What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2022

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I spent most of last night making some ice water hash. I didn't get any pictures, but I did get a cool video of scooping out the first pull. You can find that on my IG (reikox420). I started out with about 800 grams of fresh frozen Solo's Stash #3. The first wash dumped a lot of resin, I literally said WTF out loud when I saw it. The second and third wash were respectable, but still good. I had some issues passing the first wash through the sieve, I didn't let it sit in the freezer long enough and it clogged it up pretty good, I ended up just throwing the patties as chunked up as I could get them in the freezer to dry. The second wash, went through the sieve as normal, I used smaller size pieces and it was in the freezer long enough to not stick to the sieve. The third wash, I left in the freezer too long. I had to wait a while for it to thaw some before it would push through the sieve.

Since I already had everything out, I decided I would empty a few jars and run a mixed batch for carts. This was mostly autos from the Subway SOG. I did three washes on this as well, no issues pushing it through the sieve. I saved about five gallons of bubble water to feed to my vegging plants.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The yield is reward enough for a 16 week plant, you could LST a thunk and
have some of the best stash ever.

LST Thunk.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent a couple hours in the workshop this weekend. I got stuff cleaned up and put away from making the bubble hash. The leftover buds from the Solo's Stash were top dressed in the beds. The leftover buds from the dried and cured buds went into the bokashi bucket. I trimmed up my bonsai mother plants and put the trimmings in the bokashi bucket as well.

I gave away two clones to my father, and moved four down with my mother plants. That still leaves me with 10 extra clones to deal with. I asked one of my neighbors if they wanted some clones, but he never replied.

I checked over my Dominion Diesel plants for pre-flowers and saw two females. Two other plants look possibly like males, but I will give them a little more time to be certain. The final one (the runt) hasn't shown either way. If luck holds out, I'll have three females for the next round. I topped all of the plants, put the tops in rooters, and labeled everything.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20221003-085130-905.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Must have gotten some fungus gnats in the peat moss I used to mix up the new soil. The clones had quite the outbreak. Since I had no use for the extra clones, I cut them and threw the soil in the outdoor bin.

I'm still waiting on the Dominion Diesel to show sex. So far I have positively identified two female and a male. Of the other two, I suspect one male and one female. I'm sort of enjoying the break, so I'll keep waiting. Next round I may splurge on sex testing.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20221012-094242-555.jpg

The two Solo's Stash females in the quarantine tent are about ready for pollen. I'll likely hit them up some of the saved pollen tonight and make a few F2s.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20221012-094311-521.jpg

The flower room is just enjoying a bit of low light. With no plants, the Blumat reservoir is barely going through a couple gallons a week. The beds have already been amended and the cover crop is starting to come back.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20221012-094333-768.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've been helping my neighbor across the street grow a clone he got from a mutual friend. I hooked him up with an earthbox and a water-only soil recipe. My instructions were to fill the tube with water when it was completely empty. Saturday night we took the plant down. Glad we did, because it rained all day Sunday and is still rainy today. I told him I would help dry and cure for him. Going to make him trim it though.
Picsart_22-10-15_20-55-02-793.jpg

There was some caterpillar and thrips damage on my buddy's plants, so I decided to dry in my QT tent in the master bathroom. In order to do that, I had to shuffle around some plants. First I moved the Solo's Stash cones that I had pollinated to make some F2s on the top shelf of the veg room. I set that light to 12/12 even though the bottom shelf is still on 18/6.

Next I took the four female Dominion Diesel plants and moved them into the beds. Two plants in the far left bed, and one each in the other two beds. I watered them in with some microbes and amino acids.
Picsart_22-10-16_20-58-23-713.jpg

The first batch of Solo's Stash hash has been made, dried, and now pressed into rosin. I got right around 14 grams of rosin off of the first batch. If everything washes the same, I should get another 10-14 grams from the other plant.

This particular press was about 7 grams of fresh frozen hash, pressed at 78*C for approximately 3 minutes.
Picsart_22-10-16_20-59-14-599.jpg

This particular press was about 7 grams of cured (mixed) hash, pressed at 78*C for approximately 3 minutes.
Picsart_22-10-16_20-59-50-209.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got to spend some much needed time in the workshop. I started by trimming my bonsai mother plants.
Picsart_22-10-25_20-39-52-511.jpg

I also trimmed up the clones and the male Dominion Diesel. I put all the tops into the bokashi bucket.
Picsart_22-10-25_20-41-23-540.jpg

Next I transplanted the Dominion Diesel clones into fabric pots to make them new bonsai mothers. Plants number 1 and 2 had long roots I had to coil up. Plant number 3 barely had a nub, and plant number 4 had a moderate amount of roots.
Picsart_22-10-25_20-40-58-176.jpg

Then I up-potted the clones to solo cups, cleaned the QT tent, and moved them, along with the Dominion Diesel male, into the QT tent.
Picsart_22-10-25_20-44-55-109.jpg

After all the transplanting, I gave the workshop a good sweep. And filled up my resivoir and humidifier.

Finally, I gave the Dominion Diesel a feeding of bokashi lechate (microbes, fpj), malted barley(enzymes), fish brew (microbes) , quillaja (wetting agent), TM-7 (trace elements), aloe (plant resistance), soy aninios (nitrogen), and ful power (fulvic acid).

Dominion Diesel 1
Picsart_22-10-25_20-41-51-455.jpg

Dominion Diesel 2
Picsart_22-10-25_20-42-17-006.jpg

Dominion Diesel 3
Picsart_22-10-25_20-43-24-019.jpg

Dominion Diesel 4
Picsart_22-10-25_20-43-52-915.jpg

When I was watering I noticed a volunteer plant that popped up. Hopefully it's a feminized auto 😁
Picsart_22-10-25_20-44-36-382.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So a couple weeks back I decided to help my buddy dry and cure his little outdoor plant. I noticed some caterpillar and thrips damage on them, so decided to dry them in the QT tent. About a week later, I noticed some thrips damage in both my veg and flower rooms. I treated them with Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew (spinosad) twice about a week a part. This morning while feeding, I was looking for any more thirps damage and couldn't find any. I did, however, find a few spots that look like spider mite damage.

If I do indeed have spider mites, it's very earl on in the process. I'll spray the plants with neem oil this evening. I will then rotate between the neem, Captain Jack's, and Method 1 PPS every three days for a week or two. I am going to flip to flower this weekend, so that gives me a couple weeks before flowers form to spray. If that doesn't solve my problem I'll look into getting some predatory mites.

Next year my buddy will have to dry and cure his own harvest.

aliceklar

So a couple weeks back I decided to help my buddy dry and cure his little outdoor plant. I noticed some caterpillar and thrips damage on them, so decided to dry them in the QT tent. About a week later, I noticed some thrips damage in both my veg and flower rooms. I treated them with Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew (spinosad) twice about a week a part. This morning while feeding, I was looking for any more thirps damage and couldn't find any. I did, however, find a few spots that look like spider mite damage.

If I do indeed have spider mites, it's very earl on in the process. I'll spray the plants with neem oil this evening. I will then rotate between the neem, Captain Jack's, and Method 1 PPS every three days for a week or two. I am going to flip to flower this weekend, so that gives me a couple weeks before flowers form to spray. If that doesn't solve my problem I'll look into getting some predatory mites.

Next year my buddy will have to dry and cure his own harvest.
Ouch. A painful lesson... I'm always worried about bringing outside critters into my grow (one of the reasons I only grow during the cold months of the year). Hope you manage to avoid the dreaded spidermites :(

HorseBadoritiz

Throw a hot shot no pest strip in there for a week and see what happens ...
Please don't!

NO PEST STRIPS

DDVP/Dichlorvos/No Pest Strips are no good for cannabis cultivation. Dichlorvos is a volatile cholinesterase inhibiting organophosphate.
So volatile it is primarily used as a fumigant. It is a proven carcinogen. A 2010 study found that each 10-fold increase in urinary concentration of organophosphate metabolites was associated with a 55% to 72% increase in the odds of ADHD in children. It conclusively binds to DNA although it's mutagenic properties are still being debated.
The FDA has been restricting it's usage more and more every year as new information has come out. According to the MSDS and most labels- It is NEVER to be stored around children, food, seed, or fertilizer.

It was Restricted in the European Union after 2002.

From the NO PEST STRIPS Label- Always read the Label- especially when applying to your medicine. - bottom of page is a link-

NOT FOR USE IN OCCUPIED HOMES-
Do not be in the presence of strips in unoccupied areas for more than 4 hours -in garage, shed, attic, or other normally unoccupied area. (not including food areas)
Only use pest strips is the area will be unoccupied for 4 months.
Do not use in the food/feed processing or food/feed manufacturing or food/feed service establishments (you can't legally hang this in a restaurant!)

A little article on dichlorvous- http://www.wired.com/2014/01/cdc-war...e-pest-strips/

As you say- The poison is in the dose, and dichlovous doesn't take much to become poison.You couldn't be more spot on with that statement. But obviously some things are far more toxic than others, and considering you aren't allowed to be in the same room as this pesticide, handle it without gloves, breathe near it without a respirator, nor are you supposed to use it near anything that is considered food or will grow to become food I would never, ever consider putting a no pest strip anywhere near your plants. It volatilizes off the strip, into the air, and onto the plant, which you then either oxidize or consume. The combustion and inhalation of organophosphates aren't even studied, as they included on the label not to smoke or use tobacco when using dichlorvos, so they don't even need to further research the nasty effects it can have on you when lit on fire and inhaled. It's toxic enough on it's own through dermal exposure As you know oxidation and combustion completely change the molecular makeup of these chemicals and can make them much more toxic.

And on that subject I strongly advise anyone who uses Sevin outside on their property, to stop using Carbaryl immediately. Bayer did a study in the 80's about toxicity with regards to tobacco smoke, and through the study, found it to be extremely toxic to those who use cannabis, though not so bad for those just using tobacco. Apparently when cannabis binds to the cannabinoid receptors, it allows the carbaryl to more easily disrupt the cholinesterese system. Considering that organophosphates work with the same mode of action, it would be reasonable to assume the NO PEST STRIPS/DDVP are also more toxic to cannabis users as well. Pesticide companies don't have to warn you of this, because cannabis is a Schedule 1 substance. If it were schedule two, they would have to further research the link between cannabis users and increased toxicity from cholinesterese inhibitors. If I forgot to mention before, although atropine may be used as an emergency antidote for acute toxicity/poisonings. Most damage done to the nervous system is irreversible.

Stay away from Organophosphates, Organochlorides and Carbamates if possible folks- there's so many safer options out there that really do work.Pyrethroids for example are a great place to start. We're trying to make people medicine, not poison them or ourselves.