What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunkman Sam How Does He Do It???

JointOperation

the secret might be... related to POWDER COATING? maybe add a negative or positive charge to a material.. and then allow the heads or stalks and contaminates to get pulled onto the material?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As is sampling small aromatic batches refined using static electricity.......

snake11

What about a flow additive before sieving to prevent agglomeration and then sieved out on a different sized screen after?? This would help prevent binding and agglomeration. Also would help preventing static.

My thought was that even if the sieve screen is perfectly sized for trichome heads as soon as we start shaking it static occurs as well as agglomeration which would cause the group of trichomes to be too large to fit through the sieve opening. If we went larger in screen sizes it allows the groups to fall through but also some stalks. If we added a flow additive it would keep them from grouping and also would keep the static down. I would think a smaller mesh screen could be used with a flow additive. As long as a known uniformed size additive was added it would be easy to separate the additive from the trichome heads. I do not do dry sieve so I have no way of currently experimenting but I think it would work. Easy and quick too!

Also fine sand could be used as the flow additive so this would be easy to do in a hotel room in Africa.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts