What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunkman Sam How Does He Do It???

mrcreosote

Veteran
blazeoneup,

I see your point as well, but I'll clarify mine. Sam is a professional.His contributions to IC are many, and if he has a method he wishes not to share.I'm sure he has a reason.
Fine by me.
No reason for everyone else not to show up.

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
How about a laser particle sizer that measures each particle and then sends it to a save or trash pile? just kidding

BTW, anyone that knows me will tell you I can make 99.9% pure resin heads out of anything, part clean resin or whole plants with all shade leaves intact when ground up.
That is what I use the most, it is so easy to grind whole plants through a #43 screen (120 micron) and then resift with a card over a #77 screen (80 micron)
I use a rotary brush sifter particle sizer used by the pharmaceutical industry for step one & two. It is big and expensive, but can do 100 Kg a day.
Then my secret method for step 3...
-SamS

We always say SamS will take Step 3 to the Grave before he Gives it up!!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
In other words he has the cash and machines you don't lol ,,Maybe he just washes it in icecold water ,,, always looks great though headband 707

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
If he washed it in dry ice, would that still be dry sieve ?

Dry ice is dry lol, there is no washing something in dry ice. Dry ice evaporates into co2. Where ice melts into liquid water. So you can't technically wash anything in something dry.

The whole idea with dry ice is to super cool the material and make it easier for the glands to snap off. Dry sieve made with dry ice would still be dry sieve.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
If he washed it in water, it wouldn't be dry sieve anymore. Peace GS

Water is the gift of god my friend never underestimate the power of water to clean your bud lol...keep it simple..maybe he is using nano tech to remove it indiviually lol peace out headband 707:tiphat:

Green Supreme

Veteran
Water is the gift of god my friend never underestimate the power of water to clean your bud lol...keep it simple..maybe he is using nano tech to remove it indiviually lol peace out headband 707:tiphat:
Dude, it is dry sieve we are discussing here not water extract. Yes , yes water has many good qualities and purposes, just not in dry sieving. Peace GS

What if his secret, is not really a secret. What if his technique is just adapted from available patented techniques that were developed for the purposes of say the natural fiber industry. their are dozens of scientific articles on "isolation of trichomes". Their are ways that people do it in the lab where they can separate just the trichome heads. I'm working hard on this, and am so grateful for a particular professor I had who taught me how to read peer reviewed articles.

It can be done. Seriously. The tricky part is how to do it economically. I'm also interested in air classifiers and centrifuges.

N

NicholasSmokes

My guess is that after he sorts by size, he sorts by weight. I have been wondering if this could be done with a machine similar to the green table looking one they use on the TV show Gold Rush to do the final processing. I think there is also lab and industrial equipment to do this.

I'm trying to remember the terms I used once in a google search that got me the methods for isolating trichomes. It was something like "discrimination of trichomes" or the "exclusion of trichomes", cant quite recall. I saw their was a patented method for this.

Industrial machines are able to classify and separate materials by 1. shape of particles, 2. weight of particle through air classifiers, 3. what we all do - size of particle. Shouldn't that get us 99.999%?

vibrating_screen_vibro_sieve_for_powder_liquid.jpg

bubbleman

Veteran
Nice Dry Sift Blazed... really great looking stuff... no doubt

Glad that people are still being inspired.. i noticed that the people that slam sam.. almost never post any efforst of making a clean dry sift? maybe they just like to add their opinion with nothing else to offer..
Well my thanks goes out to Sam first off.. for lighting a fire under people's ass's and reinspiring people daily to make their hash BETTER

with that said... im gonna go smoke a little of my own...
peace
Bubble man

Latest posts

Latest posts