What's new

Removing the "B" from BHO

One More

Despite being banned I come back because you are one who always seeks the truth and for improvements. The process is "winterisation" and removes the plant waxes. You just do like you're doing but put the ethanol + BHO into the freezer. It won't freeze but the waxes will solidify and you filter them out with filter paper. Now that's getting the alkanes out.

Despite being banned I come back because you are one who always seeks the truth and for improvements. The process is "winterisation" and removes the plant waxes. You just do like you're doing but put the ethanol + BHO into the freezer. It won't freeze but the waxes will solidify and you filter them out with filter paper. Now that's getting the alkanes out.

Thank you very much, never thought about that

Would that work with cheap vodka or too much starting water (get distilling)

REZDOG

Veteran
Hahahahahahaha!

Yeah,that SmartGuy stayed unbanned for about....twenty seconds.... ROFLMAO! :)

....And hey,even though I introduced BHO to Amsterdam,what the fuck do I know about any of this-right?? :D :D

indifferent

Veteran
You most certainly didn't introduce oil extraction to Amsterdam, people were doing it long before Soma in the late 90s. Soma's innovation was to mix the oil with hash to make jellyhash, thus circumventing the illegality of oil and enabling him to sell it to the coffeeshops. The controversy wasn't about it containing traces of butane, that was just something said by annoyed Dutchies when they discovered it was made with oil, the controversy was all because jellyhash was a technically illegal substance under Dutch law because it contained oil and oil is illegal. This could have gotten coffeeshops shut down, nice one Soma.

Neville nearly killed himself in the early 80s making oil with petroleum ether, he wasn't the only one who either nearly died or actually did die, that was part of the reason they made oil illegal in Holland. Saying you introduced or invented oil making is the same as claiming you dreamt up the ice-water hash method. Quite simply, you didn't, someone a long time ago did, they were making hash with ice and water before any of us were born in the Himalayas and Kush and they were making high quality oils and extracts long before we were born.

BHO should be hard, if it isn't, then it is due to contaminants - plant waxes, chlorrophylls, butane. I laugh at people who made 'budder' because they are whipping their oil before it is fully purged and the whole reason why they are able to whip it up is because it still has solvent in it. Regardless of what solvent you use, you must absolutely, no arguments about it, purge your oil until all the solvent has evaporated, if you use high quality butane, that means you get virtually no contaminants left behind. A good friend of mine uses Newport butane and gets hard as glass product every time, it's not difficult. Hell, even the QWISO I make comes out rock hard at room temp.

R

rlmedicals

Always room for improvement on everything. What do you use for an extractor tube REZ, have you ever heard of these guys, www.okief.com. I have there small model know of a Caregiver that has their triple tube design made 62 grams of BHO. BHO is the bomb.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I laugh at people who made 'budder' because they are whipping their oil before it is fully purged and the whole reason why they are able to whip it up is because it still has solvent in it.

this is not true. while i also laugh at those who make budder sometimes(goodnaturedly), it is easily possible to make budder from fully purged oil as well. its not the solvents that are responsible for the pasting. pretty sure its just pasting into crystalline form, which can be assisted by vigorous stirring when warmed. its like honey that crystallized.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
You most certainly didn't introduce oil extraction to Amsterdam, people were doing it long before Soma in the late 90s.

you weren't paying attention. he didnt say oil extraction, he said BHO. signifies butane extracted oil. it hasn't been commonly done anywhere for decades yet.

indifferent

Veteran
this is not true. while i also laugh at those who make budder sometimes(goodnaturedly), it is easily possible to make budder from fully purged oil as well. its not the solvents that are responsible for the pasting. pretty sure its just pasting into crystalline form, which can be assisted by vigorous stirring when warmed. its like honey that crystallized.

Sorry, I wasn't precise, what I should have said was i laugh at people who have showed pictures of budder whipped from oil that was still partially liquid due to not having fully purged, seen lots of pics of people just whipping the oil up straight from the purging bowl, resulting in budder full of butane.

You're right about being able to heat bho and whip it to get it to change form, I don't know if the process that happens is crystalisation, but i suspect you're right and it is. You have to purge it to the point of being hard like shards of brown glass before heating and whipping though. I don't see the point as the hard glass form is easier to store and use imho.

indifferent

Veteran
you weren't paying attention. he didnt say oil extraction, he said BHO. signifies butane extracted oil. it hasn't been commonly done anywhere for decades yet.

I know he said BHO, my point was all about oil being around in Holland long before that and being illegal long before that, leading to the second point about the real controversy at the time that it was disclosed that jellyhash contained bho wasn't about contaminants of solvents left behind (although some people did say that, they were just much raking to bash soma as they were pissed off at him) it was about the fact is had an oil extract in it making it technically illegal and the shops that had bought it from soma were had put themselves at risk of legal issues with the cops.

When did people first start making BHO anyways? Cans of butane lighter gas have been on sale for a looong time, people were abusing them by inhalation in the late 70s in the UK, so they have been around at least that long. Dunno when someone first had the idea of using it to extract oils from cannabis, but they were very definitely making hash oil in the UK in the 70s, dunno what solvents were in use though.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
seems not butane. i haven't heard it going back more than a decade or so really. someone might have some old school butane extraction stories, who knows.

R

rlmedicals

Those okief tubes are pretty good, much better than a cheap honeybee plastic extractor.

yeah I for one would never ever ever use such an abrasive solvent in a plastic anything, just asking for health concerns. Okief products are very well priced considering it is hard in some areas to find anything stainless steel, true stainless steel that is, none of this coated crap. use vector 5x filtered butane for my bho. Saw a cool idea the otherday a fella put his two big glass jars of bho on one of those candle heating pads, ya know the ones that are used to heat up the big candles wax, left it there for a few days to get the residual butane out, BHO gets finer with age if properly stored.

jump117

Veteran
... The process is "winterisation" and removes the plant waxes. You just do like you're doing but put the ethanol + BHO into the freezer.
It won't freeze but the waxes will solidify and you filter them out with filter paper. Now that's getting the alkanes out.

I've tried to employ this process (click) a year back, following to advice (click) given to me by Gunnaknow, and I've posted the pics (click) later,

BHO was dissolved in ethanol and was exposed in few hours at -20C (-4F),

after that I could see a small cloud of micro particles in the solution, they looked smaller than coffee filter stops,

the cloud disappeared after filtration but I'm not sure was it stopped in filter or melted with the temp rising.

indifferent

Veteran
yeah I for one would never ever ever use such an abrasive solvent in a plastic anything, just asking for health concerns. Okief products are very well priced considering it is hard in some areas to find anything stainless steel, true stainless steel that is, none of this coated crap. use vector 5x filtered butane for my bho. Saw a cool idea the otherday a fella put his two big glass jars of bho on one of those candle heating pads, ya know the ones that are used to heat up the big candles wax, left it there for a few days to get the residual butane out, BHO gets finer with age if properly stored.

I store my QWISo in a shallow metal tin with lid, and I like to place it on top of a USB cup warmer that doesn't get hot, just a little bit warm, and this melts the QWISO slightly so it goes from a hard lump into a pool, I feel this gets out any last solvent. I do purge very well though and always end up getting a sore arm from the efforts that I have to put in scraping the damn stuff out of my purging bowl cos it goes so damn hard. If there is any liquidity to it and it's easy to scrape off i know I washed too long and got some waxes and chlorophylls in there. If it was a short wash and there are no contaminants from the plant matter, it turns to a very hard substance at room temp.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I do purge very well though and always end up getting a sore arm from the efforts that I have to put in scraping the damn stuff out of my purging bowl cos it goes so damn hard.

haha, silly monkey, warm your oil from underneath with hot water or something, and its super easy to scrape up.

indifferent

Veteran
I do heat it, but it's still not so easy as it cools so fast. And who you calling a monkey? no need for the nastiness.

jump117

Veteran
I do heat it, but it's still not so easy as it cools so fast.

Use double-boiler, it provides good temp,

heat as hot as you can handle and operate,

reheat when it starts to resist collecting,

pay attention on taking from a blade, it jumps,

use lighter flame to stick pieces together.

indifferent

Veteran
Good suggestions mate, cheers. I'm limited in the kit i have to work with at the moment due to poverty, so I do the best with what i got.

Don't worry Terpene Bubbles, I just ignore arrogance and scoff at the pettiness of some people. Got more important things to concern me to be honest.