What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2022

brickweeder

Many thanks...my sister in law is a die hard star wars fanatic prude that wont touch weed...buy maybe she'd take a hit of solos stash just based on the name...maybe not, we'll see

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
A few days ago I noticed the left bed was starting to look a little bit more yellow than the other two beds. I thought, perhaps, it was due to there being two plants in that bed compared to the other two beds with only one each. I ended up checking that the Blumats were still working and the plant was getting water, they were fine.
1000000920.jpg

This morning, I decided to check the light levels. The left bed is getting about 640 PPFD, while the center bed is only getting about 500 PPFD.
1000000919.jpg

I also noticed a spike in temperature when I moved the sensor from the middle bed to the left bed. I will have to turn down that left driver a bit tomorrow. Hopefully that will help these plants not push themselves too hard.
1000000924.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent a little time messing with the light levels. First, I checked the wattage the drivers were pulling, they were all the same as I had previously set them. Next, I checked the three beds, from left to right I got 650, 540, and 546 PPFD. I dimmed down the 2700K lights on the left bed until it read about 550 PPFD. Finally, I tested the light levels at 50% (morning settings), from left to right I got 370, 335, 365.
1000000953.jpg

1000000954.jpg

The other thing I noticed was poor circulation on that side of the room. I ordered a second AC Infinity fan for the opposite corner and a new controller.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The middle and right beds look great at day 22F. They have nice healthy growth, and are starting to stack some buds. At different times I've gotten whifs of BBQ sauce, paint thinner, and dank weed in the lung room (through the carbon filter). There will be no shortage of hash this round.
1000000980.jpg

The left bed is still struggling, however. I recently fixed a heat and PPFD level issue. That seemed to slow the progress, but not really solve it. I have also considered nutrition, airflow, and root zone temperature.

As far as nutrition, all three beds have been fed the same, and were amended at the beginning of the cycle based on a soil test. I've also been giving them soy aminos, humic acids, microbes, trace minerals, and some FPJ/FFJ every 7-10 days. They are due for their next feed tomorrow.

As far as airflow, I got a second fan for the opposite corner and another controller for both fans. I disconnected the blumats on right bed and pulled it out. I got the second fan mounted in the opposite corner, and hooked both fans up to the second controller. I setup the controller to cycle 45 min on, 15 min off.

I did all this at lights out with a red headlamp. I will need to bleed the blumats and make sure they didn't get messed up with me moving the beds around when the lights come on.

As far as root zone temperatures, the wall next to the bleft bed is an exterior wall in the basement. So I grabbed my IR thermometer. The right bed/soil surface was about 72°F, middle bed was 70°F, left bed was 65°F. That back wall was 58°F. That was lights out temps, so ambient was about 68-70°F. I'll check lights on temps tomorrow morning.

Solo cups in the QT tent doing their thing.
1000000981.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few days ago I noticed the left bed was starting to look a little bit more yellow than the other two beds. I thought, perhaps, it was due to there being two plants in that bed compared to the other two beds with only one each. I ended up checking that the Blumats were still working and the plant was getting water, they were fine.
View attachment 18791949

This morning, I decided to check the light levels. The left bed is getting about 640 PPFD, while the center bed is only getting about 500 PPFD.
View attachment 18791950

I also noticed a spike in temperature when I moved the sensor from the middle bed to the left bed. I will have to turn down that left driver a bit tomorrow. Hopefully that will help these plants not push themselves too hard.
View attachment 18791951
Are u happy with led? You’re grows look very nice …organized

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Dominion Diesel at day 38F. They've been ignored a bit the last week due to the holidays.
1000001032.jpg

My mothers are getting a bit overgrown. Due for a trimming soon.
1000001033.jpg

The Dominion Diesel crosses are done, I'm just letting them dry on the vine before I shuck the seeds.
1000001034.jpg

Zak Haze S1 at day 14F. Had to raise the lights a few inches.
1000001031.jpg