What's new

Repuk Goes to the Jungle (2020)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Oaxaca '79 x Panama

Oaxaca '79 x Panama

I have a crush on her, I admit. What an elegant and slender sativa. She clearly differentiates from the rest. Possibly the most wild and vigorous plant in the flower room, a real Queen.

She was FIM'ed and repotted horizontally, but still has developed a huge main stem like an arch, thicker than my thumb...

Quick shot with the phone last night:

picture.php

By mid flower she had a delicious sweet yummy tropical fruity scent that drove me crazy, but was impossible for me to identify it. Now that has subdued, and some funky notes to Bovril/sweat are developing on top :yay: frankincense, :yummy:.

Wasn't sure as Kalichina is near, but no, I sniffed her intimately. Funnily the meat concentrate/Bovril like scent is very similar to Kalichina.

Not 100% sure due to the freaking HPS light, but she seems to have really beautiful yellow/gold/saffron pistyls and ovaries.

Not experienced with her enough to pinpoint where this pheno leans to, but I think I see little Panamá for now.

She's starting to develop foxtails, but doesn't look Panamá to me, more like an hybrid shape to me eye, really thick.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kalichina Done

Kalichina Done

She started smelling to deep ripe mango, then that was buried under a rather loud bovril/meat concentrate scent, which has subdued, and now a perfumey incense high and penetrant note took over on top, the whole grow room smelled to her this morning.

Considering to chop upper colas and leave the rest to bulk up.

picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

When I retuurned from taking the pics this morning, I was gloriously smelling to her, just by the rubbing propping her for the pics. :dance013:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
C5 Haze x Kalichina 9 weeks

C5 Haze x Kalichina 9 weeks

picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

Sour cantaloupe scents on this one on previous weeks.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Oaxaca '79 x Panama

Oaxaca '79 x Panama

9 Weeks:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scent: Sweet Tropical fruits, with a funky "meatiness" on top.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Satori Chopped @10 Weeks

Satori Chopped @10 Weeks

Sadly lost on top and half of main one due to botritys.

Scent: Perfumey, gluey, soapy incense (ala Nag Champa Blue).

The most indica looking buds on any sativa hybrid plant I've grown so far, super dense and hard. Let's see how's the smoke.

Not keeping the cut, at least from growing traits is not a keeper and have plenty of Mandala Seeds to go through.

Canopy shot (one cola amputated due to rot)

picture.php

Main Top
picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

Another top
picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

First time I keep the fans, fresh froze them along with what I salvaged from the main top, getting some extract bags soon to make bubble hash.

Mountainkush

Love your new setup repuk! I’m very jealous
A great read and amazing pictures.
Noticed you mention taking some with with grow glasses and a smartphone and that’s how I take most of mine now so I don’t have to take my plants out of the tent. Works pretty good.

Love the crab spider. That’s pretty cool.

I might of missed it but wondering how often are you feeding your indoor plants in flower?

Trying something new this round(as usual) and have my pump running about 15-20 seconds every hour with each line being adjustable so they all get a small amount of runoff after the first couple waterings. Still dialing in feed strength and adjusting individual flow between plants but seems to be working way better than when I was hand feeding once or twice a day.

Can’t wait to see how these ladies turn out. Hope the Nepal mist x OTH pollination turns out good for ya. I have some Nepal mist(f3) and Nepal Annapurna x Nepal mist(f2) coming that I’m excited to explore myself.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks Mountainkush!

regarding feeding schedules, I experimented in the past; frequent but short drippings, three drips per day, two...

End up doing only one, mainly for two reasons:

- Keeping moisture all day long led to pests flourishing. In this new spot fungus gnats are all around, to the point of considering predatory nematodes, frequent drips here would be a no-go.

- I grow lots of different strains, and some are also really picky regarding wet/dry cycles.

Thanks Bibi40! She's being chopped as soon as there's space in the drying tent, really curious to smoke her!

She's so far one of the potential keepers this round, I usually abuse cuts so that they don't become big, also to see how they handle stress and suboptimal conditions.

This one is possibly one of the hardiest in the clone tent, along with the Purple Pakistani Haze.

gorilla ganja

Try the nematodes,. repuk. They are super easy, just water in. I pretreat everything with them now.
They work great, especially for gnats.

Peace GG

Mountainkush

That makes sense and I completely understand. This is my first run with more than 2 feeds a day and seems to be going well so far. No problems with pests in the house.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Gotta try some of these new hybrids. Can’t wait to hear what you think of violeta and the ox pan cross, those should have both looks and effects covered.
Is this the first time you have run both of those repuk?

gr8fulguitr

Looking good. The Violeta looks like it is not from this earth, and so delicate and elegante.
The smells from the KaliChina are sounding wonderful.
I find the mango/{?carrot?} in mid flower but it disappears toward the end. It always goes incense at harvest for me.
...Maravilloso.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Gorilla Ganja, I finally was able to source Bacilus Turigiensis Israeliensis, should be receiving them soon. Will become part of my routine prevention.

@Cakeboy I've run Violeta before, from reg seed. Relaxing, positive, great taste. She's drying now.

Oaxaca '79 x Panama (Kalichina???) is the first time. She'll be chopped today or tomorrow, drying tent has Violeta and C5 Haze x KC drying.

Count with the smooke report!

@gr8fulguitr: this Kalichina has been the most freaky plant terpene wise I've grown...

Initial fruity touches morphed into nose-piercing metallic, clean engine/machining oil with a deep red berries background, then evolved to green onions sauté funk, then to dark musty background of onions sauté + incense.

While drying, opening the tent gave you a whiff of Pate de Canard.

Sadly, I've screwed drying her... one extra day was too much, from 80% went almost straight to 40% RH. :spanky:

Smooth smoke, green smell yet, hints of incense, she smokes surprisingly good taking into account my screwup. Seems to pack potency, my mate reported "foot on chest" feeling, and he's also a heavyweight.

Good I have some cuts from her, gonna repeat for sure.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Oaxaca '79 x Kali China

Oaxaca '79 x Kali China

Oaxaca '79 x Kali China Harvested.

Yes, this is not xPanama, this is x KaliChina, F3xF4 line for sure, happened to grew one next to her, and the analogies popped out... a mislabelling.

Really eager to try her smoke... as a plant is a definitive keeper: fast rooting clones, aggressive rooting, hardy, drought resistant... not a tad fussy with food levels either.

Budsite/fans arrangement reminds me a lot to Kali Mist, I defoliated her in 10 minutes, lovely internodal space and structure for an indoor. First time I notice perfectly developed "upside down" buds, with fans turned 180 to catch the light (Not pictured here).

picture.php

picture.php

Branches were floppy, leaning to the ground due to the load, with all even, golf-ball sized, "rosebud" looking buds with huge thick calyxes stacking into "single fingers", reminds me to fatty worms.

picture.php

picture.php

Scent (overtone) is super close to Kali China, sort of funky musty onions sauté with incense on top. But scent were really different at mid flower, Oax had a superyummy "tropical fruit mix" where you couldn't pinpoint a single fruit.

Sorry for the pics... C5 Hz x KC puts me in "machine production mode"... remembered I had not taken pics in the middle of the defoliation, so took them as I could with one hand holding the branch to shoot, and another with the phone.

I have to see this girl doing its thing outdoors, right now trying to reveg.

Drying now.

OZZ_

Veteran
Oaxaca '79 x Kali China Harvested.

Yes, this is not xPanama, this is x KaliChina, F3xF4 line for sure, happened to grew one next to her, and the analogies popped out... a mislabelling.

Really eager to try her smoke... as a plant is a definitive keeper: fast rooting clones, aggressive rooting, hardy, drought resistant... not a tad fussy with food levels either.

Budsite/fans arrangement reminds me a lot to Kali Mist, I defoliated her in 10 minutes, lovely internodal space and structure for an indoor. First time I notice perfectly developed "upside down" buds, with fans turned 180 to catch the light (Not pictured here).

View Image

View Image

Branches were floppy, leaning to the ground due to the load, with all even, golf-ball sized, "rosebud" looking buds with huge thick calyxes stacking into "single fingers", reminds me to fatty worms.

View Image

View Image

Scent (overtone) is super close to Kali China, sort of funky musty onions sauté with incense on top. But scent were really different at mid flower, Oax had a superyummy "tropical fruit mix" where you couldn't pinpoint a single fruit.

Sorry for the pics... C5 Hz x KC puts me in "machine production mode"... remembered I had not taken pics in the middle of the defoliation, so took them as I could with one hand holding the branch to shoot, and another with the phone.

I have to see this girl doing its thing outdoors, right now trying to reveg.

Drying now.

Sautéed musty onions.... Sounds delicious! Lol....

:smoke out:

Kijell

Oaxaca China looks good repuk!
More Kali China leaning I would say looking at bud structure and smell description.
Smell also changed for me at the end with no more lemon dominant flavour, now it is a sweet tropical fruit juice.
But in mid flavour there was only lemon smells lol.

Enjoy your harvest! :)