What's new

Sealed 6000w, Multi-flow, Daystar ac, Powerhouse, CO2

MrWeekend

Mr Weekend,

was looking at picts of your roots. I had something similar before, but the algae was only one component of the problem. Nearly microscopic root aphids were the source of the brown algae. Pull out a 30x scope and do some rooting around in the infected roots.
Best of luck to you. Those things are hell and will destroy all of your hard work shortly are are impossible to control.

ah man.......if I find some shit on my roots.

Plants seem to be healthy(er) but Ill look.

*EDIT*
you made me break my light cycle to check for those fuckers.....couldnt find any trace of bugs, dead or alive.

T

Teeg420

Thanks for the quick response, 10 years damn I didn't know they have been out that long.

S

sparkjumper

Yea I run 3 1K vertizontals in an 8 by 8 with co2 and without air conditioning and a dehumidifier,it wouldnt work.Glad to hear you're getting fixed up.The AC will take care of a lot of the lights on humidity but you must run a dehumid. during lights off theres no way around it.You never want to turn of your AC during the entire grow.Get one with a remote control this way you dont have to walk into a room fulla plants to adjust temps

MrWeekend

Shot of the new Lumateks.

picture.php

mcattak

Cover those red lights on the controllers--dark cycle..

Didn't know you could use physan20 on your plants...Are you supposed to????

H2O2 kills all those bennies you been making...

Funny you had half a dozen guys telling you to get an a/c or dehum and didn't listen...Now you will be telling the next guy trying a sealed room about needing an a/c or dehum...

mc

Kush Farmer

It's a shame You didn't get the D/H and A/C in time. I've seen such a drastic change in the overall health of my gardens once I switched to CGE. Next time you can get the environment right from the start and see for yourself.

That row of bright purple ballasts is so sexy!! Is that the dual 600W on the end, or does it just look larger from the angle?

Either way, nice upgrade and beautiful garden.

MrWeekend

Cover those red lights on the controllers--dark cycle..
the controllers are on timers & go off

Didn't know you could use physan20 on your plants...Are you supposed to????
only way to kill brown algae

H2O2 kills all those bennies you been making...
thats why im not using it...you might have seen an old post post before I really got this brown algae.....im now using GH nutes, Great white, & Earth Nectar/Earth Ambrosia

Funny you had half a dozen guys telling you to get an a/c or dehum and didn't listen...Now you will be telling the next guy trying a sealed room about needing an a/c or dehum...

mc

It's a shame You didn't get the D/H and A/C in time. I've seen such a drastic change in the overall health of my gardens once I switched to CGE. Next time you can get the environment right from the start and see for yourself.

That row of bright purple ballasts is so sexy!! Is that the dual 600W on the end, or does it just look larger from the angle?

Either way, nice upgrade and beautiful garden.

6- 1k's........I might try it this run because my ac & dehuy get here today.....just need to build some stands for them

Kush Farmer

6- 1k's........I might try it this run because my ac & dehuy get here today.....just need to build some stands for them

I vote on trying it. With a nice thermostat/humidity controller you'll be in heaven. When you think about it; indoor gardening is done so because you can control the environment without relying on nature. Most gardeners do not control 100%, CGE gardeners do!!!

How do you like the Great White? I've been eyeing it to switch from Sub Culture.

MrWeekend

I vote on trying it. With a nice thermostat/humidity controller you'll be in heaven. When you think about it; indoor gardening is done so because you can control the environment without relying on nature. Most gardeners do not control 100%, CGE gardeners do!!!

How do you like the Great White? I've been eyeing it to switch from Sub Culture.

it works.....I also tried myco madness, & plant success soluble(same people make great white).....Im currently using plant success soluble because its cheaper than great white, & earth nectar/earth ambrosia.

one thing that I dont get is that they all say they are soluble but none of them dissolve in water....have a 1/8in layer of great white/myco madness/plant success in the bottom of my buckets & res......for this reason im going to try just earth nectar/earth ambrosia next round, & maybe aqua shield.....do you know of any other LIQUID beneficial bacs? Powders just dont seem to work cleanly in hydro

MrWeekend

Day 25

Everything is looking rather good. (knock on wood) Worst plants so far are; Early Girl, NL, M4, & both Golden Goats.

Fighting a few nats, so I bombed & sprayed the hydroton tops with gonat...... burnt the leaves a bit.... so I washed everything off with water the next day. The ones close to the bomb took the worst hit....but the nats seem to be gone

Temps 71-81
Hum 30-45%
Ec 1.3 GH Bloom & Micro, with Plant Success Soluble
Plants are drinking about 20 gallons a day!

Haze hybrid
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Multiple Strains
picture.php

Island Sweet Skunk
picture.php

Blue Diesel
picture.php

Early Girl, She doesnt seem to like anything I do. Slowest flowering plant, very touchy, HUGE STRETCH.
picture.php

MrWeekend

Day 25 ..... w/out HPS

Left is Haze Hybrid

Center - Right Row
Sublime - LAPD
Blowfish - Mtn. Guerrilla
Romulan X Kong - Blue Diesel

This back corner has some of the best looking plants. I just changed into clean clothes so I couldnt get back there to get close ups

picture.php

Grapefruit
picture.php

Kong
picture.php

Golden Goat
picture.php

White Rhino
picture.php

Haze Hybrid
picture.php

picture.php

MrWeekend

Looks good, but IMHO...too many strains on 1 system!

That was the point.... I wanted to have enough strains to pick 3 REAL winners that fit my needs & can run off the same system/nute requirements.....This is a one time deal....then there will only be 2 strains at a time on one system.

Greenmopho

That was the point.... I wanted to have enough strains to pick 3 REAL winners that fit my needs & can run off the same system/nute requirements.....This is a one time deal....then there will only be 2 strains at a time on one system.

Definitely hard to get that down. I am currently doing some runs like that. One system has UK Cheese and Cherry AK together, based on their flowering time. The Cheese is really sensitive to nutes, while the AK is a monster. Wasn't a good pairing at all! My White Widow and ECSD actually work really well together. The WW needs a ton of magnesium, which doesn't seem to slow down the diesel one bit! Both are also stretchy as all hell!

Kush Farmer

I've done it in the same system as well. At one time I had six strains in 48 buckets with two reservoirs. It SUCKS!!! But, as you stated, it is a necessary evil to find matching strains. I think I even had a widow in there. She is a notorious under eater. Everything looks good. I commend your experimenting. Most are too afraid to invest a whole harvest to research.

You mentioned some leaf loss in my profile (thanks for the k+). Any clue as to what is causing it? Is it just end of cycle loss?

Last edited:

MrWeekend

leaves got burnt from a bug bomb....I had a few fungus nats & instead of just spraying the hydroton, I figured it would be easier to bomb the room...Wrong....The plants did not like the bomb one bit....they dont look the prettiest, but they are still going strong.