What's new

Sealed 6000w, Multi-flow, Daystar ac, Powerhouse, CO2

MrWeekend

A nice little CO2 calculator:
http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp

You'll prolly want temps between 83-89 degrees.

The humidity isn't going to be high until you get the plants in there, and I guarantee you'll need a dehumidifier when they start really chuggin along. Checking the RH in the meantime is kinda pointless, it's the plants that make the humidity.

And I also guarantee you're gonna end up needing some sort of AC (prolly not the 3k btu / light situation) but some AC nonetheless.
At least start thinking about how you're gonna do it..that way when the time comes it'll be a quick and easy fix :D

Beautiful room you've built for your girls, I'm sure they'll reciprocate the favor :tiphat:

Thanks for the info.....I think weve decided to try a 3 light flip flop in the summer months to keep temps down then do full 6k in winter.....lights will flip every 2 hrs.

Greenmopho

I would just rock AC and forget the flip all together. Forget the dehuey, all the non Colorado growers keep saying you will need it, trust me, you probably won't! In late bloom, my AC is draining about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water per day out of the air. The CAP controller controls the rest. On hot days, i go in there and by pass the AC from the CAP controller, because it won't run CO2 when the AC is on and my CO2 ppms go down to like 200. So by bypassing it, the AC just runs 24/7 on its own built in thermostat while the CAP controller just maintains CO2 during the light period. The AC changes the air a bit, but I don't mind, and the return air is in the room, so it just cycles the air. I don't notice much of a difference in CO2 consumption when I do this. Going to a water-cooled natural gas burning CO2 generator pretty soon. I'll let you know how that goes! Should save my back from lifting these 50lb CO2 tanks...

MrWeekend

The AC changes the air a bit, but I don't mind, and the return air is in the room, so it just cycles the air. I don't notice much of a difference in CO2 consumption when I do this.

are you saying you dont run an exhaust for the ac?.... "the return air is in the room, so it just cycles the air.".....are you running window unit or portable?

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
As a sealed room you will need AC or Dehuey...
My current problem.
Need either, don't have, just going to have to keep an eye on shit. Getting between 50-80% RH right now.
Normally, when my room was more open and had more exchange with the environment, humidity never got above 50, normally less than 20.
That dry ass Colorado air sure is nice sometimes, especially for the great powder.

Kush Farmer

Nice setup Weekend. I'll have to subscribe to this one. To chime in on the AC/DH issue. I just finished an 8000W run in a very, very dry climate with two 24 site CAP systems. All CGE with very similar setup to yours. There is no way you will be able to not run a DH. I was in a warmer climate so I have no opinion on the AC. You may get away with it due to your outside temp being so low. Good luck with it.

MrWeekend

Thanks for all the suggestions/opinions.

here goes some pics of the veg room thats in recovery from brown algae & physan20 flush...day 2 of beneficial bacteria.

the first pic is all the same strain & they seem to be doing ok....just a few twisted leaves

picture.php

the next 2 are all different strains...some look great, some not so much.

picture.php

picture.php

Kush Farmer

They are already looking less droopy. Be careful on over vegging in those three gallon pots. I've overdone it and the last threee weeks of flower aren't pretty.

MrWeekend

well luckly/sadly I lost a bunch of roots due to the brown algae....I will also be putting PVC spacers to lift the inside bucket out another inch or so to give the roots more room....rmccinc719 did it and he got away with some trees......was planning on flipping at 24in but I got to get them back to 90%+ before we head to the new room......they are right at 24/25 right now.

Kush Farmer

well luckly/sadly I lost a bunch of roots due to the brown algae....I will also be putting PVC spacers to lift the inside bucket out another inch or so to give the roots more room....rmccinc719 did it and he got away with some trees......was planning on flipping at 24in but I got to get them back to 90%+ before we head to the new room......they are right at 24/25 right now.

I would be interested in seeing the PVC spacers work out. From my experience the roots, for lack of better term, "auto-prune" once they reach the lower bucket. I have never been able to get more than a few inches (6'-12') of roots out of the main bucket even when I was root bound on a 6.5 week veg and 12 week flower. Are the spacers around the lip of the buckets? That is the only way i see doing it without leaving a gap that will allow light leakage. I'm very interested in this now. I have used these systems for years and the limited veg time has been the only downside I have found. I have upped the bucket size before but it is far more work and expense than it's worth. So if this works, I am in!

Greenmopho

are you saying you dont run an exhaust for the ac?.... "the return air is in the room, so it just cycles the air.".....are you running window unit or portable?

Yea, I'm running 2x 1 ton portable units that have the cold air exhaust and the return on the main unit, and then you duct out the in/out for the air exchange for the compressor. So far so good...

Actually, a guy that knows about this would be Duckmang. He told me he took an AC apart to make it a split unit, essentially.

MrWeekend

kush farmer- decided not to do the spacers this run

here a few pics of whats going on.....day 9 of 12/12.....everything seemed to make a comeback from the brown algae.....great white works wonders.....hopefully I can pull this run off & redeem myself after my depressing last run in my other room.

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Diesel showing the most flower at this point
picture.php

MrWeekend

bud&nugs- I actually have a $150 humidity meter & both of those meters hanging on the wire are within 5% of the expensive one......& the small white one is over 3 years old

supersize- Thanks :rasta:

Kush Farmer

Looks real good weekend. I especially like you partical board risers to kill the half inch of standing water in the lower buckets. What made you decide against the spacers?

S

sparkjumper

Looks good but the plants look a little stretched to me.How close have you been keeping the light during veg?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I don't understand how you can have a sealed room without a dehumidifier and an A/C. This would only be possible if the lights gave off zero heat and water didn't evaporate/transpire from the plants.. or if the room is ridiculously huge that the small heat/vapor doesn't make a big difference.

Just saying.. but REALLY sweet setup! I love the reflecting ceiling!

MrWeekend

Looks real good weekend. I especially like you partical board risers to kill the half inch of standing water in the lower buckets. What made you decide against the spacers?

I just got so much shit going on right now, truthfully I dont have the time......but I also still have alot more room for roots since I lost alot of the roots to the brown algae.

Looks good but the plants look a little stretched to me.How close have you been keeping the light during veg?

They were growing into the aircooled 600w veg lights.

Half of the room is a haze hybrid and thats just how it grows....everytime I show this plant I always have a few people say "LOWER YOUR LIGHTS, ITS STRETCHING TO MUCH".......but thats just how it grows.......look at the last pic of the blue diesel, its short & tight

I don't understand how you can have a sealed room without a dehumidifier and an A/C. This would only be possible if the lights gave off zero heat and water didn't evaporate/transpire from the plants.. or if the room is ridiculously huge that the small heat/vapor doesn't make a big difference.

Just saying.. but REALLY sweet setup! I love the reflecting ceiling!

I do have an AC/dehumidifer on order....should be here in a few days. Right now I am running around 70% humidity, 85deg, lights on.......75-80%, 70-75deg, lights off

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Yeah man, I'm struggling a bit with RH and the heat from a 65pt. dehuey, not as bad, but still a concern.A Sante Fe is on the wish list for next go-round.

We've had 90%+ RH days and 90+ degree days...just makes it tough to control enviroment.

I also meant to say in my last post that I was this >*< close to clickin' on that Blue Diesel, so I'm watching those babies very closely.

Looks great man. :yes:

SSM :joint:

Yep...that's just how those Haze's roll...I have a few in the room and they did the same thing