What's new

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

Nice tent, but you need a LOT more light, and off the ceiling! I keep my T5's 1-2" off the canopy.

Which model is that, and what are the dimensions? I'm guessing it's more than 24" deep? :(

nm, I just saw the link, fuuuuuuu where was this a few months ago!?

Nice score!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I know Bork I have my other T5 a few inches above the tops of my moms I just don't have a way to hang the other one so it's chillen on the rack like it is in the pic... Nice score for sure I was so stoked when I found it and the way I did was kinda shady on HTG Supply but they got me a dope ass tent! I found it searching for the GL CloneLab on ebay and I noticed that all the Growbrite tents they are selling have different shit like Secret bla bla Tent Hut ect using other company names in the title to get you to look hahaha worked on me! Saved me some money too!

Darth Fader

Looking for recommendations guys -

What is a decent fan/filter setup for the following:
DR100L (39"x39")/400w CMH/Sun System I0 400w HPS ballast/Super Sun II reflector

It WILL get hot in this apt in the summer.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well Darth my 4in 177cfm Vortex takes care of my DR80 just fine and I also have a Cool Breeze fan on the floor next to the vents to bring in fresh air from below... I say get the vortex and a few 6in clip fans for the corners and you'll be just fine!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I would not risk going with a 4" fan if you can avoid it. A lot of people would say 6" is over-kill, but I would disagree. You can put it on a fan controller and really cut down the volume as well. Because they are loud, such as any in line fan is. And then if it gets really out of control hot, instead of your plants being in dangerously high temperatures, you can easily crank it all the way up and get some serious air moving to save them.

Not to mention, if you ever want to upgrade to a 600 watter you already have a fan that can handle the heat.

Very good point

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
DR80 full of bud!

DR80 full of bud!

Here's the DR80 that started this club full of cola's!!! Can't wait to harvest in about 2 weeks!

picture.php

picture.php

StinkyPanda

I'm new here and I completed my first grow using a Homebox XS with 4 Blue Ryders. I'm going to be buying the Secret Jardin DR100L in a few days. I'm going to run it with 400w MH/HPS and I'll be growing autoflowers due to time constraints.

I'm not sure if this setup would work, but I was planning on using my 6" 435cfm fan to cool my 4" reflector using the 2 ports provided for reflector cooling. Then I would suck the air from outside straight across the reflector via ducting and out the other reflector cooling port. Hope this makes sense thus far.

Then for odor control, I would use a 4" 171cfm fan for exhaust and run ducting to the carbon filter hanging inside the tent. And I was hoping that I could run this on a timer. So 5 mins on, 15 off for example.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions. Thanks.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I'm new here and I completed my first grow using a Homebox XS with 4 Blue Ryders. I'm going to be buying the Secret Jardin DR100L in a few days. I'm going to run it with 400w MH/HPS and I'll be growing autoflowers due to time constraints.

I'm not sure if this setup would work, but I was planning on using my 6" 435cfm fan to cool my 4" reflector using the 2 ports provided for reflector cooling. Then I would suck the air from outside straight across the reflector via ducting and out the other reflector cooling port. Hope this makes sense thus far.

Then for odor control, I would use a 4" 171cfm fan for exhaust and run ducting to the carbon filter hanging inside the tent. And I was hoping that I could run this on a timer. So 5 mins on, 15 off for example.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions. Thanks.

For full odor removal you must run fan 24/7. If you stop and start, you will get smell issues. Just get a speed control, and dial it to your needs.

StinkyPanda

Thanks for the replies. When the autos start to flower, I'll just run the 4" 171cfm fan hooked up to the 4" carbon filter 24/7. For the short veg stage, I'll use the 4" fan with my organic air charcoal scrubber. By the way, since my grow isn't entirely closed and I'm most likely going to use the passive intake flaps, the charcoal scrubber is pretty much useless right?

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
:wave:Hi guys I just found this thread.

I have a a 4x8 darkroom(240w?) with 2 1000w hps in Hydrofarm Radiant 8 hoods. I also have a 5x5 darkroom(150?). in the 5x5 I have a Magnum xxxl with another 1000w.

I love these tents. Hold in smell, block infrared, veg/flowr in same room. etc..

I'll post some pics of my setup soon I have some straight up trees in the 5x5 right now!:dance013:

hey guys. looking for some advice here......

i finally have room for a dr120. 600 or 1000w? what would i need to keep the room cool enough if i choose to go with the 1000w?

if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
hey grizzly i think you might need a cooltube to keep the temps in control, in DR 120.

i run my DR 120 with cooltubed 600w, i know i could get a little better yields with lets say adjust-a-wing but i'm used to the tube and it's very efficient when it comes to ventilation.

active carbonfilter hanging from the roof->in-line fan-> cooltube -> out of the tent. this is how i've set it up.

Nice tent grows! :yes: secret jardins are awesome:smokeit:

Been using the DR80 + 400w combo for my latets grow, plenty of light. 5 semi big plants.
trying to figure out how i should go about my next grow

28w07sy.jpg

2u3zl2x.jpg

520y2e.jpg

2mmwpbd.jpg

5ogjk8.jpg

Thanks Bork

Laventille - my vent setup is actually very 'ghetto'. two bathroom vents, regulated by a dimmer switch, joined toghether to blow out air :)

i'll snap some pics when i get the tent up and running again..... hopefully soon ;)
take care