What's new

Second Santa Cruz medical pot shop on tap

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
fry day???

fry day???

dante420143 said:
WE ARE OPEN ON FRIDAY SO SORRY PLZ BE THERE!

hey dante.. grand opening is this friday? are you sure lol.. i want to leave work early and head down with big C.. it's definitely this friday?

karmical

-VT- said:
I'd be happy to let you hitch a ride with me....PM me if you want a ride and feel comfortable...if you're broke...well I'll cover you on some meds for the trip :D...if not I'm not offended...

Dante I'll give you a jingle before I come down to ascertain you're gonna be there!!!

-VT-

PM me when you're heading down, i'll drive down as well and meet up with yallz in SZ. kinda an impromtu ic mixer:joint:

always looking for an excuse to hit up santa cruz...

mars2112

Veteran
karmical said:
kinda an impromtu ic mixer:joint:

cool.. sounds like several of us will be there..

bumping for dante.. fill us in brother.. still planning to open friday?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill be down that way the weekend of june 30th will the new club be open by then ?? and does Dante have a club in the bay area we could go try ?? maybe mrsB and i could meet a few ppl ?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes what is the addy of the new place as I am out of melt and can I ride with anyone from the Pittsburg , Antioch area ? Wow 95 miles each way... well you have the melt also i'll drive down for that/

SaH

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can we post the addys of dante's clubs. We will be in bay on friday and would love to drive down to the santa cruz club on saturday ... can we post the addy and if anyone wants to meet

mars2112

Veteran
-VT- said:
Map^^^115 Limekiln St

EDIT: For those that are considering riding with me...I'm taking the Highway 1 coast route...lot of nice spots on the coast to medicate

you are taking highway 1 from the east bay?? :confused: how are you getting to 1? are you going across the bay from 92? dude, it will take you forever! (unless that's what you're going for lol) from hayward just take 880 to 17 and get off at river street.. couldn't be easier.. if you do take 92 to 1 please drive safely!

see you guys there!

G

Originally Posted By -VT- :

Lol...yea I WAS...but...I will defer your better judgement, my lady

Yep...92 to Half Moon Bay was the way I was gonna go....Saturday woulda been better Dante! But I can just say I have a sales meeting and leave the office LOL...if my boss is an IC'er I'm screwed

If my boss is an IC'r...... :pointlaug That would be funny.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
i cant be there friday but i will try to get there this week for some bubble :) . SO whats on the Menu Dante?

Keefhead

Santa Cruz Patients Collective - SCPC

Santa Cruz Patients Collective - SCPC

I just got back from the Santa Cruz Patients Collective. The second outlet for MMJ in Santa Cruz. First question; What do they have? Well, as of today - opening day - they had the following:

OG Kush
Skunk Train
Train Wreck
HashPlant
Heavens Gate
Williams Wonder
White Widow
Plum Frost
George Bush
Eclectic

They also have the Jolly Rancher "concentrate", that amber stuff that goes so great on a bowl of your favorite. And I was told that very soon they will have MLT, a hash that I just cannot say enough good about. Great melt, very little ash, good punch.

The positive side: It's the cleanest place I've been to. Nice woodworking, everything. All first class. When you first enter you go through a metal detector, but the guard is friendly though very much all business. Next you get a card. Yep. They also have their own card, though it is easy to get. I'll let them tell about how to get it.

The negative side; Two things, and both are NOT their fault. One, they must collect sales tax. There is no way around it. Other clubs are in for a nasty surprise someday, and these folks are doing the right thing from the start. The other is that the city will not allow on-site medication. This encourages folks to get what they want and leave - exactly what a dispensary should be. I don't hang out at Longs either.

However, that said, I truly yearn for a place where we can go, medicate, meet friends, make new ones, talk about our grow and learn from others, as well as help others.

(No, I'm not affiliated in any way.)

My first take on the club. I urge you to go check it out.

G

holy cow, is that OG the real deal? S1?

any info on heavens gate, plum frost, george bush, or eclectic?

how much per cut, did they seem healthy, and were there what you'd describe as adequate amounts of each variety available?

G

oh man. totally blown. i was very excited for a sec.

so they carry no cuts as of this time?

Keefhead

Check with them, but I doubt they ever will. They count as plants on premises, not as meds, but I've heard it could get a club in trouble if the cops wanted to be petty. I don't know if this is the reason so many clubs no longer carry them. Check with them directly - ya get the truth that way. Folks, its time you, and me, learn to grow from beans. :chin:

Oh, did I mention their hours are 10-6, closed Sunday? There, I did now. :bat: Hey, I said I was sorry!

mars2112

Veteran
Keefhead said:
the city will not allow on-site medication. This encourages folks to get what they want and leave - exactly what a dispensary should be. I don't hang out at Longs either.

i don't hang out at long's either.. but i have picked up medicine there and used it on the premises.. heck i just went to kaiser 3 days ago, picked up medicine and used it before leaving

i agree that banning on-site medicating encourages folks to get what they want and leave.. problem is many folks medicate down the street or around the corner or in the nearby alley.. or in their cars on the way home.. some patients drive hours to get medicine..

let patients medicate in the safe atmosphere of the dispensary imho

edit.. hey thanks keef talk to ya soon :)

Last edited:

LEGI0N

Keefhead said:
I just got back from the Santa Cruz Patients Collective. The second outlet for MMJ in Santa Cruz. First question; What do they have? Well, as of today - opening day - they had the following:

OG Kush
Skunk Train
Train Wreck
HashPlant
Heavens Gate
Williams Wonder
White Widow
Plum Frost
George Bush
Eclectic

They also have the Jolly Rancher "concentrate", that amber stuff that goes so great on a bowl of your favorite. And I was told that very soon they will have MLT, a hash that I just cannot say enough good about. Great melt, very little ash, good punch.

The positive side: It's the cleanest place I've been to. Nice woodworking, everything. All first class. When you first enter you go through a metal detector, but the guard is friendly though very much all business. Next you get a card. Yep. They also have their own card, though it is easy to get. I'll let them tell about how to get it.

The negative side; Two things, and both are NOT their fault. One, they must collect sales tax. There is no way around it. Other clubs are in for a nasty surprise someday, and these folks are doing the right thing from the start. The other is that the city will not allow on-site medication. This encourages folks to get what they want and leave - exactly what a dispensary should be. I don't hang out at Longs either.

However, that said, I truly yearn for a place where we can go, medicate, meet friends, make new ones, talk about our grow and learn from others, as well as help others.

(No, I'm not affiliated in any way.)

My first take on the club. I urge you to go check it out.

:woohoo: I would have been there but I ended up gettting my gallbadder removed... ouch.. I'm in pain.. I can't tell you how much better I felt when I got home and smoked a nice bowl of sour kush. :D Hey Keef, If you go over there again soon drop me a PM.

Keefhead

In that case plan on a road trip reeeeaaal soon. The hours are 10-6 M-S, closed Sunday. PM me with the rest of this conversation.

karmical

what a blast rollling down there with you guys...

:joint:

pleasure meeting you dante, that place is a keeper. cleanest club i have ever been into, but then again the only club i have been in opening day, so lets keep it real here...lol

really wanted to snap a couple of pics of the street from the outside but maybe i'll come back again for a real review for the paper, never know with me, but if i do i'll do it all offical and shit as to be legit....

but enough of that first and formost was our timing and stop and go traffic encountered along hwy 17....thanks mars, but hwy 1 would of been faster we had to sit in this shit here for a bit...

and we all laughed about mars saying that this would be the faster route down....lol but next time we'll take hwy 1

didn't really dig the having to get a card thing, with my ocbc & original recommendation plus california id why do i need to be in your computer? i got the line fed from the very attractive records/screening/clerical worker...no she's fucking hot...there i'll say it :sasmokin: but i felt as if it was kind of intrusive to be honest but since others knew dante was, and now that i've met him i'm not worried about anything i'm just saying, how much more identification do you really need? and this is no knock i fully understand that you are only doing what the city requires you to do, but i think it should be a choice and not required imo

oh yeah and your metal detectors didn't pick up on the loose change and other bullshit non lethal could never be as a weapon even by mcguyver so really in the hands of a stoner like myself its really nothing, and no need to take it all out of my pockets...that's refreshing

this is the skunk train

and this the trainwreck both are very nice...
sorry about the not so good meds photos done kind of in the open so had to keep it down a bit..

the og kush looked really good, i'll grab some of that next time, cause yeah i'll be there again

this may be my favorite picture of santa cruz ever...a moving bird that i actually caught in flight while holding a conversation... on of my highlights of many of a very good day....

props dante for getting it done and for having that money thingy that i went and told my manager about we have to get one of those, and for having very good meds. wish that melt would of been there, but next time, and we'll have to go to dinner next time or something jeez...

Last edited: