What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 8x600w Indoor Garden

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Fuck yeah. Just lookit all the Kernadians in here.

Everything looks gold, although rather disappointing not to see incredibly convoluted solutions to simple goals.

Surely you can incorporate a candle that burns a string that releases a weight that hits a springboard that launches it through an extended slinky, rolls down a chute and hits a button to activate a cat petting machine. I see a bit of room if you toss out some of those plants.

Hahaha yeah, this grow is actually the exact opposite of a Rube Goldberg Machine grow. My grow is like 90% of the other assholes in BC lol

My ICmag username is actually a homage to Heath Robinson from the hg420 forums. Rube Goldberg being the North American equivalent

I used to love his insane yet wonderful vertical grow experiments

Can still scrounge a few grow logs and pics of his through google. (his pics below, not mine)

16Vertical_System-med.jpg

heath_vertical_Page36_Image1.jpg

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Day 10 of flower, Still spreading out, not as crazy as I was expecting, but I think my canopy will still fill out

Just the whiff of some thrips, So when lights go out this morning, i'm gonna have to suit up and spray some nasty things from the secret pharmacy behind the grow shop counter that only the cool kids get to buy from. I'll probably throw a bit of cal/mg in with it since they're getting sprayed anyways

TEzt5IR.jpg

we9INfO.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
From the top. In about 1 week we'll stake them and spread their legs a bit to fill out the canopy but also give better light penetration to the future bud sites.

They're a little green since the lights just turned on and chlorophyll hasn't worked it's way into the top foliage from the night's growth

c1jXp9t.jpg

Beautiful setup there RG, loving the possibility of 2 rooms idea as well, anxiously awaiting the next update as I am along for the ride

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious observation on leaf colour/night growth. I need to pay more attention.

What are you using for thrips, if you don't mind me asking?

I use spinosad at home but need a work solution that is not what we currently use (sledgehammer on a finishing nail) and more economical than spinosad.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Curious observation on leaf colour/night growth. I need to pay more attention.

What are you using for thrips, if you don't mind me asking?

I use spinosad at home but need a work solution that is not what we currently use (sledgehammer on a finishing nail) and more economical than spinosad.

This stuff, its rather nasty and fucking smells awful, but its safe for even food crops if done at least a month out, so I don't feel too bad.

3962.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bitchin', I almost ordered that last year from Estados Unidos. All sorts of neato shit ready to be fired across the border.

greenbear420

cool ... I just got setup here.. and i just got back into growing after being out for a few years.. ill be watching this one for sure. what strain is that again?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Bitchin', I almost ordered that last year from Estados Unidos. All sorts of neato shit ready to be fired across the border.

yeah! i wish i ordered it off of american amazon, since the grow store charges a bit more
It honestly smells like fucked buttholes though, holy shit is it pungent

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
cool ... I just got setup here.. and i just got back into growing after being out for a few years.. ill be watching this one for sure. what strain is that again?

supposed to be something called logger kush.
BC commercial clone strain names don't necessarily line up with genetics elseware.

for example, purple kush here is gonna be nothing like purple kush in california.

the important thing is that the market likes it and i've heard from some respectable growers that its a nice yielder

edit: apparently LOG stands for Larry OG, probably something completely different than the Larry OG found in california and other places though.

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Didn't expect to post again so soon, but I was just feeding the plants and was happy with the difference in the canopy from my post 2 nights ago.

It looks like im getting about 1.5 inches of vertical growth a day currently, if the plants can keep it up for another 3-5 days i'll be a happy camper.

jHjg6Kp.jpg

Pretty happy with the buds for just shy of 2 weeks, here's my cock next to it for reference.

Of course onset of flower really doesn't tell us much since different strains will perform differently at this stage. until tonight I've been feeding a bloom booster called bud ignitor to trigger earlier flowering which runs during early 12/12

CtS6Fu6.jpg

chase1

Looks good mate Ile be following
Do you think you will see much yield difference having 8 lights as apposed to 6 in the space you have plants on

A

Ashin Kusher

Gotta agree with B4URTIME, Hella nice even canopy, ladies look super happy and healthy, nice thumb work Rube!

GastroGrower

Nice progress since you started this thread. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful canopy once they all finish stretching and filling out.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Looks good mate Ile be following
Do you think you will see much yield difference having 8 lights as apposed to 6 in the space you have plants on

hard to say, was gonna do 6x1000 in the space, but figured with the lowish ceilings, that 600's would be a better bet.

it is 4800 watts with the 600's rather than 6000 watts, so if we're thinking in terms of grams per watt.. then 6 lights would have won.

also 1000w lights would have meant a 8x12 footprint, which would have meant longer veg time (slightly) and most importantly, cramped walkways lol.
I've spent too many years shimmying between plants, I really just want some luxurious wide walkways now haha.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts