What's new

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyone's opinions on removing lower leaves? I have all my plants scrogged out, and have seen my lower leaves start to wilt/die over the past 2 weeks. Terpene suggested I "lollipop" slightly to remove the dried leaves and just leave the flowers/buds.

The PPE and PH have only need 1 serious pruning so far, but this morning I removed a TON from the Cindy walkers. Just wanna make sure I'm not hurting anything... The Cindy's look 110% healthy besides the dried/dead/dying lower leaves

Thanks for all the kind.....or....all the advice I guess Nondual...I saw Mitos run of that Mystery J1 or Chernobyl or whatever it is and it was not poorly grown at all, in fact I'd say this run was one of his best that I've seen. The leaves are proper flushed and the buds were resinous as fuck! So even if it wasn't J1, it wasn't poorly grown.

Then mentioning that the dude didn't have a "heat sink" or whatever, you sound almost arrogant. Why not say ask it like this, like: "yo thats not a heat sink, I believe its a fan right??"

Maybe I'm on a hunt for bashers this morning and no one else thought what you said was a bit out there.... who knows ;)

I agree...that's why I have him the response he deserved haha

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Nondual is a very respected member, and a 'bro'. He is the person J1 comes from, so his comments were more saying if THAT was J1, then it must be 'poorly' grown, cause the nugs are micro compared to what J1 should produce.

I dont see any og look to it really... But that doesnt rule out there being og in it... Ive grown enough og hybrids now to know that the og doesnt always come through... And the majority of the og crosses i have grown havent been all that og dominant at all.
Its probably just a legit cut of jack, so they gave it the "platinum" tag, cause its that good.

N

Nondual

Nondual is a very respected member, and a 'bro'. He is the person J1 comes from, so his comments were more saying if THAT was J1, then it must be 'poorly' grown, cause the nugs are micro compared to what J1 should produce.
Yeah basically that and you explained it better than I did...thx. The actual bud structure looks kind of close and that weak stem structure and node spacing looks familiar. Send me a sample and I'll tell on the first sniff :). The smell is unmistakable. Wasn't trying to rag on the guy for his general growing skills but IF that is J1 something is definitely not right. I've fucked up many plants...so what?

As for the heat sink thing...I worked in the electronics industry from '80 to '84 and was like jeez.

What you're talking about is not a heat sink...sorry.
It was just a statement of fact. I didn't say the guy was stupid or an idiot. I'm over it...lol.

Got nothing but respect for the Dago crew. You guys are doing some awesome things down there in a pretty hostile environment.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
picture.php

THIS is a fantastic shot.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4804543#post4804543 :wave:

G

guest5703

Sorry nondual, I know I'd seen you around. I think I just came in at a moment where I must have been hatin or something. Peace

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
that almost looks like p91. maybe it's just the lighting but round chunks of dark glittering funk always reminds of proper p

i was thinking one of the g13 kuts?? pacific or airbourne?... whatever that shit looks kill, little tight dense crystal balls..

i bet Red is going to come back and say this is one of those G13's. Prob Airbourne. I know he is a big fan.

BTW Humble, just saying P91 is getting a lot of mouths watering around here.

On an unrelated matter Terp; can you clarify the Piesel Destroyer
linage a bit?

So those were Pops Princess Diesel crossed to Cannabiogen Destroyer? Anyone know what the Princess Diesel is made up of?

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
So those were Pops Princess Diesel crossed to Cannabiogen Destroyer? Anyone know what the Princess Diesel is made up of?

If I remember right it's Ice Princess x Sour Diesel.

On a similar note, anyone know what Dynamite is? I have some Dynamite x PD seeds but haven't seen much on Dynamite.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
On an unrelated matter Terp; can you clarify the Piesel Destroyer
linage a bit?

Yes, that is indeed what Piesel Destroyer is. Here's the breakdown - the P'91 X Princess Diesel (Pops).

Mom:
Princess Diesel is a cross of Ice Princess (Grimm) x Sour Diesel (Rez)
P'91 is p. This particular pheno looked and smelled very similarly to P'91 I ran in the past.

Dad:
Cannabiogen's Destroyer is a Meao Thai that's been crossed to a Mexican x Columbian and bred back to the mother, or so I've read. Basically, 90% highland thai with minor south american equitorial sativa traits.

Expect the P91 looking plants to run 9-10, the thai leaning plants to flower till about 12-14. High is going to range from debilitating couchlock(p91) to "omg, lets go ride bikes and talk about the universe."(destroyer). As I still haven't had time to run that one, I look forward to your pics!!

Rasputin, here's how mine turned out. I named them first name as they leaned, respectively. My dynamite leaning pheno (dynamite princess diesel) was danker, darker smelling, more frosty and a heavier stone all around. As you might imagine the princess diesel side (princess diesel dynamite) was more energetic, similar all around to the ECSD cut floating around.
picture.php

picture.php

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I still have the Piesel '91 mom...wonder if I can get ahold of P91 and maybe do some crossing with these 2...I would fem the Piesel just to play around with it...or if someone else wants to play around please let me know. :)

Last edited:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humble: Thats a G13 cut, nata was right, i wish i still have the old P91 i know shes still around some where, thats chernobyl looks superb!
Mito: buds look danks there buddy.
Calcio: thanks for th elove brotha!
Nata: The G is still growing at the house, its probably never going to leave. i popped a bunch of crosses i made with the SD cuts, growing em out and ill be selecting the gems to pass em back to the community, we need to catch up for some smokes.

have a safe week everyone!
cheers

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Thank you for the info sir. As always; a gentleman and a scholar.

"omg, lets go ride bikes and talk about the universe."

We need a good one of these floating around! Maybe i'll put in the work to find a keeper super sativa. Something abt 11-14 weeks that ppl can just throw in the corner of the flower cab for some head smoke now and again. Just to change things up from time to time. Chemoboi what do you think abt that description?

In addition to those beans (for sativas) i also have C-99 x PD and AK-47 x PD.

As for the P-91. I still have 3 seeds left labeled 'Sub's P-91' :yoinks:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Only decision left is this one...

400w scrog
picture.php

or

1000w scrog
picture.php

Temps with the 400w stay constant at 77-78, the 1k is holdin steady at 84...lets see what happens when it cools off for the night.

humbleguy

Veteran
run the thowie. I would ditch the parabolic for an aircooled in you have one sitting around. good to see you getting into HID.....

edit: just saw your thermie on the screen so if that 84 includes radiant heat your golden, just keep her back 24" or so for the first couple weeks

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
run the thowie. I would ditch the parabolic for an aircooled in you have one sitting around. good to see you getting into HID.....

edit: just saw your thermie on the screen so if that 84 includes radiant heat your golden, just keep her back 24" or so for the first couple weeks

Thats the only problem...I turn on my 6in fan and my neighbors know i got a show going...thats why i got the LED and build a cab. I am trying to get away with not running aircooled hood and big extraction...

I am slowly raising it up until the temps are good enough...worse comes to worse I have a 4 inch blower that i can use to extract the room...if not ill just buy a 600w bulb when the money isnt an issue and set up a 600w.

Thanks for the input humble. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts