What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2022

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Welcome to my 2022 workshop thread. There are dabs and doobies for everyone. Come on in and I'll give you the tour.

When you first enter the workshop you are in the 10'x7' lung room. On the far wall, are some storage cabinets and my workbench. On the workbench I have my dry sift screens, alcohol distiller, mini cooler, dab station, and rosin press.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-13-25-182.jpg

Along the left wall are the environmental controls. I have a window AC, heater, humidifier and a dehumidifier. I also have my tool box and seed fridge along this wall.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-14-31-434.jpg

The lung room's environment is controlled with a NIWA grow hub.
Screenshot_20220115-161256_Niwa Grow Hub.jpg

The first door to the right is my 4'x4' veg/utility room. Along the left wall are the LED drivers, LED controllers, CO2 controllers, timers, CO2 bottles, and the water resivoir for the flower toom. Along the far wall is my veg rack powered by 150W of Bridgelux Gen2 strips. The bottom shelf holds bonsai mothers, the next couple shelves are for clones and seedlings. Finally the top shelf has 120W of SolStips for running a couple autos. Along the right wall is a small humidifier and an AC Infinity T6 for exhaust.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-16-19-666.jpg

The next door on the right is the 4'x6' flower room. I have a collection of slaps on the inside door.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-19-23-018.jpg

This room has three 30-gallon no-till beds that are auto watered with Tropf Blumats from the resivoir in the other room. Each bed has about 300W of SolStips along with some supplemental Red, Far Red, Infrared, and UV. The CO2 sensor is on the far wall along with the injector that runs in a circle around the top above the lights.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-20-37-512.jpg

This room has an AC Infinity T8 to exhaust it. I have it hooked up to a Controller 67 allowing me to monitor and adjust it from my phone.
Screenshot_20220115-161338_AC Infinity.jpg

The LED intensity is controlled by a Bluefish LED controller. For the first 15 minutes, I run just the far red LEDs, then the lights ramp up for 90 minutes until they reach 35% intensity. They stay there for another 90 minutes before ramping up to 70% intensity. They then ramp down in a similar manner until just the far red are on for the last 15 minutes.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-27-59-420.jpg

Both the flower and veg rooms have a Pulse grow monitor in them. This allows me to see temp, humidity, VPD, CO2, and even PAR reading. It will send me an email notification when any of those parameters are out of bounds.
Screenshot_20220115-171252_Pulse.jpg

I have a small quarantine tent on my master bathroom. It has 50W of Vero COB lights, and a 4" exhaust fan. I use this tent to quarantine new cuts, collect pollen, or pollinate females.
Picsart_22-01-15_19-18-19-732.jpg

All of my lights as well as the temp/humidity in both the veg room and quarantine tent are controlled with Sonoff switches.
Screenshot_20220115-162335_eWeLink.jpg

In addition each room has a wifi camera attached so I can keep an eye on my grow.
Screenshot_20220115-172017_Zmodo.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Very cool setup, ReikoX. It is what many of us wish we had the space/time/money to build. What projects do you have for this year?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
And . . .

I got a washing machine from Santa . . . :woohoo:

This is very, very good. And I still have more of those beans to grow . . .

Attachments

• attach18044224.jpg
    attach18044224.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2103197.jpg
    photo2103197.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 60

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Very cool setup, ReikoX. It is what many of us wish we had the space/time/money to build. What projects do you have for this year?

No real projects. Next round I will be doing a quick auto round. I already sent in my soil for testing.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I got my soil test back from the lab today. Looks like I was able to bring B, Fe, MN, Cu, and Zn back in line. This time I went ahead and ordered some Co and Mo so I can bring those in line as well. In addition I need more calcium and phosphorus. So I will ammend the beds with:

370 grams CalPhos
480 grams Gypsum
4.75 grams Cobalt Sulfate
0.50 grams Sodium Molybdate

ReikoX-Soil-20210729-136649.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	ReikoX-Soil-20210729-136649.png Views:	0 Size:	432.6 KB ID:	18047763

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
While I wait on some micronutrients to arrive before amending the beds, I am trying to plan my next run. It's going to be an auto run.

The first decision is how many plants to run. Technically, I'm only allowed six plants, but with autos, I think I will be wasting a lot of potential only planting two per bed. Three per bed was my next thought. It doesn't go too far above my plant count, but my moisture meters are sort of in the way. I'm leaning toward eight per bed, one between each drip emitter. This would give me the most variety. Something like this (green squares):
auto-layout.png

The next question is what varieties to run. I need to dig through my seed stash tonight. I have a bunch of stuff I bought a couple of years ago. I know a couple are calling my name such as, Grapey Walter by Mephisto, SAD by Sweet Seeds, and Delicious Candy by Delicious Seeds to name a few.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Okay, I think I have decided on seeds:

4x Forgotten Cookies (Mephisto)
4x Grapey Walter (Mephisto)
2x Grapey Walker Kush (Mephisto)
2 x Ghost Toof (Mephisto)
2x 24 Carat (Mephisto)
2x Crystal Candy (Sweet Seeds)
4x SAD (Sweet Seeds)
4x Delicious Candy (Delicious Seeds)

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Brought the JLo F3 upstairs to the quarantine tent to get pollinated last night. First, let's talk about the elephant in the bathroom. These plants are tiny for their sized pot at five weeks. I've talked about it with Mr.Sparkle and I think that it is a combination of this soil being too wet, the soil being too hot, and the light being too far. I think I've watered these three times now.
Picsart_22-01-21_09-14-21-451.jpg

I hope the pollen is still viable. I know a small amount must be viable because I found two tiny S1 seeds in the reversed plant. The pollen sacks didn't open fully, so I dried them, crushed them, and sieved them at 120 microns. This pollen has been stored in the quarantine tent for a couple of weeks.
Picsart_22-01-21_09-12-58-006.jpg

Using a paint brush, I applied the pollen thoroughly.
Picsart_22-01-21_09-14-55-379.jpg

They have been placed in the quarantine tent for the next 24 hours. I'll spray them down and put them back in the veg room tonight.
Picsart_22-01-21_09-15-48-091.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I am staring at 3 rapid rooters in a dome as well . . . but mine are being really, really slow and no heads have popped yet. I planted them with tails (well, 2 out of 3 but the 3rd was showing) but even then I knew that they were slow. We shall see . . .

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
These went into rooters about four days ago with no prior soak.

4/4 Forgotton Cookies
3/4 Grapey Walter
3/3 Grape Walker Kush
1/2 24 Carat
2/2 Ghost Toof
2/4 Delicous Candy
2/4 SAD
2/2 Crystal Candy
2/2 GWK x JLo
0/2 JLo S1

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i used rooters for years for seeds,but i switched over to small cups of medium instead and now i never have helmet heads,the medium seems to help them shed the shell...also almost no confused seedlings that come up upside down or with crazy knotted root

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Been thinking about you :) glad to se you back and it looks like better than ever :groupwave: The upgrades are very nice. Look forward to the show :tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
According to my soil prescription, I mixed up my soil amendments for the next round. Just a note, I wore a mask, gloves, and protective eye wear. I first mixed the gypsum and calphos together, then I mixed in the micros (Co and Mo). Finally I added about twice that volume of vermicompost. Finally I weighed out three equal portions and distributed them throughout the beds. Finally I watered this in with a gallon of "microbe tea" (Ful-Power, Recharge, Mammoth P, Fish Brew, and quillaja power).

I transplanted the auto seedlings into the beds. For my future reference, I have labeled the beds in this photo.
20220130_144223.jpg

1. Forgotten Cookies x4
2. Grapey Walker x4
3. Grape Walker Kush x2
4. Ghost Toof x2
5. Delicious Candy x4
6. SAD x3
7. 24 Karat x1
8. Crystal Candy x2
9. GLo F2 x1
10. JLo S1 x1

I had an extra Grape Walker Kush come up, so I planted it in a one gallon container. I plan to pollinate it with some GWK x JLo (GLo) pollen. There are three others that never came up, but when I looked in the cubes they appear to be cracked and not rotting, so they may still come up later.
Picsart_22-01-31_10-28-01-081.jpg

This GLo F2 came up and pushed itself right out of the cube. I was going to cull it, but decided to see how vigorous this little seedling actually is. I wrapped it's roots around a rock and put it in a tiny pot.
Picsart_22-01-31_10-29-06-251.jpg

I did a little more trimming and removed the plastic ring to reveal the roots on this cannabonsai. I still have no idea if it is male or female yet. The two cuttings I took seven days ago still haven't shown roots yet. Once they do, I will take one and put it under 12/12 lighting until sex is shown.
Picsart_22-01-31_10-26-55-647.jpg