What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk Goes to the Jungle (2020)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
@c64 :yay:

They're just starting to kick into serious flowering, spraying them each week... caterpillars, grasshoppers... thankfully I realized the paper wasps that hang out on ErdPurt (around 40-50 stormed out of her at a given point when I was fertigating during the day) are predating caterpillars...

If Thai Chi makes it to the finish w/o issues, is gonna be an epic harvest...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
CBD #1's

CBD #1's

These plants require more time to mature and bulk, but once they do... take a lovely ball shape on their own, nice budding structure.

A and C looks like clones, lovely dark green leaves:

picture.php
picture.php

B Seems to be a different pheno, lighter green, slightly more columnar

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
ErdPurt

ErdPurt

picture.php

I'd say a week, maybe two and will be done though she's fattening really fast. Roasted coffee, sugary/caramel aromas.

Plenty of grasshoppers and specially caterpillars on this plant (they seem to target the most dense, in flower plants)...

Was super pissed off at the beggining because she had always plenty of paper wasps (Polistes dominula) going on her, but couldn't spot any paper nest... then realized they were there predating so left them unmolested... just supercareful moving around them if I needed to fertigate during the day... not the most aggressive wasps as long as you're not near their nest.

Koondense

Veteran
Those plants are amazing! Lovely job repuk, do you plan to defoliate or prune them at any point during flower? Looking quite thick.

Cheers

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks guys! :tiphat:

@Koondense: I usually don't defoliate, only what the plant points me to, and they do along flower. Never grew these outdoor, let's see.

The ErdPurt I had to prop a little the colas, that was dense...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Bye Bye Hakaphos Basis 4

Bye Bye Hakaphos Basis 4

Want to wholeheartedly thank c64, I wouldn't be using salts to begin with if it werent by you, thanks! :tiphat:

Run out of Basis 4, last reservoir mixed, from now on it will be Hakaphos Soft Ultra + CalMag + 100% RO.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Fronk! :tiphat: I bet you'll be drooling over those Kalichinas cured buds soon!!

Mixed a 15L backpack with neem, h2O2 and potash soap and gave the girls a thorough spraying/drench, will be doing so until I empty it, guess 2 times more.

Getting crazy with caterpillars, micro grasshoppers, moths and white fly.

Next to Flower
First clone I'm taking OD to repeat outdoor: Kalichina.

The mom is the easiest to clone, roots fast, grows fast, yields super nice with loud and unique terpenes, and have IMHO a really good NLDiness to its effect to be an all day smoke.

I'm surprised to be one of the most sought after jars for me lately, even while I screwed at drying and is bone dry, almost disintegrating into powder when squished.

I'm finding she also improves patience... hence my day preference for her I guess :D.

So, repotted her to an "outdoors" white bucket filled with 2/3 coco, left her indoors in veg today, will bring her outside to start aclimatizing tonight.

She stretches like mad in flower (really sat dom pheno), thought shall be finishing by mid/late October... so hope diverting her energy into rooting and getting acclimated for the outdoors heat will contain her stretch an help shape her.

She's on an non isolated indoors spot, still around 6 degrees less than outside, but same RH, so hope the transition will be quick and effortless for her.

Attempting an Air layer at the Oaxaca '79 x KC and Kalichakra moms which will be the next to follow kalichina outdoors as soon as I have a rooted clone.

Sunshineinabag

@c64 :yay:

They're just starting to kick into serious flowering, spraying them each week... caterpillars, grasshoppers... thankfully I realized the paper wasps that hang out on ErdPurt (around 40-50 stormed out of her at a given point when I was fertigating during the day) are predating caterpillars...

If Thai Chi makes it to the finish w/o issues, is gonna be an epic harvest...

Where I live the blue jays seem to hammer wasps. Saw it happen the other day...and thought wow you cranky bastards are good for something lol

bibi40

Hi Repuk ,

how are you ?

did you scale auto zamaldelica at this point ?
eager about the result ,
and perhaps an early smoke test ?

cheers .

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
High guys!!! :tiphat:

@Sunshineinabag: I suspect there's plenty of paper wasp nests in a close fig tree. Plenty of all kind of birds around too have to watch out not to put a plant underneath somewhere they land or plant will get sh*tted to no end... birds and my hens help keeping grashopper and tick population at bay. Sadly people have been spraying the nearby fields and lots of birds have died...

@gr8fulguitr I can now attest wasps did a great job. Not a single chrysalis or obvious caterpillar damage or leftovers. Is a bummer to have them there, specially when watering during the day... I just watered ErdPurt always the last not to disturb the wasps until I was good to go...

@c64: thanks!!! and thanks to you, rocking with salts!

ErdPurt
I chopped ErdPurt yesterday:

picture.php

picture.php

First time in my life I did a thorough bud washing.

I was full of crap... the tubs have plenty of debris and sh*t... #1 water ever changed color...

Washing

I added

- 200ml/7oz Lemon Juice
- 200gr/7oz Baking Soda

To tub #1 full with RO. Second Tub just RO. Tubs are 50L/13Gal

Start with the cleanest branches, finish with the filthiest.

1.- Take branch, defoliate, trim (first time in my life I do scissor trim, I always use my hands but this girl was like a cabagge).

2.- Immerse in tub #1 and agitate back and forth in all motions without hitting the tub walls, take out let it drip the excess...

3.- Immerse in tub #2, agitate, etc. rinse.

4.- Hang to Dry

Just after finishing... (man I bet I will get used quick to these coco yields outdoors!!!)

picture.php

Left them outdoors drying in the fresh night wind for four hours, then hung them inside to dry with a oscilating fan + extraction set to kick in at RH > 65%.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
@bibi40: Having a blast with so many beautiful ladies in flower!

I haven't sorry... and I'd say 15% is gone already. I filled three 6L mason jars with her, buds well stuffed inside, would be four jars if packed loose.

One thing is for sure, it yielded close to an 1/2Kg - an ounce or more on the more NLD one, though I'd say is a 50% nld pheno, seen others more NLD.

I find we all reach for her jar constantly... smooth tasty smoke, very potent (8-9 over 10 scale) almost straight after drying with no cure... impressed for an auto.

Has some comedown at the end. Definitely sleep inducer if overindulged.

Found a handful non viable seeds, I let her went well into ripeness, so looks like rodelization.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kalichina

Kalichina

Ran outdoors this time from the cut, waiting for a terp peak or lush going away to chop:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts