What's new

seeded gets aced

Lammy

Looks real nice. Just a note. In botany when you write crosses the female always comes first and the male second. A reversed female would be listed second.
(Thai x Blueberry) × Malawi would be more accurate. But I don't know about the first part in parentheses.

I plan so many crosses that I have my own mathematical style language for writing crosses. I use a negative sign to indicate sex reversal and a '/' is like × but has precedence, like it's in parentheses. I'd write that as Thai/BB×Malawi

seeded

Looks real nice. Just a note. In botany when you write crosses the female always comes first and the male second. A reversed female would be listed second.
(Thai x Blueberry) × Malawi would be more accurate. But I don't know about the first part in parentheses.

I plan so many crosses that I have my own mathematical style language for writing crosses. I use a negative sign to indicate sex reversal and a '/' is like × but has precedence, like it's in parentheses. I'd write that as Thai/BB×Malawi

In the spirit of being accurate that hybrid would be (blueberry x thai) x malawi.
I've always put the male first because of how I store my seeds. When I replicated Malawi for example I hit all my mothers with pollen so I wrote Malawi on a sandwich bag and then I collected seeds up in individual baggies from each of the seeded plants which had the mother's name written on them. It feels kind of weird putting the girl first since they've been consumed by the male bag but I guess I better start doing it :laughing:

I like your language idea. I was going to write it all out in long form but that simplifies things considerably. I'm stealing it :biggrin:

Lammy

I like your organization. I do a similar thing. I ordered 1000 small baggies similar to what Ace has I label each individual cross on the bag fully and then I've got small parts-tool boxes. where they're sectioned off and each section is about the size of my bag. Each section is organized by the male pollen donor.

I've got a further system for coming up with short names for my crosses. If it's a male plant that I'm using a lot I normally give him a unique name. Usually the first letter of his name corresponds to the genetics from the cross. For instance the crosses im testing right now are from a male I named Wayland. The cross was called WFO. So wayland is a WFO male. GG4 × Wayland short name is GGW. Death Star×wayland =DSW..

The WFO is White Fire × Orpheus. Orpheus(OGR) is OG 18 x Reginald and Reginald is Bubba Kush × Eight Miles High.

I'm fairly meticulous in my planning period perhaps more than I need to be

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
Nice Seeded , whos blueberry and is the the thai from ace did you make the thai bb cross interesting wonder if the blueberry will reduce flowering time I guess we ll find out thanks for sharing.B

seeded

I like your organization. I do a similar thing. I ordered 1000 small baggies similar to what Ace has I label each individual cross on the bag fully and then I've got small parts-tool boxes. where they're sectioned off and each section is about the size of my bag. Each section is organized by the male pollen donor.

I've got a further system for coming up with short names for my crosses. If it's a male plant that I'm using a lot I normally give him a unique name. Usually the first letter of his name corresponds to the genetics from the cross. For instance the crosses im testing right now are from a male I named Wayland. The cross was called WFO. So wayland is a WFO male. GG4 × Wayland short name is GGW. Death Star×wayland =DSW..

The WFO is White Fire × Orpheus. Orpheus(OGR) is OG 18 x Reginald and Reginald is Bubba Kush × Eight Miles High.

I'm fairly meticulous in my planning period perhaps more than I need to be

Wayland sounds like he's got some strong genetics behind him. How's he acting as a father so far? Passing along many decent traits? Letting the girls dominate? Should be good either way by the sounds of things though.

Nice Seeded , whos blueberry and is the the thai from ace did you make the thai bb cross interesting wonder if the blueberry will reduce flowering time I guess we ll find out thanks for sharing.B

The thai was from world of seeds and the blueberry eskobar's true blueberry. The blueberry will definitely bring down the flowering time as a very indica dominant F2 mother was used in the original hybrid which really tamed the thai but the thai is still there and being half malawi I'm expecting them to still need a good 12-14 weeks to mature.

seeded

You should get bored more often
My pleasure.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've just gone full retard and caved into an online special for a dslr camera and lens with some extra kit. I won't go into exactly how bad I screwed myself but lets just say that even with the 20% off the already lower than retail prices the cheap options were bad enough to give up buying seeds this year and that pissed me off enough to go with the lowest mid tier option above my budget which should say enough to anyone who's ever been camera shopping on any kind of budget lol

So yeah the financial ruin sucks but on the plus side of things I'm about to leave auto focus hell and bring some real heat from day one as the sativa girls will all be 6+ weeks into flowering when it gets here and if all goes to plan I'll have all the males flower as well as erdpurt and pck coming in straight after them during winter too. It's going to be quite the show and I'm finally starting to get the equipment needed to do it justice :woohoo:

seeded

Awwww look at the pretty colours that have come in on this erdpurt in warmish temperatures :woohoo:
picture.php

picture.php

AND it's allergic to being root bound as per the description on Ace's website. FML but it was to be expected so down it goes :tree:
picture.php

G

Hi seeded!Sucks about the money,but you'll forget it when you get your new toy!
Also an opportunity to try your own seeds,right?Is the first pic the Zammy?Good stuff mate!

seeded

Hi seeded!Sucks about the money,but you'll forget it when you get your new toy!
Also an opportunity to try your own seeds,right?Is the first pic the Zammy?Good stuff mate!
I can't forget about it. If anything I'm more likely to consider the first shot as costing nearly a grand and think of any pictures I delete as throwing tons of money away. The only way out is to take tens of thousands of pictures to drive the per picture cost way down to acceptable levels at which point it's more of an investment than a money sink but even then deep down I'll still know every pic is costing me something which will forever be on my mind :laughing:

As for seeds I've made a tradition of ordering them on my birthday as a present to myself and have always ordered far more than I could sprout between orders to build my collection. So I literally have years worth of new strains to sprout but the breaking of tradition is going to kill me on the inside especially once Ace drops the new leb, jap and calendonia strains. I'm sure I'll have the cash next year or be offered a trade even if I don't so chances are I won't miss out on anything I really want but it's just not the same as having the seeds already in your possession and being able to plant them at will.

That bud was the fastest zamaldelica. Here's another one from 5 mins ago since you liked the first one :biggrin:
picture.php

seeded

The zammy looks nice. that's really tight bud structure on the male erdpurt.

I got bored and took pics. These are all different ssh x malawi though the last one was flowered about a week after the others as it was a runt and needed the extra vege time.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

The middle of the pack bb/thai x malawi has erupted in trichs and looks like it has a little more to go :woohoo:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

orfeas

Veteran
shots a pleasure to behold...
gotta love the trichs though :)

Excellent job seeded!

:tiphat:Orpheus

seeded

shots a pleasure to behold...
gotta love the trichs though :)

Excellent job seeded!

:tiphat:Orpheus

Thanks you.

Unfortunately it seems like videos are out as every site requires registration now. It's a real shame too because the pics don't do the jungle justice while together it was going to be fantastic. Oh well, time for the week 6 update which I'd love to do in a single post but the 5 picture (smilies included, like seriously wtf?) limit is about to see me spam the thread up big time. Oh well, enjoy :biggrin:

Vege tent
picture.php

picture.php

seeded

Double Thais and the last is a seemingly solid female erdpurt that's auto flowering in the vege tent
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php