What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 8x600w Indoor Garden

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Gotta agree with B4URTIME, Hella nice even canopy, ladies look super happy and healthy, nice thumb work Rube!

thanks! there are a few stragglers, i think next time i'll order maybe 5 extra and then cull the smallest ones at the beercup to 3 gal stage.

for the sake of 25 bucks it'll be worth it.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
update time!

So we're at 17-18 days flower now (i should really get in the habit of posting at the weekly intervals, but fuckit)

Pretty happy with this strain considering it was only a 2 week veg time from planting the clones in solo cups to flipping.

they've now filled out to the point where i'm happy with my decision to flip to flower when I did.

If I run this strain next time, I'll give serious thought to using trellis netting around day 10 of flower, the canopy seems even enough, and I don't find myself rotating the plants too much.

The nodes are a little spaced out.. We'll see in a week or two if that was because of the temperate nuances or if its just how this strain performs.

fdkySjv.jpg

8jrA3fp.jpg

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Day 20, starting so see some potential cola development, reasonably happy with the bud development, going to be very curious to see how they look at the end of this next week,

TLcm8fS.jpg

lNOAzyt.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Canopy is looking full now mate

thanks, they're getting there.... at least i cant see floor anymore. When I go through to clean up the bottoms, i'll stake the plants and optimise the canopy better.

PWMr4Wq.jpg

realistically though, considering this is day 1 of week 3, i think i'll be seeing a nice sea of colas by this time next week.

edit: the plants on the right look like they're getting some kinda top growth immobile deficiency, but its just the staggered HPS/MH setup, the plants on the right are closer to an HPS and it makes it photograph kinda weird.

Last edited:

stonedfly

looking good Rube!! from a fellow asshole BC grower ;)

I too run Promix with AN Sensi in 3 gallon pots lol... nice looking setup! congrats on being legal!

I always order 5 extra clones as I find some do not keep up with the others... this time I didn't think I needed to order any , and I ended up 6 short from my trays I made... its always something hey? lol

keep up the good work!

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
looking good Rube!! from a fellow asshole BC grower ;)

I too run Promix with AN Sensi in 3 gallon pots lol... nice looking setup! congrats on being legal!

I always order 5 extra clones as I find some do not keep up with the others... this time I didn't think I needed to order any , and I ended up 6 short from my trays I made... its always something hey? lol

keep up the good work!

lol nice! I love the Sensi, Conni is a bit much for my growing style.
The pH perfect tech they have works great too. I never see any yellow leaves except for shit that normally dies towards the end.

i used to be sceptical as fuck about their lineup, but one of my buddies ended up working there and showed me some of the ridiculous testing they have as part of their R&D so I gave it a try.

Lethal

I like your style Rube and it's certain from the way you describe and do your grow that you already had your fair share of grows done.

I wish all of us can go legal doing the thing we like without fear of getting busted.

Does anybody knows how it is with foreigners and possibility to get a licence?

A

Ashin Kusher

They're certainly loving life under your care Rube, nice and perky.
What EC range do you max out at in flower bro? Would love to hear some more about your technique.
:tiphat:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
They're certainly loving life under your care Rube, nice and perky.
What EC range do you max out at in flower bro? Would love to hear some more about your technique.
:tiphat:

I just apply at the bottle rate. The pH perfect line from AN has things like humic acid, fulvic, aminos etc... Those components don't really read that accurately with an EC meter.
I know these nutes well enough to trust the bottle rates.

if i was running something that was strictly mineral salts, like GH Flora, i'd probably dial in an EC range for this strain. Aim around 1200ppm once they're over 1 foot and pH of 6.3, then dial in from there.

The main technique is just following the schedule and getting good runoff.
I always make sure that i'm getting reasonable runoff, this keeps the rootzone chemistry in the uptake range. Mineral based nutrients love to build-up in the growing medium and lock shit out. Lots of growers at this point will make the problem worse by trying diagnose deficiencies, I just make sure I get runoff and if for some reason I saw yellow leaves, all I'd need to do is flush and the plants will start uptaking again properly.

The other rule of thumb I aim for is drying out every 2-3 days, this keeps the roots seeking moisture and develops a nice rhizosphere. Too many growers over-size their pots and end up with muddy swamps that the roots don't want to spread out in. Big pots are amazing in the right situations, but for my growing style, 3 gallons is perfect.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Very nice grow congrats! What are your temps and humidity like?

im sitting around 78ish right now which I'm happy with for an air exchange room.

Humidity is 30% which I'm not overly happy with, but I'm gonna live with for this run.

I'm having a feeling once winter is over, I'm gonna have to switch to sealed, so I'll dial in humidity once that happens.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
I like your style Rube and it's certain from the way you describe and do your grow that you already had your fair share of grows done.

I wish all of us can go legal doing the thing we like without fear of getting busted.

Does anybody knows how it is with foreigners and possibility to get a licence?

spent many many years doing the illegal kind, its nice being able to relax a bit haha.

in canada I think foreigners can get a medical growing license as long as they have a residency visa.

stonedfly

lol nice! I love the Sensi, Conni is a bit much for my growing style.
The pH perfect tech they have works great too. I never see any yellow leaves except for shit that normally dies towards the end.

i used to be sceptical as fuck about their lineup, but one of my buddies ended up working there and showed me some of the ridiculous testing they have as part of their R&D so I gave it a try.

I fully agree about the Connie too...

Ive used AN since way back when it seemed it was the only nutrient brand in MR... the ph perfect is nice... shaves time off the daily routine...

i only use b-52 , bug bud, overdrive, voodoo, and flawless finish ... Ill use other veg nutes like RE and LK to get the bennies and microbes going...

Im digging your style.. vey much like mine... 3g pots, 2-3 day dry cycle, hand water.... easy peasy

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
How are you watering and how often?

watering by hand (mondi pump with a hose and a wand)

I aim for every 2-3 days, but it does require eye-balling.
I watered (fed) on saturday night, and I'm gonna feed again tonight (tuesday)

I go through about 150-200L with each watering in this room. (usually 150, but once a week I try to go balls-deep and get a ton of runoff)

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
It sure is nice to see a simple grow that will produce well. Your plants are looking very healthy too. I'm also a 3 gallon container, water every 2-3 days person like yourself. It works almost too well. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Update!

day 1 of week 4... filling out okay... Temps are actually getting better even though its warming up outside.

about 5-6 of the plants have locked out, some worse than others, so I flushed the garden with a shitload of water. This was my fault for not following my own run-off rules

ORvTAhB.jpg

S9cRyUf.jpg

stonedfly

looking good man. they really filled the space nicely with such a short veg time, nice work!

do you find the bud ignitor works well? how are you dealing with runoff?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
looking good man. they really filled the space nicely with such a short veg time, nice work!

do you find the bud ignitor works well? how are you dealing with runoff?

Yeah, I think the ignitor is worth it, i should omit it from a couple plants next round to see the different.

In relation to runoff, if you look at the pic in the last post, you can see the rain gutter on the edge of the table.

it channels all of the runoff to a rubbermaid under-bed storage style container that I pump out.

Latest posts

Latest posts