What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seeded gets aced

seeded

I hear you. But these days my stash lasts a long time - too long to grow as often as I'd like. As for the farm... I still miss it even if I'm too old for Jungle work any more.

View Image

I could make a single indoor grow last me the whole year but even if I didn't smoke I'd not only grow but grow an excessive amount of plants just like I do now because I know it's always a numbers game to find the best. I've long grown past the days of my cannabis addiction changing direction from consumption to production and it's now firmly focused on breeding from which there's no going back. Honestly the only thing I'd change is I'd turn down my lights to save on my power bill because if there's one thing sweeter than tasting your own grass it's sharing it with something else who thinks it's the shit and I know that's going to be amplified a thousand fold when it come from seeds I've put years into instead of pheno hunting someone else's work.

Turns out my particular case of grow bug is parasitic in nature and wouldn't mind watching the world burn :laughing:
picture.php

thejact55

This is exactly where i'm at in life. I grow to grow, not to smoke. I smoke like a gram a week, if that. Weed has no monetary value to me at all, and I have no wish to make money from it. Ive given away over a half pound of weed in less than a year. Cabbage is worth more to me.
Making hella seeds, and growing unique and beautiful plants is where I'm at.

Lammy

Thanks Syd. I've grown a few of my own seeds out in the past and they've always had a special feel to them while growing though if I'm honest in the end most haven't lived up to the parents. That's what actually lead to be interested in landraces and in particular strong sativas which inevitably resulted in Malawi being the first lot of seeds I'd purchased in around a decade. Seriously how's a person meant to resist the very first line of Ace's description?

Although they're going to be great I can't imagine I'll find a truly special plant in any of the hybrids I've made for some time as I won't be able to run the numbers to find them and worse yet I won't have the room to keep them even if one pops up. All the same I'm going to grow them out once a year to get a feel for the middle ground of the genetics so once I'm done with the replication phase and start playing a game of replace the mum with my favourite landraces I'll immediately know the direction I'd like to move forward in with my own work which will be worth the pain of killing off all the good plants I find along the way.

I can understand where you're coming from. I was going to back off growing out crosses because they never turned out to be that popular. I live in a medical State and a lot of the Clones I run don't do so well for me. But I found a male plant that I made about a year ago that I've just had amazing results with. He really lets the female shine through in smell and character while he adds a lot of frostyness and structure that can really improve the yield and the offspring do way better in my garden. That's another thing I found after a couple Generations my crosses seem to grow way better for me. I guess the selection is ensuring that they do good in my indoor climate with my nutrients. I have access to all sorts of popular clones and I've come to the conclusion that they're just popular because the people who distribute them are popular. I'd much rather have something that's easy the grow with a high yield and a good Buzz then just a good smell. I've made close to a hundred crosses in the last few years. In the last year or so I started testing 20 to 30 females of each cross that i find important and that seems to be the magic number. I'm trying to do crosses if sativas to popular clones. You can check out my thread Lammys Ace Journal if you're interested I don't have a whole lot of ace gear going on at the moment. I'm using a male that's Gorilla Glue#4 X Orient Express to make a bunch of crosses. I plan on running Panama and Malawi at the end of the year and maybe destroyer and golden tiger at the same time

seeded

This is exactly where i'm at in life. I grow to grow, not to smoke. I smoke like a gram a week, if that. Weed has no monetary value to me at all, and I have no wish to make money from it. Ive given away over a half pound of weed in less than a year. Cabbage is worth more to me.
Making hella seeds, and growing unique and beautiful plants is where I'm at.

To be honest I'm not quite there yet as I still consume tons and could sell it if I really wanted but even if I can trust my circle of people not to personally rip me off all I need is one of them to mention having access to stuff that isn't pgr'd to death to someone else and I'll get ripped or raided for sure.

I wish I was exaggerating but the growers and dealers around here are ruthless because their artificial drought sees them getting $350-400 per ounce no matter the quality. I've also seen enough people having their houses run through because they tried selling a bit of home grown or interfered with another dealer's profits and had the police called on them to know that competition isn't allowed. It's not worth the risk especially with my absolute worst popcorn shitting all over their best pgr filth as you just know the whole town would hear about it making it a matter of time before they got me too.

As much as I'd love to recoup some of my power bill the good thing about all this is that without any commercial incentives I'm free to explore my genepools with a focus on quality above all else. Low yields, high flowering times, etc. all become meaningless to me so in the end I'll get to die a much happier man knowing I made the absolute best I could instead of compromising my work, soul and safety for profit along the way.

I can understand where you're coming from. I was going to back off growing out crosses because they never turned out to be that popular. I live in a medical State and a lot of the Clones I run don't do so well for me. But I found a male plant that I made about a year ago that I've just had amazing results with. He really lets the female shine through in smell and character while he adds a lot of frostyness and structure that can really improve the yield and the offspring do way better in my garden. That's another thing I found after a couple Generations my crosses seem to grow way better for me. I guess the selection is ensuring that they do good in my indoor climate with my nutrients. I have access to all sorts of popular clones and I've come to the conclusion that they're just popular because the people who distribute them are popular. I'd much rather have something that's easy the grow with a high yield and a good Buzz then just a good smell. I've made close to a hundred crosses in the last few years. In the last year or so I started testing 20 to 30 females of each cross that i find important and that seems to be the magic number. I'm trying to do crosses if sativas to popular clones. You can check out my thread Lammys Ace Journal if you're interested I don't have a whole lot of ace gear going on at the moment. I'm using a male that's Gorilla Glue#4 X Orient Express to make a bunch of crosses. I plan on running Panama and Malawi at the end of the year and maybe destroyer and golden tiger at the same time
I agree that most stuff is popular simply because of the person who has it. Good smoke speaks for itself but most people who get something truly special typically horde those genetics like their life depends on it. The ones who are sharing just have access to people and usually just a pack or two of seeds which like you mentioned with needing 20-30 females simply isn't enough to find a great plant let along a special one. They'll find good and maybe even get lucky and get a 1/100 girl but those truly earth shattering girls that change your life can only be found by running large numbers and once you've gone to all that risk and effort to find her the chances of wanting to share it out freely are pretty slim.

Your work sounds great and I've stalked that diary of yours a few times while I've been out of rep so I'll go back and check it out again. I remember you having a pretty impressive male and list of strains though the one I was most interested in was the vietnam black x thai. How'd that go for you?

Lammy

It sucks that you can't easily sell something. It sounds like you've got super high prices there. I'm in a medical state in the prices of dropped out. but depending on your exact locality the police don't mind busting you even if you're following the rules. One thing I envy about a lot of people on here is theyre just doing it for personal use so like you said you can grow stuff that doesn't make Financial sense. Most of my garden is dictated by popular demand. It sucks that I can have something that's really nice but it might not catch on for some random reason. One annoying thing is The Name Game people want something with a name that they recognize but at some point it's too much and they say that they're tired of it. Being that I'm in a medical State I can trust people a little more than you but thankfully because of it I deal with people usually a long way away and nobody knows where I live.

You asked about the Vietnam Black Thai. I ran that the same time is the Malawi. Unfortunately I made a couple mistakes the first one was flowering out a 4-foot tall Malawi male in the same room thinking that it didn't really matter as long as I didn't bump into it too much. LOL
Everything in that Garden was so seeded that none of it ever got smoked. I didn't realize how bad they were seeded and I also didn't have time to flower for more than 10 weeks. It was such a waste and a lot of money I never posted about it in that thread. I hate to think about it. I worry that a lot of landrace genetics wouldn't have the flavor or smells that people are familiar with and they want and it would be hard for me to get rid of. I can't really afford to dedicate very much of my space to something that I'm going to spend a while trying to get rid of.
I crossed the VBT to bubba kush I think a lot about those seeds. Maybe I could join it with this line that I'm working on right now which mixes Mandala's 8 Mile High with Bubba Kush. it's a great commercial strain and it would be nice to add a touch of Vietnam Black. Plus the pictures that Ace used to have on their site of the VBT look like they would make beautiful babies with the Bubba Kush that I ran. Maybe I'll see if I can find a space for that when I run the Panama in Malawi. But it will be hard for me to make a space to run something longer than 9 weeks. I really envy people who can just grow whatever they want.

Goid luck with all your crosses

seeded

It sucks that you can't easily sell something. It sounds like you've got super high prices there. I'm in a medical state in the prices of dropped out. but depending on your exact locality the police don't mind busting you even if you're following the rules. One thing I envy about a lot of people on here is theyre just doing it for personal use so like you said you can grow stuff that doesn't make Financial sense. Most of my garden is dictated by popular demand. It sucks that I can have something that's really nice but it might not catch on for some random reason. One annoying thing is The Name Game people want something with a name that they recognize but at some point it's too much and they say that they're tired of it. Being that I'm in a medical State I can trust people a little more than you but thankfully because of it I deal with people usually a long way away and nobody knows where I live.

You asked about the Vietnam Black Thai. I ran that the same time is the Malawi. Unfortunately I made a couple mistakes the first one was flowering out a 4-foot tall Malawi male in the same room thinking that it didn't really matter as long as I didn't bump into it too much. LOL
Everything in that Garden was so seeded that none of it ever got smoked. I didn't realize how bad they were seeded and I also didn't have time to flower for more than 10 weeks. It was such a waste and a lot of money I never posted about it in that thread. I hate to think about it. I worry that a lot of landrace genetics wouldn't have the flavor or smells that people are familiar with and they want and it would be hard for me to get rid of. I can't really afford to dedicate very much of my space to something that I'm going to spend a while trying to get rid of.
I crossed the VBT to bubba kush I think a lot about those seeds. Maybe I could join it with this line that I'm working on right now which mixes Mandala's 8 Mile High with Bubba Kush. it's a great commercial strain and it would be nice to add a touch of Vietnam Black. Plus the pictures that Ace used to have on their site of the VBT look like they would make beautiful babies with the Bubba Kush that I ran. Maybe I'll see if I can find a space for that when I run the Panama in Malawi. But it will be hard for me to make a space to run something longer than 9 weeks. I really envy people who can just grow whatever they want.

Goid luck with all your crosses

Sorry to hear that vietnam black x thai run didn't go well and that you're restricted to 9 week strains or less now. It must be super restrictive putting the needs of others ahead of your own desires like that though I can understand why you'd put yourself in that kind of position.

Personally I've found that people are ignorant as hell about strains here so there's no point in trying to be honest with them. In the past I found it's much better to try and make up a catchy name that describes the tastes or effects such as koala's arse for eucalyptus tasting buds or shit the couch for something that couchlocks you so bad you don't want to get up to even use the toilet. Give them a funny name and a sample that lends to it and if it's remotely good quality you'll get your asking price.

Thanks for the good luck and I wish you the same with your work too. It'll be great seeing how those vbt x bk turn out so I hope you do a diary when you sprout them :biggrin:

seeded

Some of the younger seedlings (pck, durban and erdpurt) started showing their gender tonight so here's some durban ones.
picture.php

picture.php

The uber fast zamaldelica #10 started putting out trichs yesterday and seems to be getting stickier every time I look at it which is almost on the hour now so I couldn't help but take a picture or two while I had the camera out.
picture.php

Since I was taking pics anyway here's a couple of my malawi x (thai x blueberry) girls that have given me quite the stoner boner. The first one is considerably better looking than the other sibling I left out and seems a bit more malawi/thai dom while the second one has retained a hefty chunk of blueberry and got a huge sativa kick up the arse from the malawi.
picture.php

picture.php

seeded

Week 4 of flowering and some of the girls are giving up the stretch while others, especially the double thai, are still going strong and showing no sign of slowing down. They're getting stinkier by the day but it's all blending together in there so with nothing else to report here's a quick video https://vid.me/DdKL and now on to some pics

vege tent, left and right sides of the flowering tent and zamaldelica buds
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

Continuing on with the update here's the ballsiest durban in the vege tent and then some flowering malawi and malawi hybrids.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

Week 5, well a day early but I'm bored and I'll shit my thread up with hps pics and a video a day early if I want to. https://vid.me/wBi9

Vege and then both sides of the flowering tents
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They're pumping out the stink now with lots of fruity, fuely and grassy notes especially when disturbed. Speaking of which here's a couple of Cannabiogen Durban's that seem to have auto traits in them and if you look real close at the boy you can see a few white hairs forming which is likely due to me picking off all his larger balls before they opened. The auto durban idea lasted a good few days but he's dead to me now and if the girl can't handle being under 18/6 she's going to die too...
picture.php

picture.php

seeded

2x Double Thai (week 5 and still stretching like a mofo), 2x Malawi and the first of many Malawi x (Thai x Blueberry) pics to come

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Those sad looking leaves make me wish I kept the lights a little higher and their waterings a little lower.

G

You should get bored more often :biggrin:Love the vids,the girls are looking sublime:)That slow Zam could be scary stuff ,I'd love to find a quick one on my next run,though.

cravin morehead

Veteran
damn! where have I been? can't believe I've been missing this. mind if I jump in back and ride along? beautiful work brother!

cm

Lammy

It looks like a jungle in there. It's a shame about the Durban.

The difference between the 2 zams is crazy.

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Wow, serious foliage, jungle is the word. Those Zams look great; I like to see the opposite ends of the spectrum, very nice

seeded

Thanks for the kind words guys but since hps pics are awful and make the plants look deathly ill here's some better ones of the fastest zamaldelica and the rest are the three Malawi x (Thai x Blueberry) girls with a macro from the chunkiest one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php