What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Romulan Jakes Grow Diary

RomulanJake

here is an article which shows OG rom.

Im not sure if you've seen it, but I have covered all of this information already in several threads. Also our website covers all of this information.

Vic High, and Joe both acquired their cut (which both are how Emery got involved with Rom). Vic believed he had a pure Romulan clone, and that Joe had something a little different, and he stated that many times. Vic also believed that his cut must have been bred in California, and that perhaps many breeders were involved with creating Romulan. Romulan was around before Vic, Joe, and Emery.. just as different names, in different areas.

What I have is a very old clone cut, and seeds, passed down from my father who was one of the original grower/breeders involved with Pine Bud aka Romulan. What I offer is not anything like the hybrid crossed BS that came out of the white rhino crosses. I have never introduced anything to Romulan, other than itself, to make Romulan seeds. My regs are pure rom, and the S1 is obviously pure. She took some serious work just to learn how to get her to flip for reversal.. she is stubborn as all hell in that area. If you look at the pics you shared, my Romulan looks very much the same.

The old hybrid crossed shit should never have been sold as Rom in my opinion.. if you introduce a totally separate cultivar, there is no excuse for keeping the name of either of the P1 plants.. it MUST HAVE a new name at that point. Federation Seeds, and others since have offered nothing but a watered down version of Romulan.. and that is very sad considering her history. That is why I came out of the shadows and started this campaign of releasing the only thing I have left from my fathers life. Ive gifted cuts for years before making this seed company. The driving force for me, has been and will be, that my life has been changed by this cultivar. Im off medication I was on for years. My nerve pain issues are much easier to live with. My PTSD is manageable now. Life is better.. so I am sharing, in the hopes that those that need, will find relief like me.

Cheers :tiphat:

T

TakenByTheSky

On point dude, to quote Johnny Cash, "lies need to be covered up, the truth can run around naked".

RomulanJake

Neptune Seed Bank is going to be also distributing our seeds soon! This means more options for customers, and maybe some unique special offerings that only they will carry. ;)

We will always sell direct to customers through our own website, and this does not mean we are raising prices suddenly or anything like that. It just means another seedbank will sell our gear on top what we already have in partners. Im excited :)

jonnyfli

Neptune Seed Bank is going to be also distributing our seeds soon! This means more options for customers, and maybe some unique special offerings that only they will carry. ;)

We will always sell direct to customers through our own website, and this does not mean we are raising prices suddenly or anything like that. It just means another seedbank will sell our gear on top what we already have in partners. Im excited :)

a good move jake :thank you:

NENugger

I looked at the whole grow pic thread and it was riveting, Righteous! This plant looks interesting . looking forward to reading the smoke reports. Thanks RoomlanJake

smile

Hi Jake,

When will you be doing a restock?

Want to pick up some pure Romulan along with Stromulan.

Will more seeds be ready soon?

Thanks!

prune

Veteran
I'm finishing up a flower run of DH's Romulan clone and it's amazing how morphologicaly similar it is to GG4. So much so, that I was forced to smoke some 6wk bud just to be sure...

Prodigygrower

Veteran
If this is the cut of rom I just smoked from archive in Portland I will no doubt be making the drive for a cut from dark horse. This is bomb smoke gassy pine loud herb.

dufous

I got the pine scent when the plants started flowering. Later they smelled like candied ginger. Spicy and peppery. Cured in the jars it has a rich coffee scent. The stone is a powerful couch lock indica effect. I take it in the evening to help me sleep. Works great.

Bagster

Man I havent seen romulan in YEARS. It is one of my all time fav smokes.. used to be around here quite a bit back in the day. I gta grab some of these beans. Or a cut

TexanTerps

Hats off to you Jake, bless the memory of your father, if it werent for you I would have never heard of him. The work with vets, all that. This is class in releasing genetics.

indagroove

Veteran
I got the pine scent when the plants started flowering. Later they smelled like candied ginger. Spicy and peppery. Cured in the jars it has a rich coffee scent. The stone is a powerful couch lock indica effect. I take it in the evening to help me sleep. Works great.

I've noticed that pine scent is one of those which can change drastically with a good cure. I grew a grapefruit this year that came out straight pine, and I was a bit disappointed. However, after a month or two cure the grapefruit came out from under the pine, which was quite pleasant.

dufous

This strain is a stinker in flower. For those considering a grow, it won't be a stealthy one. One of my swamp gardens got found this year, by a friendly, so that's okay, but it's compromised. Something to keep in mind. I don't regret the grow, it's awesome. I got the Ring of Fire for next year.

jjonahjameson

That's exactly how my cure went too. Pine at first when young and raw, now a deep coffee-like dank earth scent.
I enjoy this one at night though if I overdo it I tend to get more of an adrenaline-filled rush than I care for. Can be anxiety inducing at times, though mixed with some CBD 1:1 in the bowl makes it more manageable.

RomulanJake

I finally figured out how to log back in to my account!

Hopefully this means Ill be back lurking around in here..

Below is our newest cultivar. Its a collaboration with Katsu Seeds, and is available through our website right now.

Regular seeds - Blazerunner (F1) [GMO x Romulan]

Click image for larger version  Name:	PSX_20210630_154544 copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	17901990

Click image for larger version  Name:	xx4 copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.0 KB ID:	17901989

Attachments

• PSX_20210630_154544 copy.jpg
    PSX_20210630_154544 copy.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: