What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #8: Cindy Cindy

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These plastic pots are meant to be watered from the bottom like my SWICK. I was top watering about 10% of the soil volume, and the bottom of the pots were still thirsty. They sucked up a bunch of water through the bottom holes. Things should start going faster.

CC2762A3-5E7D-4A59-9746-182BE6E02434.jpeg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Things are settling down and working like they are supposed to. The plants have a voracious thirst from the bottom reservoir, indicating that the roots are working. The veg progresses still at 15 hrs ON, @ 550-600 umoles. I am afraid to go back up in hours once they have been lowered.

9224C98C-8EEA-40EC-A1FA-32684667DD6B.jpeg P1 is front left. See next post.

When the plants are drinking like this, things are groovin…

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Greed is hurting me. I have 4 spots for 10 gallon bags, but 8 plants. I would like 2 each females of both phenos, taking up those 4 spots. I also want a male of each, and can put them where the OHz males are pollinating now… but I don’t know the sex yet.

The plants are ready to up-pot, but no place to put the 8 each 10 gallon bags. The plants are too small to flip, and get any yield at the end. Guess the roots will have to get crowded in the plastic pot a while longer.

LostTribe

Premium user
In tents with horizontal lighting I normally pull all fan leaves off and lower 1/4-1/3 of the lowest leaf after stretch at week 3 and again week 5 or 6 depending on if they are long flowering. Undergrowth doesnt give much bud this helps with airflow to the containers and the fan removal helps get light to the budsites and lower buds of the plants. Look around on youtube for schwazzing or hi yeild defoliation cannabis. It will help you get more plants in each tent to.

Fill the tent space and just keep moving them around each day untill they sex and then you can decide. If theres a will theres a way. Get creative and even stack them in there tight for a bit. You can open the tent and keep a couple on the side during the light hours to give them more room too. You can always chop the ones you dont want later but cant bring them back from the dead. Alternatively you could up pot them all and put any that don't fit under a shop light for a few days until they show sex...

Cannabis is just a plant and they are still weeds that can take a beating. Alot of people treat them like infants but overfertilizing and timer/light leak issues are usually some of the main issues. One thing I failed at early on was vegging long enough and maximizing the use of my space.

Just giving you ideas. They look great and I hope they turn out great!

LT

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The OHz males in the closet are making pollen. I’ll collect some, ditch the OHz male plants, and then have temporary room for two more plants in 10 gallon bags like the OHz males have.

That 1/3 stretch you mentioned got my attention. They were growing slowly at first after being moved to the pots, but they are doing well now. So I’ll keep rolling along with them like they are, happy as can be as they grow bigger, with the grace from the lord above. I have plenty more soil ready. I think I will flip the plants in the little pots. Maybe one more week to veg, but we’ll see. There is plenty of room for the plants, I worry about the roots.

If I can due to timing, I will put some Cindy pollen on the OHz for reverse Cindy haze. Then I’ll ditch the Cindy males and grow out 4 big yummy Cindy females in the big tent. The OHz pollen will hit a few selected and tagged spots of both phenos to make Cindy haze seeds. No Cindy pollen on Cindy girls. Let’s hope flipping them in the pots doesn’t herm them. They will get moved to the bags as soon as sex is known.

How different will the two types of seeds look? O vs 0

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
My seeds from Cindy hybrid x THH resembled more of the cindy side. The THH can be anything from small to very large depending on the particular mom and how long the seeds were growing. If they were pollenated early they may grow longer and be either darker, bigger or no different. I'll try to check back in next week to see how things are doing. Best LT

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They are chugging long, drinking plenty of water and taking feed. Metal plants seem more vigorous than punch in general. They have been in those pots almost a month. The short 15 hour daylight period may be hampering their growth. I am thinking maybe another week before dropping the daylight hours.

Attachments

• 9FFFA88B-3C5B-4363-AE07-92F725D6B78E.jpeg
    9FFFA88B-3C5B-4363-AE07-92F725D6B78E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Their thirst is good, so the roots are working well. They will be at 14 hours today, 13 tomorrow, and 12 on Monday. No time for slow vegging, gots to go.

LostTribe

Premium user
I am surprised that they have not started to stretch which is most likely due to the LED or the selected parents of this particular cindy line.

Thank you for such a great effort on these! They look fantastic and I cannot wait to see the results!

LostTribe

Premium user
They are chugging long, drinking plenty of water and taking feed. Metal plants seem more vigorous than punch in general. They have been in those pots almost a month. The short 15 hour daylight period may be hampering their growth. I am thinking maybe another week before dropping the daylight hours.
I would definitely remove the fans after 3w of stretch as they are very very bushy and looking just as they should. This will help improve yeild and you should see nice budding even on some of the lowers. We can tell that the roots have started to take over the pots too as they have experienced a growth spurt in recent days. Fantastic job!

Peakbc C99 metal mom
full

full

full

The Punch mom grew narrower somewhat lighter buds but was sweet hawaiian punch smelling.

:ying:
LT

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If I had 8 trays and spiders to hold perlite and support the bag, I would put all 8 plants in 10 gallon bags for the flip, but I don’t have that many. If I am gonna be running the hybrids I make in there, I need to be able to do that. 8 bags and a 5 gallon bucket for the air will fit a 4x4 platform on top of the tubs.

I am concerned about root wrapping. We’ll see, but I may have to trim the rootballs when I up-pot the females.

I am also wondering how seeds will mature with a 50 day flower time. Maybe hit the lower flowers and leave those in there past peak to mature the seeds. I will have to do that to make reverse CH on the OHz plants, which start week 9F tomorrow.

AD241CAD-5642-4040-925E-1846DD44F7DC.jpeg

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
If I had 8 trays and spiders to hold perlite and support the bag, I would put all 8 plants in 10 gallon bags for the flip, but I don’t have that many. If I am gonna be running the hybrids I make in there, I need to be able to do that. 8 bags and a 5 gallon bucket for the air will fit a 4x4 platform on top of the tubs.

I am concerned about root wrapping. We’ll see, but I may have to trim the rootballs when I up-pot the females.

I am also wondering how seeds will mature with a 50 day flower time. Maybe hit the lower flowers and leave those in there past peak to mature the seeds. I will have to do that to make reverse CH on the OHz plants, which start week 9F tomorrow.

View attachment 18778531

I havent really grown a lot in soil as far as pot is concerned. Got anything smaller than a 10 gallon you could use like the plastic grow bags? I wouldnt try to trim the root mass during this stage. Give us a shot of the roots or post over in the soil section I am sure they will be fine either way they look excellent. I just wanted to try and help you fill up the tent and give you the best chance possible at getting the best pheno in the lot. You wont know if you have a magical lady until way after flip normally not until you smoke them.

Revegging is a breeze and we can walk you through it. Just leave plenty of green leaf or a couple lower branches intact and you will be fine.

As for seeds I pollenate the lowers and leave them until the seeds are popping thru the husks and you can see that they are dark in color. It helps to remove some of the seeds to see before you chop them too. I don't see any pollen there on your haze but you might be able to dry that and grind it up and still get some seeds from it. Did you see any dust fly or drop onto lower leaves?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That shit was dropping yellow powder all over the fans as the flowers opened. I had to get those males gone and the room cleaned. I had a pretty good dusting in that pan off both males. Now I just hope putting that glass tray in the freezer is ok for the moisture. Loosely covered with foil. I think it will be fine. Dope is resilient. I’ll grind it between my fingers and sprinkle on the flowers. Can pollen sit at room temp like in an envelope for a few weeks while it waits for the female?

They are at 12 hours tomorrow, so let’s start watching for sex. I can’t wait to get the keepers in bags and on the SWICK bed.

If I did clones… looks like the time to take them would be now. So far I just grow it, stick it in jars, and then grow something else. Like a regular Forrest Gump with a box of chocolate varieties, except my box is full of seed packs. What will bite me someday is finally growing some fine dope, and not having a clone. I am in this too deep already to be messing with clones, so there is never any turning back. Make a few seeds for the collection, and on to the next adventure.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
That shit was dropping yellow powder all over the fans as the flowers opened. I had to get those males gone and the room cleaned. I had a pretty good dusting in that pan off both males. Now I just hope putting that glass tray in the freezer is ok for the moisture. Loosely covered with foil. I think it will be fine. Dope is resilient. I’ll grind it between my fingers and sprinkle on the flowers. Can pollen sit at room temp like in an envelope for a few weeks while it waits for the female?

They are at 12 hours tomorrow, so let’s start watching for sex. I can’t wait to get the keepers in bags and on the SWICK bed.

If I did clones… looks like the time to take them would be now. So far I just grow it, stick it in jars, and then grow something else. Like a regular Forrest Gump with a box of chocolate varieties, except my box is full of seed packs. What will bite me someday is finally growing some fine dope, and not having a clone. I am in this too deep already to be messing with clones, so there is never any turning back. Make a few seeds for the collection, and on to the next adventure.
If you have the setup for clones and can keep them organized go for it. Alternatively, you can just leave 2 bottom branches untouched after chop. Put them on 24/7 for a week and then back to 18/6 and just start feeding them veg formula again and they will revert and you can take cuttings in about 4-6 weeks total.

I've successfully taken cuttings at chop and had them root and reveg at the same time in a diy aero cloner. Aero cloners are the way to go if you are learning just keep them clean.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Don’t have the space or time for that. I’ll grow these out and move on. So much dope out there that needs trying. The mistake on this run was assuming the Cindy would veg faster. I waited a month after the OHz to start it, but this stuff needed an extra month to veg.

They started getting P in the food, N feeding is done. I would sure like a 50% stretch,, or more. Stalks are stout and ready for weight.

Latest posts

Latest posts