What's new

Republicans and marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zogby poll last summer reflects 52% of a 4,000 head count answering in the affirmative to the question; does it make sense for the government to "tax and regulate" marijuana.
The same question posed in a similar CA poll reflected a 56% affirmative.
The last poll of that nature, conducted by ABC News, reflected 46% support of the ~4,000 polled.

This is hardly a majority of Americans in favor of marijuana legalization. A short majority may be in favor of the government getting their stinking hands in on the deal, but nothing points to the nation being in consensus on this issue of legalization.
And the numbers shown in the 2006 congressional vote don't seem to reflect the numbers shown by the polls. So, there seems to be some disparagement between what the constituency seems to want and what congress is voting.
Mind you, I don't give a whole lot of weight to polls...and in fact most of the time they are simply more ammo to use in the mind fuck. But one would read this thread and think that it was cut and dried that America wants legalization...but that is clearly not being reflected anywhere.

And often times there are many other reasons folks don't vote on bills. Not simply because they are voting against the key legislation. Hell, the assholes in congress will earmark the thing to death with pork and all sorts of crazy shit, and it just may be the crazy shit attached that is being voted against. This happens more often than not.
So don't go rubbing each others nut sack in glee over a post of a congressional vote as evidence of anything really. These people put things into legislation JUST SO THE OPPOSITION WON'T VOTE FOR IT then they cry out to the public how the key legislation was halted by the mean and evil minded republican that just doesn't get it.

But nice try.

btw...I love the thumbs up thing...so we can see the nut rubbins. LOL....

Read the bill, it comes up every year, they vote on it around May every year. Show me the whacko shit in the actual bill you refer to sure would help. Because I read the bill and can't imagine what you are referring to.

I think that marijuana would have been legal in 2006 if not for the republicans. This isn't a poll this is legislation. This bill was written in a bipartisan spirit each year and not only co signed but co authored.

So this back peddling about not being suitable for certain members of a party probably isn't so, since any republican interested in the legislation had his input included.

This is year after year. Get's old that the republicans getting voted in are doing this.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Mind you, I don't give a whole lot of weight to polls...and in fact most of the time they are simply more ammo to use in the mind fuck.

They also reflect public opinion, something you're sure to have a disagreement with from time to time, just like everybody else. But the Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment wasn't a poll.

But one would read this thread and think that it was cut and dried that America wants legalization...but that is clearly not being reflected anywhere.
That's an interesting take. IMO, one would read this thread and draw their own conclusion(s). But if they're open to the posts that verify individual, elected Republicans (by far) seek to stall progress or even block reform that's headed in the right direction, they might consider this evidence when voting for/against these individuals.

And often times there are many other reasons folks don't vote on bills. Not simply because they are voting against the key legislation. Hell, the assholes in congress will earmark the thing to death with pork and all sorts of crazy shit, and it just may be the crazy shit attached that is being voted against. This happens more often than not.
Now that's a fair argument, for ANY congressional impulse. Don't worry, nobody will force you to acknowledge anything you choose to ignore. The rest of will consider the info and draw our own conclusion. You can disagree by showing more info and less personal opinion (or) you can call others out you disagree with. I find it rare, if ever you have corrected any nonfactual discourse. You're strong point is having an opinion that supersedes your willingness to allow the opposition the same.

So don't go rubbing each others nut sack in glee over a post of a congressional vote as evidence of anything really.
Totally disgusting. I guess you're an advocate of negative rep for political disagreements because I've received multiples from yourself.

These people put things into legislation JUST SO THE OPPOSITION WON'T VOTE FOR IT then they cry out to the public how the key legislation was halted by the mean and evil minded republican that just doesn't get it.

But nice try.
Interesting take since Rohrbacher is a Republican. Do you realize you basically opine that this bill failed because of pork and divisiveness? You're not going to find out that type of info unless you're willing to do your due diligence. Are you aware this bill has been reintroduced multiple times?

btw...I love the thumbs up thing...so we can see the nut rubbins. LOL....
Read the info and make up your own mind folks, unless you're worried about hoosier's insults.:)

:chin: What's that word again........divisive. :biglaugh:

B

bj368

together we stand

together we stand

get your head out of your butt and quit blaming republicans or democrats . there is just as many dems agaist it as repubs. they use the letters beside there names like ( R = repub D = dem.) to keep us diveded i bet you could look at most of the votes on the senate floor and with out them letters beside there names you would not know who was dem or repub . i would bet that you have know idea how the canidates from your state votes . i bet you get most of your info from some channell like cnn ,fox, msnbc , or other biased news outlets . these station all have there own agenda and its not about informing us of the truth its about gettind people to watch !!!! ratings thats all they care about . dems and repubs play us agiast each other to keep us divided . because if we get together they would have no control over us. its all our faults till we unite .

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
get your head out of your butt and quit blaming republicans or democrats . there is just as many dems agaist it as repubs.

That's quite the contrary, bj. You won;t find articles in the daily papers reporting Democrats stalling, thwarting or rolling back reform. That means all the pols that are taking active measures are Republicans.

My democratic governor says she'll veto any reform legislation that lands on her desk. But that hasn't taken place yet.

Go back and read the thread, bj. You won't find very many (if any) democrats actively thwarting reform. We weren't discussing the fact that many legislators avoid the third rail of mj politics. But they're not taking a stand in opposition. We're talking about the individual elected officials from around the country that are taking it on themselves to regress. And they are by far republicans

they use the letters beside there names like ( R = repub D = dem.) to keep us diveded i bet you could look at most of the votes on the senate floor and with out them letters beside there names you would not know who was dem or repub .
Not in this congress. It's so polarized one would have to be asleep to not recognize partisan politics at this level. For health care reform, not a single Republican voted for it. One doesn't need Ds and Rs to see which side of the aisle these folks align.

i would bet that you have know idea how the canidates from your state votes .
You're the one that has no idea. I keep up with the votes of my senators and representatives from the national as well as state and local level. If one doesn't do their homework, one doesn't know which candidate represents their best interests. That's just political science 101. Try a course in it as well as civics, you'll learn some of the stuff you don't take into consideration, running elections and government for 300+ million peeps that don't all agree on the same policies.

i bet you get most of your info from some channell like cnn ,fox, msnbc , or other biased news outlets . these station all have there own agenda and its not about informing us of the truth its about gettind people to watch !!!! ratings thats all they care about . dems and repubs play us agiast each other to keep us divided . because if we get together they would have no control over us. its all our faults till we unite .
The media is the 4th estate of government. Granted, they're not your fathers journalists but I'm still able to differentiate between news, opinion, spin and lies. If I get a mistake today I don't recognize, I expect to hear a correction in a following news broadcast. That's not such a bad thing. Even reporters get their stories ferked up on occasion. Judy Miller comes to mind big time.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
The far-right extremists have gone into conniptions.

The bullying, threats, and acts of violence following the passage of health care reform have been shocking, but they’re only the most recent manifestations of an increasing sense of desperation.

It’s an extension of a now-familiar theme: some version of “take our country back.” The problem is that the country romanticized by the far right hasn’t existed for some time, and its ability to deny that fact grows more dim every day. President Obama and what he represents has jolted extremists into the present and forced them to confront the future. And it scares them.

Even the optics must be irritating. A woman (Nancy Pelosi) pushed the health care bill through the House. The bill’s most visible and vocal proponents included a gay man (Barney Frank) and a Jew (Anthony Weiner). And the black man in the White House signed the bill into law. It’s enough to make a good old boy go crazy.

Hence their anger and frustration, which is playing out in ways large and small. There is the current spattering of threats and violence, but there also is the run on guns and the explosive growth of nefarious antigovernment and anti-immigrant groups. In fact, according to a report entitled “Rage on the Right: The Year in Hate and Extremism” recently released by the Southern Poverty Law Center, “nativist extremist” groups that confront and harass suspected immigrants have increased nearly 80 percent since President Obama took office, and antigovernment “patriot” groups more than tripled over that period.

Politically, this frustration is epitomized by the Tea Party movement. It may have some legitimate concerns (taxation, the role of government, etc.), but its message is lost in the madness. And now the anemic Republican establishment, covetous of the Tea Party’s passion, is moving to absorb it, not admonish it. Instead of jettisoning the radical language, rabid bigotry and rising violence, the Republicans justify it. (They don’t want to refute it as much as funnel it.)

There may be a short-term benefit in this strategy, but it’s a long-term loser.

A Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday took a look at the Tea Party members and found them to be just as anachronistic to the direction of the country’s demographics as the Republican Party. For instance, they were disproportionately white, evangelical Christian and “less educated ... than the average Joe and Jane Six-Pack.” This at a time when the country is becoming more diverse (some demographers believe that 2010 could be the first year that most children born in the country will be nonwhite), less doctrinally dogmatic, and college enrollment is through the roof. The Tea Party, my friends, is not the future.

You may want “your country back,” but you can’t have it. That sound you hear is the relentless, irrepressible march of change. Welcome to America: The Remix.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That bill made a whole lot of rich people, a lot richer and was sold as 30 second sound bytes of compassion for the tunnel vision crowd.

I reckon "conniptions" will be seen as an understatement in a couple of years.

Oh, but wait, the Republicans are going to run on REPEAL in 2010. :biglaugh:

Eh, the simple games they give the American people to play.

It's like watching a kitten with yarn.
Yarn-Kitty-500.jpg

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We may all need some health care here pretty soon.

The boys at the Washington Post are throwing around idea of using tactical nukes on Iran. Ya know. Just a well respected thinktank tossing around around ideas about nuking people and getting good press in the Washington Post. It's all gravy baby. Toss around the idea to condition Pavlov's Dog. It's called Militarization.

Israel could use tactical nukes on Iran: thinktank

But now a respected Washington think tank has said that low-radioactive yield "tactical" nuclear warheads would be one way for the Israelis to destroy Iranian uranium enrichment plants in remote, dug-in fortifications.

Despite the 65-year-old taboo against carrying out -- or, for that matter, mooting -- nuclear strikes, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) says in a new report that "some believe that nuclear weapons are the only weapons that can destroy targets deep underground or in tunnels."

There has been speculation that the United States -- which, like Israel, has not ruled out military force to deny Iran atomic arms -- could itself resort to tactical nuclear strikes.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Head, you people throw all the baseless charges you want. There was nothing that would prompt such a story, other than the lies being told by your leaders and being passed around by lemmings like yourself.

There was no violence by the Tea Party demonstrators. Nobody was arrested, and no charges have been filed on anyone. Nor does any tape be it audio or video that shows any of the things that your leadership claimed happened.

What is happening here is a classic example of the game that the left plays. Demonize, divide and conquer. And the reason for it is two fold....
For one, these leftist bastards want to shape public opinion about how the right is. They want everyone to think the "right" is nothing but the good ol boy network of illiterate people that have nothing but hate and violence in their hearts.
Well there may well be a good bit of hate floating around, but the violence has been non existent. But I'm certain that the hate in the hearts of right6 wingers is surely far worse a sin than any sort of hate the left would carry...say like against Bush? Yeah, that sort of hate is OK when it is so justified, yes?

The second reason this thing is playing out like this, is because immigration reform is the next debacle this African is going to throw on us and shove down the throat of the public without majority will. And no better way to demonize the right on for that issue but to use the race card? That is exactly what this whole thing is about..from the very second those fucks walked into the capitol to vote they have been planning this. It fits their style and agenda perfectly.

Sad that folks like Head buy it, and even post up bullshit papers about it. Of course he doesn't link what fucked up radical website he got it from. I suspect the Daily KOS or some other fine organization.

I tell you what. You leftists are the REAL haters and the REAL RACISTS.
And I loathe the race game you fucks play with every fiber of my being. Mad? You fucking bet I am mad. Cocksuckers like you are trying to ruin our nation, and it won't take long when there are lots of people around who are willing to lie and back up lies about people with dissenting views.

Shit is going to get deep real soon. Keep fucking around and passing on the lies.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Baseless My ASS.... You only wish some portion of what I posted was baseless.... Tea party leadership knows, though, and they have admonished some of the radical behavior of these nutjobs ...

Tea party organizers condemn threats, violence in wake of health-care vote
By Kenneth P. Vogel and Jake Sherman
POLITICO
Updated: 03/25/2010 11:34:19 AM CDT

Tea party organizers across the country are condemning the harassment and threats of violence against House Democrats who voted in favor of the health care overhaul that passed the House Sunday.

Though individual tea partiers - and many Republicans — have distanced themselves from the threats and deemed them unaffiliated with the movement, the condemnations mark a more forceful response and indicate a keen awareness of the damage that being linked to them could do to the tea party brand. There hasn't been any hard evidence that the reported harassment is linked to the tea party movement, but Democrats have tried to draw the link between the harassment and the sometimes-inflammatory rhetoric that tea partiers and Republicans deployed in opposing the health care overhaul.

The organizers of some major Florida tea party groups, for instance, on Thursday morning released an open letter to Congress and President Barack Obama declaring they "stand in stark opposition to any person using derogatory characterizations, threats of violence, or disparaging terms toward members of Congress or the President."

The letter calls the tea parties "a peaceful movement" and says its leaders denounce "all forms of violence" and "support all efforts to bring (any perpetrators) to justice and have encouraged full cooperation within our movement and have asked for the same from the members of Congress who have laid such claims."

The letter is signed by leaders of two statewide tea party coalitions, the state chapter of the Washington-based FreedomWorks and local and regional tea party groups in Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Deerfield Beach and Viera, among others.
Brendan Steinhauser, who helps organize local tea parties around the country for FreedomWorks, issued a statement Thursday declaring "Political violence is both immoral and ineffective, and will only set the movement back."

He said he is "reminding all grassroots leaders that it's important to focus our efforts on peaceful, political efforts like protests, office visits, letters, petitions and of course, voting."

However, he also urged caution in attributing violence or threats of violence to tea party activists.

"We must remember that the folks committing these acts are small in number, extreme in their methods and not yet proven to be members of our movement," he said. "But we must be diligent in denouncing all acts of political violence and racism, when they occur."

A coalition of Colorado tea party groups expressed similar sentiments in a Thursday morning press release. The release said "Tea party and similar groups across Colorado are saddened tonight to hear of threats made upon Democratic lawmakers in response to the passing their recent health insurance reform legislation, specifically ... Rep. Betsy Markey," a Colorado Democrat.

Markey's office notified police it received a phone call Saturday in which the caller told a staffer "You better hope I don't run into you in a dark alley with a club, a knife or a gun."

The Colorado tea party release emphasizes "it does not appear that these threats stemmed from those within Colorado's tea party movement." But it adds "organizers and members alike are firmly denouncing any acts of intimidation or threat. Statewide, Tea Party leadership has encouraged disappointed members to get involved in the political process rather than dwell on the passage of the health care bill."

The release quotes Northern Colorado Tea Party director Lesley Hollywood saying "although many are frustrated by the passage of such controversial legislation, threats are absolutely not acceptable in any form, to any lawmaker, of any party."

Hollywood, a member of a statewide tea party leadership team, added: "I can assure you that myself and my colleagues will take immediate action if any of these allegations are discovered to be connected to our organizations. At this time, our internal investigations have not revealed any correlation between the threats and the Tea Party."

And Toby Marie Walker, co-founder of the 5,000-member Waco, Texas, Tea Party, as well as Mark Skoda, organizer of the Memphis, Tenn., Tea Party and a leader in an umbrella group called the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition, said Thursday morning that their respective groups were drafting statement that will condemn the violence.

Walker emphasized "we do not condone" offensive "language, racial slurs or other poor behavior," adding "we discourage it and will have (perpetrators) removed from our events."

The tea party movement is a sprawling and decentralized loosely aligned network of local, regional and state groups that is deeply suspicious of authority - including efforts to develop a more cohesive structure for their own movement. That both makes self-policing efforts difficult, and also makes it tricky to determine which threats came from folks associated with the movement.

But it's undeniable that threats of violence and allegations of harassment have hit a fever pitch since the health care overhaul passed the House Sunday. Virginia Democratic Rep. Tom Perriello's brother's address was posted online and he later had his gas lines cut, prompting an FBI investigation. Local police are keeping an eye on Perriello's brother's home.

Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., has gotten threatening faxes, phone calls and death threats. House Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., received a messaged saying that snipers were being deployed to kill those members who voted yes for health care.

Rep. Dennis Cardoza, D-Calif., said he has gotten threats, as has Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, D-Md.

Rep. Steve Driehaus, D-Ohio, whose family was put in a newspaper advertisement last week, had his address posted on the Internet, urging a protest. He has received threats.

Rep. Russ Carnahan, D-Mo.. Sunday night had a coffin placed on his lawn during a prayer vigil.

Some members are moving their spouses out of their district while they are legislating in Washington, Rep. Phil Hare, D-Ill., told POLITICO Wednesday. And the FBI and Capitol Police met with Democrats Wednesday afternoon, urging them to report all incidents of harassment. The Capitol Police said they would do security assessments of members' homes and district offices.

Tea party organizers have struggled in recent months to clamp down on fringe elements that have sprung up around - and sometimes within - the movement, including white supremacists and conspiracy theorists who believe that the government played a role in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks ("truthers") or that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States and is therefore ineligible to be president ("birthers").

And tea party leaders quickly denounced slurs reportedly directed at House Democrats during Washington rallies before Sunday's vote, pointing out they were not representative of most tea partiers and urging protesters to stay focused on the movement's core issues of limited government and taxation.

Others pushed back against the reports and suggested either that reporters and lawmakers had fabricated them from whole cloth, or that the epithets were yelled by tea party opponents who had infiltrated the crowds in an effort to taint them. Some even asked for apologies from Democrats who seized on the reports to criticize all the tea party protesters.

But tea party leaders are concerned that the reported slurs and threats - covered aggressively by media they see as biased against them - could dampen efforts to broaden the movement's appeal among independent and swing voters in the 2010 midterm congressional elections. And some grumble that the mainstream media seems all too eager to gloss over sometimes violent extremism on the left.

"Our entire movement has been smeared by the Democrats and the leftist media that averted their eyes from leftist violence at anti-globalization rallies, anti-war demonstrations, outside the RNC and at other events," said FreedomWorks' Steinhauser. "There is a double standard when it comes to covering how extremist elements on the left and the right behave."

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Head, you people throw all the baseless charges you want. Cocksuckers like you are trying to ruin our nation, and it won't take long when there are lots of people around who are willing to lie and back up lies about people with dissenting views.

Shit is going to get deep real soon. Keep fucking around and passing on the lies.

LMAO... poor little pissed off looser, name calling, tantrum throwing child. Your ilk has nearly ruined our nation. Bill Clinton had everything all sorted and your best friend Bush fucked it all back up. This country has been deep in shit for 8 of the last 9 years, thanks to the republican party.

Thank goodness the Dems grew enough balls to use their majority.

BTW... you need a waaaaaaambulance every time Disco points out what an asshat you are, but you're gonna call me a cocksucker? Typical republican Hypocrite.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
hot-blooded partisanship aside, do NOT warrant insurrection; despite what the so-called "Tea Baggers", Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck might be suggesting.
what the hell is wrong with everyone these days..
let's just kill anyone who gets in our way!! the tea baggers are a joke!! IMVHO..
also, just remember the NSA is watching us all and can arrest us and anyone for ever if they wish and never press charges...thanks GWB!!!

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
hot-blooded partisanship aside, do NOT warrant insurrection; despite what the so-called "Tea Baggers", Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck might be suggesting.
what the hell is wrong with everyone these days..
let's just kill anyone who gets in our way!! the tea baggers are a joke!! IMVHO..

Indeeed.

"If the television images that come out of this gathering are of a bunch of nuts, the American people are going to say that these people aren't fit to lead the government," Yepsen says. "Republicans have to be mindful of what they're walking into."

Increasing Tensions

The rally comes at a time of heightened emotion and anger over the passage Sunday of national health care legislation, and new questions about whether Tea Party adherents have encouraged the harassment of congressional Democrats.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Maryland Democrat, has said threats have been made against more than 10 House members since the health care vote. He and Republican leaders are examining ways to respond to the surge in threats reported by House Democrats.

Home-district offices of House Democrats have been targeted by vandals in states that include New York, Kansas and Arizona. In Virginia, the FBI was called in to help county officials investigate a severed gas line leading to the home of Democratic Rep. Tom Perriello's brother. A blogger and Tea Party activist posted the address online, mistakenly listing it as Perriello's. The blogger encouraged activists to "drop by" the house for a "good face-to-face chat."

In a statement Wednesday, Perriello called on House and Senate leaders to "state unequivocally tonight that it is never OK to harm or threaten elected officials and their families with anything more than political retribution."

"Here in America," he said, "we settle our political differences at the ballot box."

Courting GOP-Leaning Tea Partiers

It's no surprise that Republican candidates and officials will head to Searchlight this weekend, given the size of the crowd and the potential for vote prospecting, says GOP strategist John Feehery.

"Republican leaders have a right to go anywhere to talk to people who want to oppose President Obama," he said. "And it doesn't make sense to go to war with Tea Party people, because they are mostly Republicans who want elected officials to live up to Republican Party ideals."

Feehery's assessment of Tea Partiers' political leanings was buttressed this week by a new national poll that found that 74 percent of voters who identify with the movement consider themselves Republicans or Republican-leaning independents.

The Quinnipiac University survey also found that 88 percent of the movement's adherents are white, 77 of them voted for GOP candidate Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential contest, and 15 percent voted for future President Obama.

The numbers underscore what many Republican leaders say they already know: A majority of Tea Party members are, indeed, mainstream but disaffected, fiscally conservative Republicans who felt abandoned by the Bush administration and are alarmed by government spending and deficits during the Obama administration. The fringe elements in the movement, they believe, are not reflective of the whole.

"They're not a wing of the Republican Party," Feehery says, "but a group of Republicans who are just plain pissed off at everybody."

Turmoil In Tea Town

But an ideological split is becoming increasingly clear within the diffuse and essentially leaderless national Tea Party movement. Some activists are receptive to Republicans who want to bring them into the fold, while others want to move forward as a separate third-party movement.

Perhaps nowhere is that playing out more publicly than in Nevada.

In recent weeks, more than a dozen Tea Party-affiliated activist groups have turned on businessman Scott Ashjian, who registered the "Tea Party of Nevada" with the state and filed to run for Senate against Reid in the fall.

"Scott Ashjian has nothing to do with the Tea Party movement," says former state Assemblywoman Sharron Angle, who will compete for the GOP Senate nomination in a June 8 primary. "I've been at Tea Parties all over the state — 14 of them — and I never saw Scott at any of them."

Ashjian has pushed back, calling the groups paranoid and accusing movement members of being in the thrall of Republicans. His assertions echo national Tea Party concerns about the role of prominent GOP lobbyist Dick Armey in the movement.

"We've reached out to the Tea Party here, but it is being led around on a leash by the Republican Party here in Las Vegas," says Ashjian, who plans to attend Saturday's rally but is not on the speaking schedule. "We are the only independent representation of the Tea Party here, and they are bitter."

Angle and other Nevada Republicans have suggested that Ashjian is a Reid plant — on the ballot to siphon votes away from the Republican senate candidate in a state where polls suggest that a generic Tea Party candidate could grab more than 15 percent of the vote. That's potentially enough, Angle says, to give Reid a fifth term — a state-level example of the national Republican Party's nightmare scenario this fall.

"It looks like a ruse is being perpetuated here," she says.

Ashjian says Angle's claims are preposterous.

Playing With Fire

Self-described big-tent Republican Cameron Lynch, a Washington-based political consultant, is among party members who caution against a full embrace of Tea Party adherents.

"We welcome the enthusiasm, but I personally, and hopefully the Republican Party, don't condone the racist and ethnic epithets," says Lynch, who previously worked for Republican senators Bob Dole, John Ashcroft and McCain.

Lynch says the GOP should court the Tea Party with a "side hug," not a full embrace. And he advises that Republican leaders issue a blanket statement affirming First Amendment rights to free speech but repudiating spitting on opponents, or yelling racist or misogynistic slurs.

"This is tough stuff, politics, but it doesn't mean we need to forego dignity," Lynch says.

Cautions Yepsen: "You can't go into a roomful of gas, light a match and say you're not responsible."

In the ramp-up to Saturday's Searchlight "showdown," Palin on her Facebook page announced the 20 Democrats she has targeted for defeat in November. She used a graphic depiction of a gun's cross hairs to pinpoint their districts.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
And to anyone who is inspired not to buy my seeds because of my politics..... (you know who you are)

Right On... more kind seeds for the liberals!

I've always assumed that anyone I piss off would deny me patronage.

Since hype marketing, greed driven policy, and pandering have never been part of my modus operandi, I'm not gonna do so now just because someone decides to deprive themselves of my genetics as a boycott in retribution for my politics. I'll continue to stand up for the truth, and continue to express my opinion. Thanks.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
And to anyone who is inspired not to buy my seeds because of my politics..... (you know who you are)

Right On... more kind seeds for the liberals!

I've always assumed that anyone I piss off would deny me patronage.

Since hype marketing, greed driven policy, and pandering have never been part of my modus operandi, I'm not gonna do so now just because someone decides to deprive themselves of my genetics as a boycott in retribution for my politics. I'll continue to stand up for the truth, and continue to express my opinion. Thanks.

Obviously it would be me your talking about. I wont buy your seeds as you obviously dont understand basic business principles. I could care less if you think your genetics are all that there are lots of great companies who offer products to customers without putting them down for there political views or leanings. You see this is more of a basic business practice thing... If your not intelligent enough to know that its bad business to not talk politics in such a devisive manner then you probably dont know its intelligent to remove bi sexual plants from your breeding projects.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Right on... less seeds for fascists, more seeds for intellectuals. No worries, bro... like most republicans your politics rule your policy.

Bad business and good business is unrelated to my political views or my expression of my political views. That's good or bad Public relations. I'm not into PR and hype and pandering. If people want what I have they'll have access to it. If they don't want what I've got because they have been politically duped, I could care less.

Enjoy whatever you buy and grow, and have a nice life.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Right on... less seeds for fascists, more seeds for intellectuals. No worries, bro... like most republicans your politics rule your policy.

So because I point out your ignorant business tactics and make it quite obvious that its your intelligence in question not your politics... you call me a fascist and a republican... lol

Im a libertarian and quite proud of it. I am conservative in my life I tend to take care of myself. That dont make me a Republican but like most morons throwing around labels.. you have no idea what they mean or if they apply.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
So because I point out your ignorant business tactics and make it quite obvious that its your intelligence in question not your politics... you call me a fascist and a republican... lol
No tactics used here... that's where you went wrong, Assuming I'm here marketing. Talk about ignorance, assumption is the quickest path to that state. I could give a shit about wooing customers by pandering, If people want what I have, they'll have access to it. Why bother hiding my views?
Im a libertarian and quite proud of it. I am conservative in my life I tend to take care of myself. That dont make me a Republican but like most morons throwing around labels.. you have no idea what they mean or if they apply.

:jerkit:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
New poll data out
WASHINGTON — More Americans now favor than oppose the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds — a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against the legislation.
By 49%-40%, those polled say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms — as "enthusiastic" or "pleased" — while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."

The largest single group, 48%, calls the legislation "a good first step" that needs to be followed by more action. And 4% say the bill itself makes the most important changes needed in the nation's health care system.

"After a century of striving, after a year of debate, after a historic vote, health care reform is no longer an unmet promise," Obama declared in a celebration at the Interior Department auditorium with members of Congress, leaders of advocacy groups and citizens whose personal stories were cited during the debate. "It is the law of the land."

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
No tactics used here... that's where you went wrong, Assuming I'm here marketing. Talk about ignorance, assumption is the quickest path to that state. I could give a shit about wooing customers by pandering, If people want what I have, they'll have access to it. Why bother hiding my views?

:jerkit:

Your avatar is ? Your company logo id presume. Creator of the product I had considered buying under your name is also a reference to what your selling. I think you are actually here marketing.. both your political agenda as well as your products. Im starting to think your trying to corner the liberal market ...:wave:

PS: this has gone on long enough and off topic long enough was a reasonable debate no reason to get it derailed by heads ego

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts