What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

Technique

What the hell, the reflective material came off from water sitting on the floor?
Whatever brand of tent that is, it isn't made very well or of good material. I have spilled plenty of water on the floor of my tent while doing inbetween grow cleaning. And I mean that I get in there with a hose and spray out each ebb&gro plant site with a hose and spray gun connected to a sink. I always just take a towel and sop up any puddles and let the rest air dry. It is one of the things I love about having a tent. The floor can be mopped to keep it clean without any damage.
I would look into something of a better caliber tent and you won't have that problem. Don't mean to be bashing your tent, but there is much better out there for a low price.

Well it was up to almost the top of the removable layer. and sat there for a day or so.. it hasnt removed it from everywhere. but it is peeling off in some small places. this is the silver reflective "mylar" job..

aren't most tents made in china? isnt everything made in china?

no point buying another tent. haha the flood wont happen again.

Mist

no point buying another tent. haha the flood wont happen again.

LOL, famous last word in hydroponic gardening. I said that years ago when when a float valve (non-electric) stuck open and flooded my grow area and ran down into my master bathroom below. So I got rid of the float valves and only filled the controller buckets by hand using a pump and poly hose from the resovior. Then one day I was topping everything off and the kid came running in screaming because he had cut his hand bad. So I left the hose in the controller and ran downstairs to help him.
There went another 25 gallons of nutrient down into my bathroom below. After that I only used a 1gal. pitcher to fill the controller buckets, LOL!

So don't say it won't happen again. Just be well prepared for when it does happen again.

Happy Growing.

Technique

Co2 and tents.. how?

cool tubes cant be turned off. and only an outlet + odorsock for the tent..

need to make an inlet maybe for the tube so its all sealed??

Mist

Co2 and tents.. how?

cool tubes cant be turned off. and only an outlet + odorsock for the tent..

need to make an inlet maybe for the tube so its all sealed??

I have been wanting to run CO2 in my tent and the only way I can see to do it is this. First of all you will need to have the air cooling for your light/lights on their own system with the air coming in and going out without ever being in contact with the air in the tent. Then you will need a grow room controller that runs a different exhaust system that would have your carbon filter attached because this would be exhausting the actual air inside the tent when it was on. Then it would just be a matter of setting the growroom controller to the proper temp/humidity and your CO2 will only run when it is set to run. You will also need an incoming air source for the tent.
Right now I just can't fit all that stuff in my room so CO2 is off the list right now unless I just use a passive CO2 Boost bucket and a fan. I have run those before and they do make a difference. Contrary to what some CO2 purists say.
I think that for the people with the smaller 2X4 and 3X3 tents a CO2 boost bucket set on the outside with the CO2 emitting air line run into the tent and attached to a small oscillating fan would be quite effective.

Happy Growing.

Technique

Yeah i'm in a small tent,

was going to buy one of them cheap 100 bucks kits with the reg, solenoid and timer.
hook up a bottle and just do it while lights are off, and occasionally while lights are on. perhaps have my cool tube fan off for 5-10 minutes after spraying.. tho 1000w gets mighty warm in there..

i dont think its possible for me to have every system on its own in my tent. since i only have one outlet, and the carbon filter is connected to the cool tube.

i'll look into this boost bucket.. any extra co2 has to be good

Well for obvious reasons, such as restriction. A fan with 6 inch ductwork will have greatly lowered CFM from moving down from a 6 to a 4. 6 to 5 not as bad. Fan/filter will not work to full potential if you reduce too much. Not saying it wont work, just not as well. Also, the smaller ductwork makes more noise.
Yeah, what you said!

I love my tent,

its no the Secret jardin brand however.....

water will slowly leak out the waterproof bottom but it takes time to get thru both layers. water left on the floor also took some of the reflective material off..

Worth pointing out, since this is the SJ thread. Sorry about yer floor :(

the DR80 has 5" openings because it is designed to run 4" ducting and have 250 watts HID max. stuffing it with more watts than that is possible but its really not intended for more than 250 watts. 4" ducting is more than adequate for cooling 250watts but may not be optimal for more than that. :2cents:

I found 4" to be inadequate with my ambient temps, and I'm running 250. Well, to be fair, I'm exhausting two tents now. And it's still basically summer weather here. As soon as our real cold season starts, I'll be golden (for a few months, then I'll have to figure something out).

blaugrana

my set-up

my set-up

hello secret jardin tent lovers

First of all sory for my english!
Ok i am using DR120 with small upgrading hardvere :) and 600 hps in 1st floor, and 4x18w coolwhite"s in undergound!

jacky white , day 60 12/12

white widow day 22 18/6 and jacky white day 15 18/6
picture.php

I hope that 1st floor will soon be ready for next level :D, i thin they need few days to be fully ready for harvest :joint:

peace

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hey everybody so I just found out a week or two ago about the Secret Jardin Dark Room Street versions that are the same as the DR series just have a less reflective silver lining and are fucking half the price!!! I also found a nice little package deal for those of us looking for a secondary tent for moms and vegging. You can get a DR60 Street with everything including fan filter ducting blue and red 250w Econolites and all of it will run you about $300 which isn't too bad my tent by it self was more than half that price...

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Grow-Tents-353/Dark-Room-Grow-Tent-Packages-485/Dark-Room-DR60-Grow-Tent-Package-1208.asp

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here we go!!!! This a lil taste of the update to my air pot thread....

picture.php

Tent shot on day 20 of a Thunder Goo

picture.php

Tent shot on day 20 right when the light went off

picture.php

Tent shot on day 20 right when the light went off and in this pic you see Blue Dream in the bottom right and right above it is my Bubba Chunk and to the left of that is a topped Thunder Goo

They all look just fucking gorgeous don't they?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
blaugrana's lil veg area is pretty cool if you don't have room for another tent nice touch, it's shit like that and the server fan posted a few pages back are the reason's I wanted to make this thread cuz we all do different things in our tents and pretty fucking sweet to see what everybody else is doing.... I can't wait to start pumping CO2 in there since it's all sealed up and shit if I could double my yield it would be possible to get up to 2 pounds under a 400w HPS system which would be bad ass!

OPT

Looks great everyone! I'm in the process of setting up a tent grow in the next month or so! I'll be using a 400 HPS , air cooled, in an organic soiless mix, AK-48 as the target.

I'm looking to buy a 190 cfm fan that comes with a carbon filter, I have a question for how you guys set up your exhaust in these tents.

To hook up my carbon filter, and exhaust the heat away from the lamp, do I run ducting from the fliter, to the fan. Then, from the other side of the fan, into ducting that will go through my reflector and out the tent?

I've been reading, but I still don't have a clear cut picture on how you vent with 1 fan, and a carbon filter. This will be my 7th grow, but my first with adequate ventilation. Before I had an oversized grow room that never got too hot, i just simply left the door open for a couple hours a day, and things still turned out damn good.

Changing over to a grow tent, the temps are sure to be an issue, so the proper ventilation is my biggest concern. At least for now

Thanks guys!

OPT

nnep

Basically you've got things a bit mixed up.

Assuming you have an aircooled hood, that is the first step. You take your ducting, attach it to the hood and run it out through the exhaust port (usually at the top, always at the top if you're using a SJ). Then after you have yoru ducting ran outside of the tent, you hook up your inline fan, or whatever you're using to move the air to the ducting (an inline fan is the best for this, hell it's made for this). Make sure the airflow is going away from the ducting, meaning the air is getting sucked out of the tent/light, then clamp your ducting to your fan. On the other side, attach your filter so all the odors/airflow is being filtered.

That is how it works.

Maybe pictures will help, keep in mind i don't use a filter on my setup, i have no need to worry about odors in my grow. It is essentially the same thing though:

2qbhag7.jpg

Hot air from light gets sucked through the ducting

25qbzwh.jpg

Travels through the ducting to the exhaust port

vnhwzm.jpg

Into the inline fan

10xszea.jpg

out of the inline fan into the room, you could make this vent anywhere you'd like, again depends on your setup

M

Mr-B

I'm running Co2 in my 5 x 5 tent.
I'm using a CCH1 Sentinel controller which controls the temps, Co2 levels and Humidity.

I currently have a 400W for veg but when I switch 12/12 I add a 600W cool tube for 1000W total.
I'm running a 6" Vortex and 36" Phresh filter. my lights are cooled with regular 6" duct fan.

I ran the Co2 line through the cord hole in the back of tent and placed the end right in front of a 6" circular fan. This allows the Co2 to be blown around and keep the level similar through out.

Any extra outlet not being utilized is sealed shut with a zip tie or something similar. The controller will kick the Co2 on about every 10 minutes for less than 20 seconds. This tells me the tent is fairly sealed.

Since I work with welders and stuff my supply of 50lb Co2 bottles is endless. :joint:

M

Mr-B

Yeah i'm in a small tent,

was going to buy one of them cheap 100 bucks kits with the reg, solenoid and timer.
hook up a bottle and just do it while lights are off, and occasionally while lights are on. perhaps have my cool tube fan off for 5-10 minutes after spraying.. tho 1000w gets mighty warm in there..

i dont think its possible for me to have every system on its own in my tent. since i only have one outlet, and the carbon filter is connected to the cool tube.

i'll look into this boost bucket.. any extra co2 has to be good

I don't believe you run the Co2 when lights are off at all.
matter of fact, my controller doesn't work the Co2 unless the lights are on (I believe).

Peace

Mist

Basically you've got things a bit mixed up.

Assuming you have an aircooled hood, that is the first step. You take your ducting, attach it to the hood and run it out through the exhaust port (usually at the top, always at the top if you're using a SJ). Then after you have yoru ducting ran outside of the tent, you hook up your inline fan, or whatever you're using to move the air to the ducting (an inline fan is the best for this, hell it's made for this). Make sure the airflow is going away from the ducting, meaning the air is getting sucked out of the tent/light, then clamp your ducting to your fan. On the other side, attach your filter so all the odors/airflow is being filtered.

That is how it works.

Maybe pictures will help, keep in mind i don't use a filter on my setup, i have no need to worry about odors in my grow. It is essentially the same thing though:

2qbhag7.jpg

Hot air from light gets sucked through the ducting

25qbzwh.jpg

Travels through the ducting to the exhaust port

vnhwzm.jpg

Into the inline fan

10xszea.jpg

out of the inline fan into the room, you could make this vent anywhere you'd like, again depends on your setup

Well not everyone does it like that. If you are just scrubbing the air and not exhausting it to somewhere outside the room that will work fine. If you are wanting to exhaust to somewhere else then it doesn't work to have to carbon filter at the outgoing end of the ducting.
In my tent I have the filter hung with the fan attached and it pushes air through the light hoods and then out of the tent to the hole I have for the air to duct out into a plumbing chase and then to the attic.
I have also learned over the years that without filtering the air before it goes through the air cooled hoods that your glass gets dirty really fast since you are sucking up any and all dust in the room.

Here is my filter setup>

The filter is attached to the fan using a rubber cuppling from home depot that is for joining clay drainage pipe. It makes a nice tight filter to fan attachment and also cuts down on the noise by dampening vibration.

Then it runs through the lights and out of the tent>

To each their own I guess, but the air that comes out the end of the ducting is totally smell free and the heat is moved out of the room which is a big plus.

nnep

Well not everyone does it like that. If you are just scrubbing the air and not exhausting it to somewhere outside the room that will work fine. If you are wanting to exhaust to somewhere else then it doesn't work to have to carbon filter at the outgoing end of the ducting.
In my tent I have the filter hung with the fan attached and it pushes air through the light hoods and then out of the tent to the hole I have for the air to duct out into a plumbing chase and then to the attic.
I have also learned over the years that without filtering the air before it goes through the air cooled hoods that your glass gets dirty really fast since you are sucking up any and all dust in the room.

Here is my filter setup>

The filter is attached to the fan using a rubber cuppling from home depot that is for joining clay drainage pipe. It makes a nice tight filter to fan attachment and also cuts down on the noise by dampening vibration.

Then it runs through the lights and out of the tent>

To each their own I guess, but the air that comes out the end of the ducting is totally smell free and the heat is moved out of the room which is a big plus.

This is a very nice setup, interesting thought about the filter removing dust and dirt, etc. I only run one lamp and the other side port of the hood is right up against the tent so i really don't run into much of that problem. I don't need to worry about smell or heat in the room so i've gone the minimalist route.

Technique

I don't believe you run the Co2 when lights are off at all.
matter of fact, my controller doesn't work the Co2 unless the lights are on (I believe).

Peace

Yeah from what i have been reading up on light hours are the general deal.

bit hard for me to do however since my cooltube is connected to the light, so any co2 will be sucked right out. cant leave a 1000w running without a fan..

might give it a go in my next tent. and be sure to buy one with more ducting.

8.5x4.2 ft tent is on order with 3 600w digis

Latest posts

Latest posts