What's new

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

slowandeasy

Veteran
FWIW, my GL80 is a PITA! Leaks way too much! So I emailed the place where I bought it from. They suggested the GL80 over the DR80, when I bought it. So I told them my problem, and they set up both the GL80 and the DR80. Dude said he is very sorry he suggested the GL80! He said the DR80 was dark as hell when he zipped up in it. The GL80 he could see the his feet and it lit up the whole tent! Now I am getting a DR80 to replace the Growlab.

Take my advice, get the Secret Jardin instead! Growlab has too much velcro, light leaks everywhere velcro is on my tent. Zippers leak light, flaps leak light, roof seams leak light! Not happy!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I love my DR80 the zipper I can see light only at the bottom and I have to look at it at an angle but you don't see shit inside zipped up. I'm gonna ask my buddy about his GL cuz he's got a big one with 2 1K's in it and I think it has windows on the big models too?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Yeah the larger models have those viewing windows. They suck, if I wanna look at them...why not just open the tent? Velcro = light leaks

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
word I have no problem unzipping my tent at first I was kinda jealous of the windows but now I'm not at all!

M

milehighmedical

I finally joined the club. I picked up a DR150 and put a 6" magnum xxxl in w/ a 1k lumatek. I liked the setup so much I went back the next day and got a DR120 for veg and put a 600w in there. I'll probably get a second DR150 and run the 1k lumatek on a flip.

There's definitely a couple light proofing issues. And no one's hanging their weight from it. But all in all it beats many DIY setups I've built for the price. This is a great low impact grow room solution in a rental situation.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I finally joined the club. I picked up a DR150 and put a 6" magnum xxxl in w/ a 1k lumatek. I liked the setup so much I went back the next day and got a DR120 for veg and put a 600w in there. I'll probably get a second DR150 and run the 1k lumatek on a flip.

There's definitely a couple light proofing issues. And no one's hanging their weight from it. But all in all it beats many DIY setups I've built for the price. This is a great low impact grow room solution in a rental situation.

Well said bro! Cuz I'm a renter and couldn't nail 2x4s to the corners ect

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
hello crew i'm growing in a 120 DR secret jardin, with cooltubed 600w hps. lots of different strains mostly in 100% coco coir, couple a plants in biobizz all-mix soil.

my problem was, the tent is in our bedroom right next to the bed so the inline fan is too noisy to be run at night when the lights are off. i was having humidity of 60-70% at night so i made this silent little sideventilation to be run at night.

it's basicly a homemade scrubber with couple of computer fans pulling the air through. keeps the air flowing and lowered my nightime humidity to 35-40% immediately. it also keeps them odor in control, i'm gonna have a biozone to be run at night with the little scrubber just to keep it safe.

M

milehighmedical

Well said bro! Cuz I'm a renter and couldn't nail 2x4s to the corners ect

I have, and I've fixed the damage. But the time and money that goes into that perpetual cycle of "Oh shit! What else do I have to fix before the landlord drops by?!" is quite stressful and just not worth it.

My last tent was a 4x8 made out of 2x4's and poly. It didn't do any damage, but it's a pain to break down. Everything together is very heavy and hard to transport, store or dispose of.

I am having a heat issue though. When I had just my 1k running in my other tent I didn't have to run the A/C to keep the temps in the high 70s to low 80s. But now I have to? Originally I only had to turn it on with I flipped on the second light.

Armor King

FWIW, my GL80 is a PITA! Leaks way too much! So I emailed the place where I bought it from. They suggested the GL80 over the DR80, when I bought it. So I told them my problem, and they set up both the GL80 and the DR80. Dude said he is very sorry he suggested the GL80! He said the DR80 was dark as hell when he zipped up in it. The GL80 he could see the his feet and it lit up the whole tent! Now I am getting a DR80 to replace the Growlab.

Take my advice, get the Secret Jardin instead! Growlab has too much velcro, light leaks everywhere velcro is on my tent. Zippers leak light, flaps leak light, roof seams leak light! Not happy!

i bought a gl80 and have no issues/pinholes with mine. sounds lik u got a dud!

M

milehighmedical

Most people have pinholes, its really common. With either tent. Just gotta run some gorilla tape over the seam. There's no guarantee for any tent to be light proof. For every person that swears on their tent, there's a dozen that have light leaks.

Grow4Flow

Ill Join in.......

here is a shot of the DR240 Wide
DR240w2.jpg

Here is a shot of the inside
insidetheDR240w.jpg

I have 18 plants of 4 different strains and 2x600w w/ digital ballasts and C02

M

milehighmedical

How do you like your 240 wide? I want to get one soon, but I've heard the same materials for the bigger size results in a weaker tent.

Also, I noticed you run co2. How do you have that setup with your tent? I had mine hooked up to a panel that would turn off my co2 when the fan went on to drop the temp. And when the temp is low enough the exhaust turns off and co2 turns on. I'm just not sure how effective it was.

Grow4Flow

How do you like your 240 wide? I want to get one soon, but I've heard the same materials for the bigger size results in a weaker tent.

Also, I noticed you run co2. How do you have that setup with your tent? I had mine hooked up to a panel that would turn off my co2 when the fan went on to drop the temp. And when the temp is low enough the exhaust turns off and co2 turns on. I'm just not sure how effective it was.

I love the 240. I actually started small with the DR60 and doing aero by just building the sprayer manifold out of some PVC for a 2x2 tray and did really well. After seeing that, I thought I could triple my yield by going to the DR120 and I did with a 3x3 tray. I had the same thought process going into the DR240 but I can say I won't be going any larger as I am comfortable with this setup.

At the time of the pics, I was still building my new system so I decided to have something going while I was waiting for parts and found a bomb ass deal on a 48 pot greentree bucket system for $300 for everything plus a 1/4 chiller (which I still haven't used til this day), I did almost a 1/4 lb per plant but I let them veg way too long and ended up having to make the plants grow downward.

As for the C02, I have a long stretch of air hose( the kind you use for your airstones) zip tied to the frame of the roof, and the C02 is connected to a Repeat cycle timer with photocell so C02 is released only during lights on for 5 mins every hour. i'm using a somewhat enclosed system so the air that cools my lights never come into the grow area. The lights are vented from the outside, goes thru the reflectors and into the attic. I do have a 4" CanFan the cycles the air inside the tent every hour for 5 mins and turns off shortly before the next C02 injection. Dont ask me what the C02 PPM is cause I don't know, I don't have a meter.

A bigger tent being weaker? whoever told you that doesn't have one or else they would know that although twice the size of the DR120(3'11" x 3'11"), the DR240W also has twice as many framing posts and it works the same the larger you go. If you have the space to have one of these, i'd say go get it, you won't regret it.

Maybe i'll have a good deal going soon as I will be breaking it all down and stopping soon since everyone and their mama is doing this now which has almost eliminated the demand, Patients find other deals thru street vendors and dispensaries are buying from many nowadays, I may go back to the DR60 for personal stash. There is almost no more Flow to Grow4.

slowandeasy

Veteran
i bought a gl80 and have no issues/pinholes with mine. sounds lik u got a dud!

Yeah I think I got a bad tent. It leaks light from tons of spots. Guerilla glue tape is a temp fix at best. The tape cannot withstand the constant opening and closing of the tent. Those viewing windows leak light like mad, so I taped them shut. Watch all of the stupid flaps too, cause if you do not have them perfect, they leak light. The zippers glow, some of the seams leak, and everywhere there is vecro, it will have holes. If you have a Growlab, the room it is in better be dark.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so for X Mas I got myself a new setup for my moms and vegging!!! Oh yea buddy and I'm FUCKING STOKED!!! No more small lil moms for me!! I can also make my HID grow perpetual now as well!! Alright so far I've only been able to upload pics of my new tent from the other day and that's when I had just the one 4ft T5 but I now have a fan in there and another 4ft T5......... So the lights are
1 4ft 54w 6500K Sunblaze Strip
1 4ft 54w 6400K Hydrofarm Jump Start Grow Light with reflector
I REALLY like the Jump Start light cuz of the reflector it's just PERFECT for my tent cuz the tent was designed for a 4 bulb T5 system but enough talk about it and on with the pics!!!

HID_Grow_2009_002.jpg

HID_Grow_2009_003.jpg

HID_Grow_2009_004.jpg

HID_Grow_2009_005.jpg

HID_Grow_2009_006.jpg

HID_Grow_2009_008.jpg

HID_Grow_2009_010.jpg

Not too bad for half the price of what GrowLab wants for the CloneLab tent they have which is about the same size as this and the quality of the material they used for this is just as nice as my DR80 so I'm super happy I went with this. I will say the thing I don't like is all the velcro flaps for the intake and exhaust ports and no drawstring but not that big a deal since I just veg in it. I have a 6" clip fan moving air around and keep the long rectangular vent on the bottom open and it's fine in there temp and humidity wise but I'll get a exhaust for it eventually...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Wow nobody around the tent club today huh? Well I highly suggest this tent for those with only a tent to flower and veg in. Also this fucker would be PERFECT for a all T5 grow which I might fuck around with when I have extra money to play with. Like have 4 bulb 4ft sytems on top and both sides making a cube or rectangle of lumens! Cuz I saw some nice T5 grows last year and think you could have some bomb ass 2-3ft plants and manipulate the spectrum to how you choose....