What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Republicans and marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
actually there was a time, in the 20' &/or 30's, when republicans were the liberals and dems were the conservative ones..can't remember exactly what caused the reversal/change..
too tired to look it up & been out of school to damn long to remember..

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody want to guess which city's federal building gets it next? It's a matter of time before a Beck fan/Dittohead takes action..
even when the point of the thread is explained to you on here, you still seem incapable of understanding the point. What is so difficult to understand?
fox news, palin, o'reilly, hannity, beck the list goes on, how can anyone defend the actions being taken by these people..
just puzzles me hoosier how you can defend the republican party..

This is the sort of thing that just has to be addressed. Look, pal...you have got to get a fucking grip here. For you to insinuate that Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh fans are terrorists, that are waiting to bomb a federal building or some other act of terrorism, is just completely ridiculous.

Look, I understand the point just fine...better than most apparently.
What I don't understand is who the fuck do you think you are? You have a whole lot of nerve making that sort of charge. Quite honestly, that is the sort of thing that folks really need to be bitch slapped for as soon as it comes out of their ignorant lips.
Straight up...you are a problem to society with those thoughts...problem is, many feel just like you do.
I feel sorry for your sad ass.

I tell you what, you list the indefensible acts that you claim these folks have committed.

What puzzles me is what sort of fucked up life have you had to have the fucked up thought about people that you do. Is it the media that feeds you this horse shit? School? Where the fuck do you gain such ignorance?

How can we ever hope to defend MJ with folks like you helping out?

See...just another example of the typical progressive bullshit that has infected our society.

OK, I'll stop making assumptions about age,,,and just say that I hope to God you are just a punk kid that doesn't know better.

How dare you make the charges you did. How fucking dare you.

*Edit
See, just like last week when the media was trying to stick the radically violent label on the Tea Party people, this sort of ignorance is infectious.
BTW...the guy who was supposed to have done the spitting on the congressman...there is now a different vantage point footage of the event, and the congressman only got spit on him because the guy was yelling. You know..a bit of spit flys out when we talk fast or holler?
And this was supposed to be evidence of the mean spiritedness of the tea party people.
Bullshit. Fucking labeling losers.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
actually there was a time, in the 20' &/or 30's, when republicans were the liberals and dems were the conservative ones..can't remember exactly what caused the reversal/change..
(good fucking grief)

groady-ho said:
as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my seeming unceasing predilection for stupidity
Ah...OK, I wasn't aware.

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Good grief is correct. You don't even know the definition of the words you are using bro.

But you make a better point in your confusion because that's what propaganda does.

Point in case for why this country is fucked. We can't even define our own political philosophy. The words we use to describe our political ideology in the US have no academic substance or foundation whatsoever.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
You will be amazed at the cycles and changes in political alignments. Progressives have transformed both parties imo. Religious progressives transformed the republicans while political progressives transformed the democrats.

Originally liberals was for personal liberties and state rights. While republicans was for a strong federal goverment. These roles have somewhat reversed. Now Republicans are known for small goverment but strong national defense. So you could argue they have held true to there values. The drug war imo is a prime example of the religious progressives impact. I want to make it clear I have nothing against anyone of any religion I just dont want them forcing there 'moral values' on the citzenry.

Now ask yourself about the liberals (democrats mostly). Modern liberalism has little to do with personal liberty thats been replaced by libertarians. Modern liberalism is about increased goverment protection (from capitalist pigs), increased 'rights' that the goverment will give you, and compassion as they see it. Wealth redistribution definately plays a part in the euphoria they wish to create.

I am considered a libertarian conservative modern but you could easily consider me a classical liberal. While in no way do i represent the modern definition of a liberal.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
a noticeable turning point recently was the terry schaivo debacle...

i expected "conservative" republicans to defend the woman's right to die
i expected "liberal" democrats" to be in favor og government intervention...

quite the opposite...

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
aye excellent example of the ever changing party dynamics in play. again I would say thats the religious right (moral values) overcoming there party line/political ideology (small govt/conservatism).

Edit: Id like to add that niether party fights for anything envolving your liberty that they dont personally approve of. What I mean by that is when it comes to 'abortion rights' the left fights for it as they approve it. When it comes to 'gun rights' the right fights for it because they approve of it. I believe this is a major player in the battle to win legalization. We have to get the major parties to 'approve of it' before they will fight for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.