What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2022

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
horticultural oil...a bit harsh on the plant,but it will kill just about every kind of bug including mites
I’m a huge advocate of horticultural sprays the brand I use is produced and called “lost coast plant therapy” I’ve harped on it quite a bit it’s very effective I primarily use it for powdery mildew but it’s an effective agent for other plant health issues

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today I defoliated everything in veg pretty hard. I scoped a couple leaves that had damage and saw nothing moving.
Picsart_22-11-14_08-15-47-733.jpg

I scoped a couple leaves from the flower room with the same results. Defoliated most of the damaged leaves. I'll probably do some more in a couple days to avoid shocking them.
Picsart_22-11-14_10-09-02-726.jpg

My protocol will be to alternate between three pesticides (neem, Method1 PPS, and Captain Jack'sDeadBug), every three days. Spraying with Dr. Bronner's castile soap with peppermint on days between pesticide applications.

I'm using the following schedule:
Wednesday: Neem, silica, aloe
Thursday: Dr. Bronner's
Friday: Dr. Bronner's
Saturday: Method 1 PPS, aloe
Sunday: Dr. Bronner's
Monday: Dr. Bronner's
Tuesday: Captain Jack's Dead Bug
Wednesday: Dr. Bronner's
Thursday: Dr. Bronner's

Then repeat the cycle one more time.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent a couple hours cleaning up the beds in the workshop. I removed any damaged leaves, as well as anything that didn't look like it would produce much. I probably should have done this a week ago when I first noticed the damage, but I just couldn't find the time until last night. I think I've gone overboard with the soap sprays, some of the new growth was burnt and deformed. I'll back off of the daily sprays and just stick with the pesticide application every three days.
Picsart_22-11-18_08-24-16-932.jpg

Now that the hash is dry, I am ready to press it. I ran it through the sieve one more time, then weighed it. I got 29.16 grams of hash from 712 grams of wet bud for a return of 4.09%. That return is a personal best. Next, I double bagged it first in a 25 micron, then a 160 micron bag. Finally, I pressed it at 78*C for about three minutes with a one minute heat up.

Squish
Picsart_22-11-17_23-11-34-812.jpg

Squish
Picsart_22-11-17_23-12-36-691.jpg

Squish
Picsart_22-11-17_23-13-35-343.jpg

Squish
Picsart_22-11-17_23-14-20-834.jpg

After pressing, all the rosin is collected and homogenized by rolling it out, folding it over on itself, and twisting.
Picsart_22-11-17_23-15-00-942.jpg

This is repeated until the rosin all looks like the same color. I ended up with 20.21 grams of rosin from the 29.16 grams of has for a return of 60.71%.
Picsart_22-11-17_23-15-29-788.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hopefully they are just thrips, those should be taken care of by the spinosad and my soil predators.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I’m not very hip….

So is the above fresh frozen bubble that is then pressed for fresh Rosin..?

Is anything ever dried along the ways or always moist / stored cold / frozen…?

Thank you
Yeah, that's exactly what it is.

led05

Chasing The Present
Hopefully they are just thrips, those should be taken care of by the spinosad and my soil predators.
Thrips eggs look like what you pictured too imo, most often they insert the eggs into the petiole, stem, leaf’s etc, if you see tiny pin sized bubbles on your stems & petioles when looking closely, that’s a thrip digging in most often… my opinions based on my experience take with grains of stuff :)

I’d prefer mites over thrips any day, that’s just me

brickweeder

Hey Reiko, how's the stone on solo's stash?

I'm digging your living soil beds....when you are amending prior to your next run, are you working off of a recommendation from the agronomist, or are you interpreting the result yourself and amending based on exeerience or some reference?