What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #8: Cindy Cindy

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The sprouts are ready to get off the 24/0 schedule and into bigger pots for sexing. I think I have a way to set-up a light and timer. The tent these are going into is occupied by OHaze for a little while as they sex.

25C751FE-FCC0-4479-9C7A-CFBCD15CAEA3.jpeg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What do they say about necessity and stoners? The mother of all inventions right here! Actually that foldable stainless steel laundry drying rack is super useful for drying. Now it makes a temporary light hanger for a veg and sexing chamber. Mars 4800 that will be running on manual power settings off a near pow timer (on and off only)

Edit: I am controlling the light power manually with the infinitely adjustable knob on the driver. Having a PAR meter is crucial doing it this way. They are at around 350 umoles now Oct 12.

[ 0544AAC8-C6F8-44C1-A748-B662BAED0203.jpeg

The modern LED lights are versatile because they run cool. Hanging off the drying rack in a closet works fine. Door cracked to control air flow from a fan outside. The light driver is in that fan air flow, staying cool. The near-pow timer is cheap and does the job, and is simply shutting off the power to the Mars 4800 driver. Simple things work too.

D369C799-7A14-4F16-BAEA-561D0723D3AE.jpeg

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Up-potted and inoculated, and basking under 185 umoles of Mars Hydro 4800 goodness 18/6.

View attachment 18766427
They grooving right along now!!! Please share some pics over at the come back!

The punch and fruitier plants had skinnier leaves. Are you able to tell any difference so far between the Punch and Metal lines in veg? They are really going to take off now with the LED!!!! Everything looks sweet!

Peace,
LT

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I picked the best tailed seeds as I numbered them. P1 was the best, P2 the second… That hasn’t co-related to the strength of the sprouts. There is one misfit, and that is P1.

My thinking is this… A lot depends on how the tail ends up in its orientation in the soil placement. I place the tails in ‘seed starter’ which is a little fluffier, trying to get the tail straight down. My thinking is the tailed seed has a fighting chance to get things straight, not S shaped, in the softer layer of starter. Then the roots go down into the lower soil area. Like the last few runs the roots were just hitting the bottom, and had one punch that really didn’t have enough to keep the soil ball intact. Either I need more T5 light over the nursery, or my way of heating is off, or maybe it is too humid under the dome, and the plant is too lazy to make roots.

With only 3 metals we’ll see. It is possible P5 is really M5. M1 didn’t make a head, which shows how sorry my tail planting abilities are.

Blue labels are metal, green are punch.

9EAD9921-F9BC-4100-976E-9ADB554CAC60.jpeg

At least everybody has a home where they can grow roots.

Lost Tribe, I don’t know where your comeback thread is, but for sending me these genetics I am your eternally grateful slave. Put up a link here to there, and a link there to here. Your wish is my command.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am not happy with the growth rate and suspect too cool soil temp. Here is a space heater warming the soil pots, which I hate because they are plastic. Maybe one more week in here, max. They will go in the big tent and flip to be sexed.

EB1A27F1-EEB6-4936-A1F6-020CAE6DA170.jpeg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Oh yeah, winged wet soil bugs, but well under control. My soil sometimes makes them, as it is out in the shed. They will be OK. When the plants get in bags the top of the soil dries out, and the cover clover helps too.

The plastic pots are going into the big tent soon, and the male OHz can make pollen in the space the Cindy’s are in. The Cindy’s will have better VPD control in there. So far, so good.

I am thinking of how and where to make more Cindy seeds. After the Cindy’s sex and I have collected OHz pollen, I can move male Cindy’s under the makeshift set-up. You want some back LT? What F# would they be?

Plus, things are on track for making Cindy haze. I have a couple males making pollen.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They are still in those damn plastic pots, but are in the big tent. They were not happy where they were. I am going to transition to 12/12 by dropping an hour every other day. Four females will finish in there. Hopefully two of each pheno.

Attachments

• 13012426-46B2-4478-84DE-428E6F4E9CB6.jpeg
    13012426-46B2-4478-84DE-428E6F4E9CB6.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Still chugging long, but the pace is slow. I hate those pots.

F4BC4CA1-03D2-4893-816E-FCB2A68210F0.jpeg

Here is a close-up of P4 to show what the pots are doing. The plants would explode in bags on the wick bed, but there are only 4 spots.

I just flashed on the idea of using 1 gallon bags at this stage with two sitting on each wick bed. Bags are a pain to remove the rootball from, because the roots grow into them. The root ball slides right out of a pot intact. Maybe cutting the sides of the bags and peeling the fabric off the root ball would work. Wasteful though.

13A65478-7209-456E-AB4B-D53B75B1EC2A.jpeg P4

16:00 ON, 450 umoles

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I suppose that they are doing OK, considering 20 daze ago they were little Dixie cup sprouts.

2E822062-8F3A-4B4D-A564-8753D46FED83.jpeg 5 punch, 3 metal. Metal have blue stickers and are at the right.

There is male ICMag haze pollen being made to knock them up, and make Cindy haze seeds. If I can make a bunch of seeds, they will be made available. I will respect LT’s wishes and not make pure Cindy. No need in confusing things with different pollens anyways.

C165C015-F398-44D0-9353-5209113E6D98.jpeg The 2 ICMagOHz males gonna be ready just in time. Some of this pollen is going back home to a farm in NY, where it may meet up with some ladies.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
They look very healthy. They certainly dont grow as fast as Ohaze. Last run I had the Punch, Metal and a few new seed plants mixed in with various OG's, F13 and some Cookie crosses. The C99 all produced more bud than all but maybe one of the other hybrids. I think they all seemed like they were taking longer to veg under the mars. It was my second run under the Mars LED. I am most familiar with HPS which gives more stretch in veg. Going forward I may use the HPS to veg especially in colder temps as the LED just dont put out enough heat in veg for colder climates for my liking. I am biased though having been strictly hps for 20 years.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They are down to 14 hours ON today, dropping an hour every other day. They have to sex in those pots.

Edit: I put them back at 15 after reading the post below. Tight node little midgets they be. We gots plenty of time.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
They wont stretch very much just so you know under the led. maybe 1/3 stetch total. You might wait if you are trying to fill the tent.