What's new

RubeGoldberg's 8x600w Indoor Garden

chase1

I like the bud igniter but just find it very expensive to run . I'm not sure if you can get it where you are but ( buddahs tree flower burst) does exactly the same thing but works out a lot cheaper as u only use .25ml per 1ltr so it's well concentrated I like the same company's PK aswell seems expensive but that's concentrated aswell
Keep up the good work

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Update: Its about 5 weeks, 2-3 days now.

haven't really given them much love lately, i really should have staked sooner, but I had some stuff come up. staking them during week 4 definitely stressed them out a bit during a peak time.

next round I'll most likely set a trellis net around week 3 since the canopy is fairly even.. (the really tall one poking out is a stray barney's farm feminized tangerine dream seed that I had in my junk drawer)

lzoij9l.jpg

hu0GLcM.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
I've run that Tangerine Dream before, crazy stretch on it.

fills out nicely, normally I don't fuck with feminized seeds, but its actually not too bad. Skinny sativa-ish leaves, looks like its gonna want to run longer than the larry OG thats running in most of the room....

I need the room right away though, so the Tangerine Dream will have to get cut early probably.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Here's a lights off pic, easier to see the buds from the trichomes reflecting the flash.

same timeline as the pics above, 5 weeks, 3 days.

Cke8Wzc.jpg

Dankwolf

Nice .

I run my plants same style but i can see i need to up it to 3 gallon pots vs my 1.75 gallon potters .

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Nice .

I run my plants same style but i can see i need to up it to 3 gallon pots vs my 1.75 gallon potters .

how many plants per light are you running?

I try to hit 2 parameters, 10-15% runoff but also drying out every 2-3 days.
in an optimal room with healthy plants, those 2 parameters = healthy rootsystem to me.

under 600w lights like this, i stay with 3 gal up to 9 plants per light, if it do 16, it ends up being 1-2 gals.
with 1000's i'll do 16 in 3 gals, but if i do 25 per light then I do 1's

Last edited:

Dankwolf

25 per 1000 watt at 1 and 1/2 week veg in 1.75 gallon pots forced to 4 main tops . plants trimed up first day of flower then again 2 weeks in to flower .65 to 70 days flower in a amended soiless mix (seems to work withmy well water best).

Next room i plan to alternate mh and hps.

Last picture is one of 4 branch's at 5 or so weeks .

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
25 per 1000 watt at 1 and 1/2 week veg in 1.75 gallon pots forced to 4 main tops . plants trimed up first day of flower then again 2 weeks in to flower .65 to 70 days flower in a amended soiless mix (seems to work withmy well water best).

Next room i plan to alternate mh and hps.

nice! i really wish I wasn't constrained by plant counts right now
I'd love to be doing 16-25 per light

how long are you vegging for?

Dankwolf

I had majore yellowing in the 6th week no matter the mix or feed . i would love to keep my 1.75 gallon potters at 1.5 week veg but they are fadeing why to early any ideas ?
Start of week 5

End of week 5

week 6 unless i have biger potter

If i do 3 day veg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
I had majore yellowing in the 6th week no matter the mix or feed . i would love to keep my 1.75 gallon potters at 1.5 week veg but they are fadeing why to early any ideas

Measure pH on the runoff... If you're getting a buildup that's locking it out you'll notice the pH dipping (like anywhere below 5.7). Week 5-6 yellowing is usually guys who get okay runoff (which is why they aren't yellowing around week 2-3 like the guys who don't get runoff) In which case just give them a healthy water flush around week 4

If your runoff pH comes out around 6ish to 7, its most likely some condition in the environment. Or the genetics, some plants start cannibalizing nutrients from their leaves around week 5 no matter how hard you try.

Could also try amending some course (pril) dolomite, sometimes smaller containers lose their dolomite buffer earlier than big ones and if the medium is peat/sphagnum based, that causes the pH to drop.

The image below illustrates my constant obsession with runoff. Basically as excess nutrients accumulate in your medium, that red line heads more and more to the left.
If sufficient runoff is happening, usually the dolomite buffer in your medium along with good pH'ing practices will keep your plants in a nice uptake range.

Another thing you could try is an organic base nutrient along with an enzyme, since they break down in the medium and don't accumulate the same way as mineral/synthetic nutes do.
MQDHn3H.png

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
aiiiight, day 1 of week 6 (42 days 12/12)

definitely looking a bit janky, but that's the idea behind a dailing in run. i've got some tweaks i'll make before the next run.

im thinking instead of a 2 week veg, i'll add an extra week under t5's at the beginning to stack some inter nodes before letting them explode under HID lighting. The stretch/height should be almost the same, but it'll hopefully give more inter nodes (not that I'm complaining) I'll be able to do the t5's in a small tent or something, so it wont interfere with the timeline of the flower room.

3 more weeks to go, we'll see how they fill out. tonight i switched from the midflower bloom booster (big bud) to the finisher/hardener bloom booster (overdrive) (edit, fuck only 2 weeks to go, this is why you need a calender in your room boys)

6kO8mAb.jpg

hfzs5xh.jpg

tQfC0WU.jpg

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
fuck, so in my own absent mindedness (this grow is probably priority 5 or 6 as far as shit in my life right now)

it turns out Im actually 1 week ahead of where I thought I was. haha this is a really big absent minded fuckup. Not the hugest in terms of nutrients or anything, i would have just started my late stage booster earlier...

fuck around though haha, i better put in the order for the next round of clones soon I guess..

wow.... better get my head scanned too

d690cbb35e4b2d522bdda7e5c8322f0f1edbf0ddb778bd3f273b6dfe0743824a.jpg

Last edited:

chase1

You ain't doing to bad mate it's when ya out and forget what ya done with ya kids you need to start worrying lol

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those plants look very good. I'm sure the added week of using the bloom booster will help out in yield when you harvest.

Dankwolf - Have you tried using fabric pots or air pots instead of the plastics?

-Funk

Dankwolf

Those plants look very good. I'm sure the added week of using the bloom booster will help out in yield when you harvest.

Dankwolf - Have you tried using fabric pots or air pots instead of the plastics?

-Funk

No was consernd about evaporation and humity with fabiric pots and there lack of resubilty. i can reuse the buckets for years . there cost effective and i preffer to stay away from grow shops for many reasons but mainly there vary expensive. I even build my own 1000 watt hps and mh setups for about $125 and that includes the bulb lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts