What's new

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yes sir! Tent Growers Unite!!! So I'm on day 34 in my DR80, after looking at a Grow Lab at the shop the other day when I upgrade and go bigger I'm getting a GL120 with 2 600's....
Anyway here's some Secret Jardin DR80 Grow photos...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree:
COMING SOON!!!! 3 weeks to go!!! :eggnog:

H

headfortrinity

Damn Thund! your buds are exploding with growth! I can't wait to get my tent looking like that.

Darth Fader

I'm in! Just ordered DR100 (39"x39"x6') today. Think I'm going to go w/ an LED panel & CFL's. (6) 5-gal buckets done "earth box" style w/ perlite.

Anyone know a good place to get the adjustable hangers & exhaust fans?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm pretty stoked about what I just found yesterday! I saw the Growlab has a Clonelab tent but it costs more than my DR80 and it's smaller!!! So I got to looking around and found one over at HTG Supply on ebay for $130 plus shipping check it out this shit is pretty much the same size as the Clonelab...

Mother_Keeper_GALLERY.jpg

I'm getting one for Xmas and I will eventually get another one to do a DrBud style grow in under T5's but for my Moms and veg I'm getting this compact T5 setup
a499_1_sbl.JPG

I figure it would cost more getting 2 4ft T5 strips and give the same amount of light...

Mist

When you guys keep saying "light leaks" are you talking about being able to see little specks of light from the outside when the lights are on or being able to see light while you are inside the tent with it being zipped up and the lights off?
This was discussed earlier in this tread and several people found out that their tent that they thought leaked light was actually like the abys when they got inside and zipped it closed. Try that and then you will know if you have "light leaks", and if you do they just go to a sporting goods store and get a large tent patch and cut it into little squares and cover where there is light leaking through.
I think that you will find that you can't see your hand and inch from your face in there even after 10 minutes when you eyes have adjusted.

slowandeasy

Veteran
When you guys keep saying "light leaks" are you talking about being able to see little specks of light from the outside when the lights are on or being able to see light while you are inside the tent with it being zipped up and the lights off?
This was discussed earlier in this tread and several people found out that their tent that they thought leaked light was actually like the abys when they got inside and zipped it closed. Try that and then you will know if you have "light leaks", and if you do they just go to a sporting goods store and get a large tent patch and cut it into little squares and cover where there is light leaking through.
I think that you will find that you can't see your hand and inch from your face in there even after 10 minutes when you eyes have adjusted.

Of course the light coming out is much stronger, but if the ambient light is strong enough it will get in. These tent companies claim to be lightproof, if that were the case they would not glow. There are tons of pinholes on my tent, obvious to bare site. Everywhere there is velco, light gets out.

I did get inside and luckily my tent is in a mostly dark spot. I did not see light getting in. But if you had a light on in the room, it would not work at all. The room the tent is in must be very dark, or light will get in. It would not be hard for the tent companies to actually fix the holes before they get shipped. Either that or stop claiming to be lightproof.

Mist

Well mine doesn't leak any light so I guess I am lucky. There are like 3 pin pricks in the entire tent that can be seen if you look real hard when the tent is closed and the lights are on inside of it.
And I don't understand what you mean by "Glow"? Does your glow when the light is on inside of it?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Mine has tons of pinholes that you can see with the lights on. Also the GL80 has these stupid clear viewing windows, they have velcro on the sides and the whole velcro strip lets light out. Some of the seams did too. Now my tent is covered in foil tape to block light.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Wow!!! I'm glad I went with Secret Jardin!!! When I get in my tent with it zipped up it's so damn dark I can't see my hand in front of my face either!! The only light that leaks outta my tent is from the vents on the bottom and that's cuz I keep them open! My tent is also in a corner in a way that no light come through them though...

one Q

Quality
Veteran
by thundurkle
The only light that leaks outta my tent is from the vents on the bottom and that's cuz I keep them open! My tent is also in a corner in a way that no light come through them though...

care to explain how you did this because this could be very good info for some ppl having trouble with the windows at the bottom of the tent. The intake circle vents are easy to filter light from getting in and out but not the windows.

Mist

I also have one vent on the end of my tent that stays open. The tent is about a foot from the wall there and I have the space paritally blocked with boxes. I have zipped myself inside the tent and there is no light visible through the vent so it stays open. My smaller vegg tent stays open almost all the time, but it is in another part of the room so no light spills over to the the area where the vent is open.
I keep the flowering tent open during the day anyhow for more airflow. My tents are primarily for spill protection and being able to have vegging and flowering going on in the same room. Their primary mission is not stealth. The room they are in is not used for anything else and it is just me and the wife here.

Happy Growing.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Tent shots in corner

Tent shots in corner

Ok so here is how my tent is setup and all the vents on the bottom are open...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hope that helps explain, and yes my room is a mess thank you I already know and don't need it pointed out hahaha

Mist

Here is a shot of the dead space at the end of my tent where I keep my vent open.

And this is what a tent looks like with 4ft. plants in it, LOL>

And the actual plants are 4ft. , not 4ft. from the floor. Gonna be a wild one.

Happy Growing.

I

icon

just a little sneak peek 6 1/2weeks in bloom in my DR100L now
mandala#1,blueberry f2's,lapis mnt indica & aurora indica
picture.php

MR_Falcon

Veteran
very cool thread. i have botha a dr80 w a 400w and a hydrohut silver 3x3 w/ a 600 w setup for flowering and thare r aspects of both i like and dislike but i will say im gonna stick w/ secert jardin brand for my future tents. tent growing really helps me keep the enviorment controlled. its always a battle of airflow/humidity/temp in my veg closet.
icon- u got a tent full of killa lookin stuff man.:canabis: