Green Bud. Gets up peoples noses when I say that, so I just dont anymore. I have a strain here released soon called Chopper Read that is a heirloom NSW strain called Mullumbimby Madness x CO green bud. Locals here are itching to get hold of it as MM is a really old strain that I have had seeds for years that really though wouldnt germinate but did so had to release it

^ email from southern star seeds proprieter.

ok, so two breeders think cgb might be in the chem d and diesel genetics. they are sick and tired of neg. reactions per above.

so, any personal opinions or experiences to post on colorado geen bud? can we keep it friendly?

frosty wibes and big rips!

idiit

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
weird how such a "legendary" and presumably dank strain like CGB has so little info and substance to it, wonder why?

at for the southern starts, chopper read and mm = cmon son

idiit

Veteran
weird how such a "legendary" and presumably dank strain like CGB has so little info and substance to it, wonder why?

^ me too. motarebel is a well known and respected breeder though....

at for the southern starts, chopper read and mm = cmon son

totally unknown breeder at icmag but does have threads very supportive of his work on other forums. operates out of australia (melbourne).

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
^ me too. motarebel is a well known and respected breeder though....

indeed some great strains, doest stop people from stretching the truth and claims to sell seeds.

Apparently there is now a CGB male

he used a Mikado hybrid and hit it with a Colorado Green Bud male.
Motarebel, Mar 4, 2011

respect to motorebel but his recent posts wouldnt sway me to spend on him.

totally unknown breeder at icmag but does have threads very supportive of his work on other forums. operates out of australia (melbourne).

doubt he will be on here, the picture stealing could be awkward, his walter white picture is UnknownProphets GDP and texan guinan is from gs. ask about him in the ozzy forum, they might know better.

T

TREE KING

indeed some great strains, doest stop people from stretching the truth and claims to sell seeds.

Apparently there is now a CGB male

respect to motorebel but his recent posts wouldnt sway me to spend on him.

doubt he will be on here, the picture stealing could be awkward, his walter white picture is UnknownProphets GDP and texan guinan is from gs. ask about him in the ozzy forum, they might know better.

i grew his rocky mountain high (mikado x colorado green bud).. wasnt impressed

S

sourpuss

Whats the lineage on colorado green bud, first diesel type plant ive encountered was nirvanas ice. I would have to assume diesel lineage was made from this strain.

Im sure a lot of you will argue, grateful dead:) please... just be nice or santa wont bring u no presents this year:)

Cannavore

Veteran
Yeah I wasnt making an excuse or any thing like that for the guy. Just stating that was one of the releases when moio was with mota.

Also the mikado that was used is a hybrid of a few strains including mighty mite.

idiit

Veteran
from a british_hempire post on another thread:

CBF, who lives in wetern Colorado where the dog bud that chemdawg descends from wrote this at icmag in 2007, give you an idea of why it's so hard to find info, in 1996 the feds busted the area badly which was only a few years after chemdog (the guy) bought the dog buds in which he found the seeds he grew the chemdawg from so that kind of indicates that either the original growers and cuts are gone or are now very underground. Perhpas with the med status in Colorado they might resurface, but to me, it sounds like they were outlaw types so I doubt they have anything to do with the med scene. If they were bikers, they probably moved somewhere else when the feds turned up.

Quote:
chemdawg is/was a rename of the original bud the chem seed came from. also if im followin right, it also came from locals here in my area. have heard it called colorado dog, but dont know if thats accurate.

Pbud (another local line) has said it was bud from some bikers outta crested butte. ive smoked Pbud (Paonia Purple Paralyzer) have never heard of CO Dog or chemdawg local. ive asked quite a few of the old local growers around here (used to be a hotspot around here for outdoor growin) about Pbud or chem seed, and noone has any, or heard of CO Dog or Chem.

lots of the local growers are growin a line called redlands here. sorry line imo. good ole days are a memory around here. Feds had a big wing ding around here 12 or so years ago, and many a grower lost there land and homes. and i believe that was the demise of the Pbud. i was suprised to hear chemdawg actually had seed of the Pbud, as the story here is the grower of the Pbud, either was busted, or skinned out when it went bad here. and he was very protective of his line.

so chemdawg, if the story is accurate, originates from a seedline here on the western slope of colorado.

CBF
The guy in Virginia who was the source of the Massachussets Super Skunk that went into making the diesels was sent down for a long prson stretch, the MSS was originally called Virgina Skunk and got the MSS name after it travelled to Massachussets (where Chemdog (the guy) hails from. I just mention this as a further example of how hard it can be to trace lineages as many people from back then either left the scene or got busted and sent down.

This is what JJ-NYC had to say about Diesel, you can take his word on this as fact:

Quote:
Let me give everyone a history lession about the Diesel. The Chem Dawg
was a unknown indica strain(Kush,HP,or NL?) old school, from
Colorodo. (Does anyone know what strain or its orgin?)This is the
orginal NYC DIESEL. Two friends met on Dead tour. A pound of Chem
was mailed to Mass. around 93-94.Seeds were found and started.My
friend met Mass.G. at Phish tour 93-94.Clones of the Chem Dawg and
Super Skunk made their way to NYC. With no male,The Weasel crossed a
Sensi NL male with the Super Skunk. Took a male and crossed it with
the Chem Dawg creating the Underdawg Diesel or (Diesel no.1,Headband
Diesel,or Daywrecker Diesel).Another strain in his room the DNL
(NL/Shiva(RFK)/Hawiian cross) self seeded the Under Dawg a seed was
grown and The Sour Diesel was created, no planned breeding, it just
happened. This is the Diesel gospel. Everything else is BS including
soma (who the fuck is soma?) I challenge anyone who questions this
fact, for I have been involved with the Diesel since it came to NYC.

link

from an ic member (pbud post #398 on another ic thread):
I think the dog bud which is the parents of OG and Chem came from the hippie trail in the 70's that went to Afgan and brought back beans. Prob were growing it for years before we got it. Chem d was a bagseed that chemdog found in the dog bud we sent him.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=275817&page=27

idiit

Veteran
Here's a couple hints, chemdawg,diesels and Colorado bikers. Can i come out and claim it's what spawned the diesel, well they call it the original diesel. It was tabbed CGB to keep the haters at bay, never once had i thought of marketing it as diesel without being able to back it up. The bottom line is it doesn't matter!
emphasis mine.

link google "motarebel colorado green bud" for link.

Dude your starting sound like a hater,maybe you you know more about the CGB than i do? Let's talk about the male that made the original diesel, the NL/MSS shall we? Old skool skunky/piney goodness mixed with a skunk so who's to say what flava combination can be had? My original post was jumbled up a bit when i said the original diesel spawned diesel and chemdawg, a simple stoner mistake. Chemdawg x NL/MSS is the original diesel for those that don't know how to use "search" or would rather bust my ballz.
Motarebel, Jun 21, 2011

link ain't working. google "motarebel colorado green bud" for link.

^motarebel on above 2 quotes.

Let me give everyone a history lession about the Diesel. The Chem Dawg
was a unknown indica strain(Kush,HP,or NL?) old school, from
Colorodo. (Does anyone know what strain or its orgin?)
jj- nyc quote supplied by british_hempire.

^^ links available on my post # 13.

story is starting to add up. ( dog bud renamed chemdog).

pbud is the one who sold the bags to chemdog and pbud is a posting ic member. pbud does not remember the original name as cgb. mota says they renamed it cgb to ease off the haters.

so basically, it looks reasonable to say based on the above that dog bud>chemdog>colorado green bud is plausible :)

southern star seeds is getting set to release their first cgb hybrid:

Mullumbimby Madness x Colorado Green Bud (chopper read).

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there's a clone in Hawaii that been here since at least the earliest of the 90's...
where it came from, nobody knows
its been mentioned Oregon...
and its been called THE DOG the whole time

it took a few years to track down
and then it cost me a really pretty penny to acquire
but i cannot complain about the best penny ever spent, so someone else can whine about it they can whine about some other shit too, thats all on them hahaha

but here are some pictures of THE DOG
as she is here on Maui
I think it has a very familiar look
and it grows like a few "old friends" I know hahaha

picture.php

picture.php

whatever this plant is, was, or could be, nothing can take away the fact I feel its the best pot I have ever smoked.

Kalyx

All i know is I have heard very little of "Colorado Green Bud", not even sure if it is a really strain but I have heard of it. I will say this, I had received what was called "Green Bud" 2 times, the last time being in 98-99'. By far the most road kill skunky bud I ever had, some of the best tasting and most potent smoke as well. The last bag I had of it actually got me busted by my parents when I was 17 due to it stinking up my entire house like a skunk. Its funny because anytime I hear about RKS thats where my mind goes, that smell and flavor comes right back. The interesting thing I must say is when I smoked Diesel for the first time years later it reminded me exactly of the Green Bud. The main difference I noticed is the Green Bud was way more skunky on the smell and flavor spectrum than a lot of Chem/Diesels or what not. I have no idea if what was called "Green Bud" was the actual "Green Bud" or whether or not it has any relation to the Chem/Diesel/Og lines or even the famed Dog bud. I do know this, it was some of the best pot I have ever smoked, and I see, smell and taste a lot of similarities in those lines. I wouldn't be shocked to find its related nor would I be shocked to find there is no relation.

-Kalyx

Pbud

Sounds legit!

there's a clone in Hawaii that been here since at least the earliest of the 90's...
where it came from, nobody knows
its been mentioned Oregon...
and its been called THE DOG the whole time

it took a few years to track down
and then it cost me a really pretty penny to acquire
but i cannot complain about the best penny ever spent, so someone else can whine about it they can whine about some other shit too, thats all on them hahaha

but here are some pictures of THE DOG
as she is here on Maui
I think it has a very familiar look
and it grows like a few "old friends" I know hahaha

View Image

View Image

whatever this plant is, was, or could be, nothing can take away the fact I feel its the best pot I have ever smoked.

Latest posts

Latest posts