What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Heifer returns to Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only they knew they were not the chosen people.

Interesting. Have some proof, or a 2000 year old document backing that claim? Or just poo pooing a group of people for fun?

Everybody thinks they are chosen for one cause or another..... Why bag on those peoples dreams?

Let me know when God destroys the people controlling the governments and then maybe I'll believe.

Bye Bye Bankers God is coming for you. :woohoo:

Like buying a lottery ticket, dreaming all night of winning the big one.

I will choose to believe in the bible, and sleep with happy dreams of dethroned bankers and politicians. :tiphat:

Was reading about The Lost Ark and the Ashes of the Red Heifer a while ago.

Mentions a guy named Vendel Jones who is basically Indiana Jones and his exploits.

https://mosaicministries.homestead.com/ashesredheifferark.html

Interesting read...... Sorry though, that guy seems in denial..... He keeps saying he knows red heifers but none of them are perfect. Then he goes into what is perfect, and how that is impossible. However, we now have a perfect red heifer, by the definition given in the bible.

If guy truly believes that a perfect red heifer is impossible, then would he believe it to be a miracle if one is born?

and your source....... http://mosaicministries.homestead.com/ seems a little out there..... But then again, we are talking red cows and the end of the world. It's all relative I guess. :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do you have to be so vile? Who are you talking to with this? I feel like you are directing this at me, but why? I thought it was interesting that a red heifer was born, and given it's context to religious text, it was even more interesting.

I have no idea why that makes it ok for you to say I am smoking crack? I find that offensive. If you don't want to talk about the topic at hand, then please find another thread. No idea why people like you insist on insulting others, does it make you feel better?

Jeez......:tiphat:

Because you took a vague reference and declared it refered to genetic modification thousands of years before the process was discovered.

Because you take a book that has been written from third hand information and rewritten many more times, that many religious scholars advise against taking literally and you did just that.

You're a wingnut crackpot with a thin connection to or grasp of reality. People who live their life according to the "good book" wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.

Because you took a vague reference and declared it refered to genetic modification thousands of years before the process was discovered.

Because you take a book that has been written from third hand information and rewritten many more times, that many religious scholars advise against taking literally and you did just that.

You're a wingnut crackpot with a thin connection to or grasp of reality. People who live their life according to the "good book" wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.

More insults from a petty man......

I didn't take any book and do anything. I shared a story that was in the news. Sorry that triggered you.......

Who are these scholars that say the bible shouldn't be taken literally? You have some facts to share, or just poo pooing again?

Thanks for the additional round of insults. It really shows how afraid you are to even consider the fact that God exists. The fact that a news story about a red heifer has you so triggered, should be a warning sign for ya. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and keep personally insulting me. I am secure with my beliefs, and the world around me. :tiphat:

W

Water-

More insults from a petty man......

I didn't take any book and do anything. I shared a story that was in the news. Sorry that triggered you.......

Who are these scholars that say the bible shouldn't be taken literally? You have some facts to share, or just poo pooing again?

Thanks for the additional round of insults. It really shows how afraid you are to even consider the fact that God exists. The fact that a news story about a red heifer has you so triggered, should be a warning sign for ya. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and keep personally insulting me. I am secure with my beliefs, and the world around me. :tiphat:

here is the scholarly proof you asked for concerning the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5OXnQRr6M

if you really cared about what you are saying than you would listen to him

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
actually personal insults amongst the members are not acceptable, Forum rules dictate common civility be maintained. if you click the red triangle thingy any post can be reported for moderation.

Klompen

Let me cut you off right there....... This was predicted 2000 years ago and you make it seem like gene editing an extinct cow isn't a big thing..... Predicted by people that had no idea what gene splicing is........

Then you get all conspiracy theory and off topic. :tiphat:

Look, if I predict my house is going to burn down in 5 generations and then 5 generations later one of my descendants lights the place on fire; that's not prophesy; that's just just my descendant being a dumb ass.

It would be a miracle if that prophesy had been sealed away in a jar and only after fulfilling it they had opened the jar. The fact that they knew what the prophesy was gave them the opportunity to deliberately do the things necessary to fulfill it. Seriously, there's nothing miraculous about using science to get a specific result you're trying to get to make a certain event happen that you have been taught should happen. Its called "self-fulfilling prophesy"

W

Water-

yea, I know Richard Carrier and have watched that hour plus video.

Care you watch a video that disproves every single thing he said one by one?

https://youtu.be/07pQ1uL7AYA

For the record, I asked for a scholar that recommends not taking the bible literally. :tiphat:

Dr Richard Carrier is the leading scolar on the Bible and the link explains the orgin of the bible and how it is not literal,
and you gave a link to some random guys youtube video that has zero backing for its evidence.

History, science or rational thinking in general is obviously not what you are interested in.

enjoy your fantasy world.

troutman

Seed Whore
Fact: Hollywood is run by the same people trying to lead the sheep down the Biblical slope.

They are good at story time and designing movie scripts.

Dr Richard Carrier is the leading scolar on the Bible and the link explains the orgin of the bible and how it is not literal,
and you gave a link to some random guys youtube video that has zero backing for its evidence.

History, science or rational thinking in general is obviously not what you are interested in.

enjoy your fantasy world.

Leading scholar on the bible and doesn't believe in the bible.... yea, talk about a wasted life.......

Just like how I love to learn how to grow pot, from somebody that doesn't think pot should be grown..... Totally logical.:tiphat:

Fact: Hollywood is run by the same people trying to lead the sheep down the Biblical slope.

They are good at story time and designing movie scripts.

I think you need to check out who owns the 6 big studios in Hollywood. It's not the Jews anymore.............. China now owns Hollywood..... China wants nothing to do with Christianity.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Leading scholar on the bible and doesn't believe in the bible.... yea, talk about a wasted life.......

Just like how I love to learn how to grow pot, from somebody that doesn't think pot should be grown..... Totally logical.:tiphat:
Those two statements are not connected.

The first is someone who's acknowledged as knowing the bible the best out of anyone. He knows too much and does not believe in it. A rather studied opinion on the subject.

Someone attempting to learn a trade from someone who does not know the trade, is a completely different set of circumstances and does not apply in any way.

It's the logic thing tripping you up. I understand it can be extremely difficult to use logic when you're not used to it. I still advise you strongly to attempt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts