What's new

Skunkman Sam How Does He Do It???

How about a laser particle sizer that measures each particle and then sends it to a save or trash pile? just kidding

BTW, anyone that knows me will tell you I can make 99.9% pure resin heads out of anything, part clean resin or whole plants with all shade leaves intact when ground up.
That is what I use the most, it is so easy to grind whole plants through a #43 screen (120 micron) and then resift with a card over a #77 screen (80 micron)
I use a rotary brush sifter particle sizer used by the pharmaceutical industry for step one & two. It is big and expensive, but can do 100 Kg a day.
Then my secret method for step 3...
-SamS

Is the secret ingredient love? It's love isn't it? :jump:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I think half if not more of the cleaning tech is in the spinning and separation of the plant material:

I use a rotary brush sifter particle sizer used by the pharmaceutical industry for step one & two. It is big and expensive, but can do 100 Kg a day.
Then my secret method for step 3...
-SamS

This will take care of so much of the waste ...... This is a machine most don't have... headband 707

U

Ultra Current

I still dont understand why Sam the man who gives us thousands of free seeds wont give us this key piece of information. Maybe its a product hes trying to market. I hope he doesnt get hit by a bus and take it to the grave. How will that help the learning experience. All these old timers love their secrets. The old guys i know are the same. They say dont tell anyone. We will die with this. Lol. I hope that I dont get like that when im an old timer.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few possible thoughts.

The first is that guerilla publicity is good, even if it is negative. It puts the product before the public and gains product recognition.

If it is pristine and unexplained, it also builds a mystique beyond its actual properties.

Another is to question why anyone would think that anyone else was honor bound to reveal their inner most secrets, especially when it was ones livelihood.

As sweet and kindly as I may be, if I depended on the information that I give away free for my day to day living expenses, I might give out less.

How have we come to expect and even demand, that another persons inner most revelations are public domain?

I don't have the above answers, but I do understand that we can wish in one hand and defecate in the other. One or the other will fill up first.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PS: Look at how much valuble guess work has been published as a result of the unanswered question..................

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well I never started this thread with expectations that sam would share his method. I was hoping to stir some debate and perhaps gain some useful insite from others who have attempted to replicate the product produced by sam.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Would he do it "FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS" LOL>>>>>jk
looks better with the baby finger beside the mouth......headband 707

So after Sam, the next best shots I've seen of pure trichomes, somewhere on this forum (too lazy to look for the thread), was done with the ice water gravity method. The guy was so careful, and used pipets to rinse his triches. Then padded them down carefully with a paper towel. It looked beautiful, I almost cried.

How do we know, step 3 doesn't involve suspending the trichomes in a solution of water or some other liquid, to separate out stuff with a different density? You can always, then carefully dry the triches, and make it look like they were never wet.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Again, then it wouldn't be dry sieve. Water would be part of the extraction process. I don't believe the man is trying to mislead. Peace GS

Forgot what this is called. But you can take a material like kief, and suspend it in the air with blowers. Different density material will be suspended at different heights. You can then sort just with air. I think its something like using "air classifiers".

Then, someone mentioned a phenominom with static electricity, where stalks of trichomes were being attracted by the electricity. So you can further separate the material using electrical forces. Theoretically, same could keep a child slave, that he turns into a static electrical generator, through rubbing balloon on the slaves head, to attract trichome stalks.

A few possible thoughts.

The first is that guerilla publicity is good, even if it is negative. It puts the product before the public and gains product recognition.

If it is pristine and unexplained, it also builds a mystique beyond its actual properties.

Another is to question why anyone would think that anyone else was honor bound to reveal their inner most secrets, especially when it was ones livelihood.

As sweet and kindly as I may be, if I depended on the information that I give away free for my day to day living expenses, I might give out less.

How have we come to expect and even demand, that another persons inner most revelations are public domain?

I don't have the above answers, but I do understand that we can wish in one hand and defecate in the other. One or the other will fill up first.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PS: Look at how much valuble guess work has been published as a result of the unanswered question..................

Amen, we are truly blessed to be graced with your vast knowledge. You don't get enough thanks around here. :tiphat:

jayjayfrank

Veteran
"Because the method allowed us to isolate pure glandular trichomes from every plant attempted, we believe it will be generally applicable for many taxa."

the literature cited section will expand your reading list

C

Chamba

This dry ice method link has been posted before (thanks for posting it again!)..and while it offers excellent techniques for dry sifting fresh plant material with dry ice (always maintain low temps, powdered dry ice, vortexing, vertical collection etc).....it still doesn't completely isolate resin heads from stalks and plant matter like Sam's method does, even the resin heads that are removed from the sides of the test tube still contain some stalks. But perhaps if the mostly resin heads and some stalks that are removed from the sides of the glass is processed several times then it's likely that the purity would improve to the point that it's 95~97% pure?

I remember Sam writing that he developed his method in a hotel room in Africa, so perhaps he doesn't use dry ice, but maybe he uses vertical collection (edit : resin collected from the side walls of a container) of pure resin heads? ..which would account for the extremely low yields for his method.

Last edited: