What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

opt1c

Veteran
You are supposed to run Co2 @ night, that is when the plants use it!!!

sorry but i think you have it backwards; plants don't use co2 at night as there is no photosynthesis occurring; co2 is the limiting factor in photosynthesis hence the upping of co2 in grow rooms to overcome this limitation... at night plants use oxygen to make atp not co2

co2 controllers have photocell switches for this very reason

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yeah from what i have been reading up on light hours are the general deal.

bit hard for me to do however since my cooltube is connected to the light, so any co2 will be sucked right out. cant leave a 1000w running without a fan..

might give it a go in my next tent. and be sure to buy one with more ducting.

8.5x4.2 ft tent is on order with 3 600w digis

well you should be able to shut the fan off with co2 for a minute or two since with the co2 the plants can withstand temps of 95-98

sednal

little update

little update

Just did the weigh before mine go into the jars. Pheno #1 ended up with 66.6 grams, pheno #2 had 57.8 grams, pheno #3 had 71.9 grams, and pheno 4 had 56.6 grams. There was another 16.7 grams in popcorn buds from all 3 of the plants, pheno #3 had no popcorns at all! just huge thick nugs. Bringing the total weight from the 4 plants at 269.6 grams, or a little over 9 and a half ounces. Not to bad for a 27 day veg and 60 day flower. Even had a few problems with neuting.Heres a few pics.

Attachments

• PB290130.jpg
    PB290130.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PB290138.jpg
    PB290138.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PB290132.jpg
    PB290132.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
  • PB290135.jpg
    PB290135.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 15

sednal

Heres some clones and mother veggin. And a root shot from the mother for Thur!

Attachments

• PB290145.jpg
    PB290145.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11
  • PB290140.jpg
    PB290140.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 10
  • PB290141.jpg
    PB290141.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PB290142.jpg
    PB290142.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 15

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ahhhhh yeeeeaaaa isn't it nice seeing all them roots shooting through the bottom like that instead of circling!!!!

Technique

well you should be able to shut the fan off with co2 for a minute or two since with the co2 the plants can withstand temps of 95-98

Yer sweet, i've bought some of them little tablets for now, will wait and see how they go. wont bother with a complete bottles system untill i buy another tent, i've hacked this one up a bit so i can run in all my water lines for the rdwc, it will become my veg tent maybe or i will pack it away and never use again.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Can I join? Just bought a GrowLab GL80! Will have a 400 watt hps and scrubber inside. Fan on the outside. Do not have an aircooled hood, do you think temps will be an issue? Ambient temps are 65-68. I think it should be fine, but guess will only know once set up. As long as there is enough intake, it should be fine. Cant wait, should be here by Friday!! Take care.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
yes you can join hahah and you should be fine just get a clip fan and have it aimed at the light at all times and have good exhaust...

indicameds

Well I had some security issues today with the property owner and the police. Nothing major but enough to make me tear down all the shit I had goin. Now I got to make this..

A gl60 fit into a mills pride c-13..

That way I can keep everything self contained when the much expected inspections take place until I get out of here. Thats why i hate apartments. But ive never had problems until now. Landlord showed up un invited without the legal 24hour notice so I refused him entry. Then he got the cops involved. Once I knew he was calling the cops. I broke everything i could down and stuffed the rest into the attic. And then politely let the cops in and talk to them about it. They were on my side, I told em me and my old lady were goin at it butt naked and he just tried to barge it. So they explained the renters laws in our state and then I let him do a walk through. I dont think any of it had anything to do with the grows. Just a nosy landlord tryin to throw his weight around. But with it all in the cab i can lock it up and he cant touch it. But ill be lookin for new residence in the morning. And until then the changes wont hurt me, Ill still be able to run my head stash grows since the millspride cab is only 4 inch smaller depth wise than the tent im goin to put in it. So ill have to cut some of the poles down and run my carbon filter for sure. But ill get by..

Hey guys nice thread. Just read entire thing. I also have a DR120. I'm currently growing 4 Purple Wreck & 3 BOG's LSD. The LSD's are f2's tho. Right now there vegging under my 400w MH, with a 6" Valueline fan (no filter), with temps staying in the 78-82 deg lights on, & 74-76 lights off. I will be flipping the lights hopefully 2nd wk of December. My financial advisor (wife) has given me the green light to purchase a GL60. I am really glad about this since I have been vegging in a 20 gallon tote when my tent is in full blown flower mode.

I don't have a working camera other than my phone, which has crappy pics, but I will be putting up some when I get my new tent. I order it this weekend, so possibly next week. Will give more detail when asked or when pics go up.

PEACE

M

Mr-B

Yeah from what i have been reading up on light hours are the general deal.

bit hard for me to do however since my cooltube is connected to the light, so any co2 will be sucked right out. cant leave a 1000w running without a fan..

might give it a go in my next tent. and be sure to buy one with more ducting.

8.5x4.2 ft tent is on order with 3 600w digis

I will take a pic of my setup tonight and post it so you can see how I ran my duct. The great thing about a controller is the ability to use one fan or another when Co2 is being pumped into your grow.
If heats a problem then you need a small AC unit, thats it.

indicameds

yall got nerve, id never grow in a landspace I don't own myself.

I know it. I hate it more than anything. Especially since I just made parole in feb of 08 from behind the fence. But with all the shit I got to pay to stay out and with all living expenses, rental was all I could do so far and I refuse to smoke or let my friends smoke brick weed. I know I should just hold of until the house comes through. But I got a hard head, and if I have to take another one for the cause out here on the east coast so be it. Weed is a choice not a right. And I got the right to make the choice. But with all luck right after the new years ill be back in a house.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
yall got nerve, id never grow in a landspace I don't own myself.

Hahahaha I'm a renter too!! My landlord is a Indian race of some kind from over seas and he's a cheap ass when it comes to fixing things which keeps him outta my apt! Even lets me pay rent in halves hahaha

kaskar

indicameds shut the shit down get everything out why was he there in the first place who pays the electric im close walk to the track be careful not stupid

indicameds

Whats up kaskar? Nice to see another local around here. I was starting to think every one was from cali. I appreciate the input and worry man. I pay the electric not the landlord. Plus at the time I was only running a 400. I got a 250 I was gonna run intil I get outta here. So thats not moy worry.

And He didnt have a reason to stop by, he just wanted to do an enspection since it had been awhile. But he always give me 24 hours notice and didnt this time. He just showed up and was pisses when I told him he had to come back in 24 hours. Maintenance comes in about once a month but its always down stairs of the town house just to replace the furnace filters.

Ive been at this spot for over a year. And its chill for the most part. But I found a new spot, But its gonna have to wait until after the holidays. Since the new year is so close ill probably keep shit shut down until then.

OPT

Nice Ottoman, is that 2 (400 watters) in there?

What strains you got going? Looking like they are getting to the plump point.

OPT