What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seeded gets aced

seeded

I'm now 14 days into flowering and have nothing to report other than some pH issues, removing a few males and transplanting a bunch of plants so on with the pics.

PCK up back, Durban in middle, Erdpurt at front
picture.php

This side of the flowering tent is mostly Double Thai and Zamaldelica
picture.php

This side is the Malawi and Malawi hybrids
picture.php

Zamaldelica #10 grew faster than the rest and is now starting to spit flowers while the rest are still stretching.
picture.php

Last up is a quick video clip of the flowering tent which I'm thinking I'll make a regular part of my updates from now on.
https://vid.me/Mtjv

seeded

Zamaldelica #6. I feel bad for waking her up for some pics but I'm bored and I like how hairy her stems are. She was looking the same in vege too but now it's a couple of weeks since the flip she's starting to get serious about it :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Hi bro!She's a beauty!
My outdoor experiments last year never had any problem with light stress,even GT.I'm not risking that with my indoor ladies though.

seeded

Hi bro!She's a beauty!
My outdoor experiments last year never had any problem with light stress,even GT.I'm not risking that with my indoor ladies though.

Thanks mate and I'm usually really good about letting the girls get their beauty sleep but today was a 30 second exception for that one plant because of how bored I was while playing with the camera. Turns out about the only thing I like taking pics of is cannabis :canabis:

I'll be better about things in the future though because the last thing I want is for them to get stressed and breed uncontrollably,

G

Yeah,isn't photoperiod a bummer?I have "panic attacks"in the middle of the night that something is wrong or something and I can't go check haha...I have to take pics almost every day to look at when they're asleep :biggrin:
A couple of girls did the trick last time...And got quite some seeds with unknown donour...I have a feeling that low light levels under the canopy are a big factor,one more reason for lollipopping.At least that's where I get early nanners whenever I had them.
Btw,those nanners were from fem plants pollinating fem plants,I believe the offspring should be fem ,too.I'll check them this summer.

G

Hey, I'm not sure, the plants weren't real hermies, just some stress induced nanners. If the weed is good,I can live with that:)
Seeded,what do you think? You're Seeded after all!:biggrin:

seeded

I think all plants are hermies, well at least have the potential to be when pushed, and that the easier the parents stress out the easier the offspring will too so unless you abused the hell out of them I wouldn't risk it.

G

Nice approach!I'll test the ones from Zamal Hash outdoors because it is one of my best smokes ever and ace didn't reproduce it...But yes,not very confident of running them indoors before checking,no sir!Thanks!
Have you grown Double Thai before?If so,how did you like the smoke?The GTs I have grown were not devastatingly potent(like malawi) but very energetic and clear.
You got a very big collection now from full indica to full sativa,nice!

seeded

Nice approach!I'll test the ones from Zamal Hash outdoors because it is one of my best smokes ever and ace didn't reproduce it...But yes,not very confident of running them indoors before checking,no sir!Thanks!
Have you grown Double Thai before?If so,how did you like the smoke?The GTs I have grown were not devastatingly potent(like malawi) but very energetic and clear.
You got a very big collection now from full indica to full sativa,nice!
I haven't grown any of them before. Well I've grown the Malawi but my old keeper died so I had to start some F2s I made as the garden always needs some Malawi growing now that I've tried it.

To be honest I only started the indicas so I could get rid of them. My circumstances changed and I was theoretically able to squeeze them in with the double thai and zamaldelica as my numbers were low enough to handle them. Obviously I'll keep anything amazing I find but realistically I'm about to drown in some awesome sativas that take 2-3x as long to flower and I much prefer getting high over getting stoned so I wouldn't even give getting rid of the indicas a second thought when the time came anyway.

It doesn't surprise me that your zamal hash and golden tiger were awesome. I can see why you'd be interested in growing their offspring and if you do I hope you put pics up.

seeded

It's now week 3 of flowering and the plants are stretching like mental as I gave them their first full strength feed the other day. I've had to raise the lights and only managed to tie half the plants down before my fingers gave out so some of the plants are some are looking a bit sooky about being woken up for pics, force fed, tied down, getting burned, ph issues, etc. but all in all it's going pretty well in the flowering tent and the seedlings/parents are all doing great too :biggrin:

Vege tent after topping everything
picture.php

Flowering tent and a Zamaldelica bud
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

I had to train the girls so I took a few pics. First 3 are Double Thais and the last two are Malawi x (Thai x Blueberry).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

They' re looking super !Great pics!That malawi cross looks fast.

The thai x blueberry was absolutely dominated by the blueberry which was mostly indica though the high from the one I kept was mostly sativa. It tasted like sour/fuel blueberries at first though as it cured it dropped the sourness for earthiness which hid most of the berry goodness but it was still fairly fruity all the same. Where it really lacked and shone though was it's high. It was pathetically weak but it took forever to build a tolerance to it and it always crept a smile on to my face and made time fly by making things almost child like interesting. Sadly it's ceiling was just too low to fully get there so with it having a severe lack of raw power and me just wrapping up my first malawi run I quickly put two and two together and made about 1500 seeds :biggrin:

I'm pretty keen to try it as it's the first real breeding work I've done. Everything else has just been about preservation and throwing a mum in because why not? Making that hybrid was about improving on the mother though so while I'm a bit gutted about only getting a few females from the ten seeds I planted I'm on the edge of my seat with excitement over the survivors :woohoo:

G

Sounds very interesting!:)There will be nice combinations,hope you find at least one now.Looks like you'll be testing her sooner than the rest...I can only imagine the excitement of watching and smoking your own x's!:watchplant:

seeded

Thanks Syd. I've grown a few of my own seeds out in the past and they've always had a special feel to them while growing though if I'm honest in the end most haven't lived up to the parents. That's what actually lead to be interested in landraces and in particular strong sativas which inevitably resulted in Malawi being the first lot of seeds I'd purchased in around a decade. Seriously how's a person meant to resist the very first line of Ace's description?

After years of hard work and intense selections with sativas from all around the world, we can confirm that Malawi is the most powerful and psychedelic landrace sativa we know of.

Although they're going to be great I can't imagine I'll find a truly special plant in any of the hybrids I've made for some time as I won't be able to run the numbers to find them and worse yet I won't have the room to keep them even if one pops up. All the same I'm going to grow them out once a year to get a feel for the middle ground of the genetics so once I'm done with the replication phase and start playing a game of replace the mum with my favourite landraces I'll immediately know the direction I'd like to move forward in with my own work which will be worth the pain of killing off all the good plants I find along the way.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Although they're going to be great I can't imagine I'll find a truly special plant in any of the hybrids I've made for some time as I won't be able to run the numbers to find them and worse yet I won't have the room to keep them even if one pops up.

the nice thing about making crosses with stable landraces is that the f1's are much more stable than so called poly hybrids.

I had really good luck with Bangi Haze X PCK. The result was everybit as strong as my best Bani and twice as tasty.

picture.php

seeded

the nice thing about making crosses with stable landraces is that the f1's are much more stable than so called poly hybrids.

I had really good luck with Bangi Haze X PCK. The result was everybit as strong as my best Bani and twice as tasty.

View Image

That's a very pretty bangi haze x pck you made and I with it coming from Ace stock I would expect that it's a great smoke too. The uniformity is pretty standard in the F1 generation but with parents from the opposite ends of the spectrum like that the F2s can be all over the place. That's great though because it means we can think of the F1s as the middle ground where everything is mostly just a slightly different version of the standard plant the lines want to produce and the F2s where personalization begins. It's still a numbers game in the F1s for something special but you can tell if the line is going to be good with just a handful of plants because it's averaged out which is how I'm going to initially test my work. Some aren't going to be too impressive but the ones like your bangi haze x pck where it's consistently every bit as potent and twice as tasty will later get opened up and the pheno hunted to begin working the line towards stabilizing the traits I like most.

God it's going to kill me only being able to grow 5-6 test strains a year when I'm making dozens that I want to run. I'd say I need a farm or somewhere bigger to grow but the more space I'd have to grow on the more I'd just make things worse for myself :laughing:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
God it's going to kill me only being able to grow 5-6 test strains a year when I'm making dozens that I want to run. I'd say I need a farm or somewhere bigger to grow but the more space I'd have to grow on the more I'd just make things worse for myself :laughing:

I hear you. But these days my stash lasts a long time - too long to grow as often as I'd like. As for the farm... I still miss it even if I'm too old for Jungle work any more.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts