What's new

Red Heifer returns to Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... but wait, he hasn't returned yet!:tiphat:

........ that would fall under the category of unfulfilled prophecy

Nice correction. The first prophecy was him being born, at that has come true. That last 5% of prophecy I spoke about is His return. Everybody thinks Jesus was all lovey dovey, but they never read Revelations. :tiphat:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... well I sure hope he gets here soon, but how're ya gonna know it's 'HIM', lotta imposters out there with plenty of 'true believers' to back 'em up!:tiphat:

beta

Veteran
The most famous prophecy that billions believe came true was the return of Christ, which was prophesied and written into text hundreds of years before Christ. They even foretold where he would be born, and how. Pick up the bible and read and you can see for yourself the astounding accuracy of the bible.

Uhhhhh, there is no evidence that the Bible prophesied the return of Christ. The vast majority of the Bible was written after his supposed resurrection and the parts that weren't do not contain any clear prophecy - Just, as I said previously, vague proclamations that can be interpreted thousands of different ways.

beta

Veteran
The bible is in fact so accurate, I think the bible was inspired by God, or written by time traveling humans. Never in the history of the world has there been a book that has stood the test of time and science. The bible, whether you believe in God or not, is the most impressive book ever written.

The Bible isn't impressive even by the standards of the day it was written in. It's a collection of superstition and re-tellings of re-tellings of re-tellings of history. There are zero and I mean ZERO clear prophecies in the Bible that could have been used to make a prediction about an event before it happened. All 'prophecies' are filled in after the fact, once the event has already happened.

If the Bible's so great at prophecy, by all means - Tell me a *specific* event that is going to happen in the future. Even one. Not some vague bullshit, details.

beta

Veteran
It's BEYOND telling that you cannot see that every single person who has ever had a religious book of any kind has claimed everything you are here, and for the exact same reason. They are CERTAIN that their tome is the ONE TRUE BOOK.

But sure, all those millions of other people are wrong, and it just so happens that your interpretation of the book you believe in just so happens to be the right one. Just like everyone else. XD

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
My Prophecy: this thread will run another 25 pages (at least) OR until OldSchoolGrow comes up with another new nic. :tongue:

Uhhhhh, there is no evidence that the Bible prophesied the return of Christ. The vast majority of the Bible was written after his supposed resurrection and the parts that weren't do not contain any clear prophecy - Just, as I said previously, vague proclamations that can be interpreted thousands of different ways.

Completely untrue..... Why in the world do you think that?

It's BEYOND telling that you cannot see that every single person who has ever had a religious book of any kind has claimed everything you are here, and for the exact same reason. They are CERTAIN that their tome is the ONE TRUE BOOK.

But sure, all those millions of other people are wrong, and it just so happens that your interpretation of the book you believe in just so happens to be the right one. Just like everyone else. XD

What claims am I making exactly? That the red heifer has returned? That much is true...... You at least agree with that right?

The Bible isn't impressive even by the standards of the day it was written in. It's a collection of superstition and re-tellings of re-tellings of re-tellings of history. There are zero and I mean ZERO clear prophecies in the Bible that could have been used to make a prediction about an event before it happened. All 'prophecies' are filled in after the fact, once the event has already happened.

If the Bible's so great at prophecy, by all means - Tell me a *specific* event that is going to happen in the future. Even one. Not some vague bullshit, details.

Let me know when you write a book that has billions of followers, unparalleled predictions, and unbound knowledge. You can do it right? The bible "isn't impressive at all" so you can whip that book out real quick right?..........:tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
The bible is full of prophecy. Let me put it this way, when the book was written, it was 90% prophecy. We are left with about 5% of events that haven't happened yet. That last 5% is going to be a wild ride.

Here is 13 events to sink your teeth into.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bib...-filled-with-fulfilled-prophecy-11652232.html
The Old Testament is Filled with Fulfilled Prophecy

Hmm, Ok mang. Most of that stuff is pretty vague and super old tho, there's more recent history no one can agree on, so I'm not 100% convinced. Still, interesting stuff. I'll have to read more before totally dismissing this stuff.

Hmm, Ok mang. Most of that stuff is pretty vague and super old tho, there's more recent history no one can agree on, so I'm not 100% convinced. Still, interesting stuff. I'll have to read more before totally dismissing this stuff.

I don't find anything I posted as vague....... You find this vauge?

Babylon Will Rule Over Judah for 70 Years
You can read the first such prophecy in Jeremiah 25:11-12. This prophecy was written sometime from 626 to about 586 BC and was not fulfilled until about 609 BC to 539 BC (approximately 50 years later)

>Jeremiah 25:11-12 - "...This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years. But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, for their guilt," declares the Lord, "and will make it desolate forever."

In this passage of scripture, Jeremiah said that the Jews would suffer 70 years of Babylonian domination, and that after this was over, Babylon would be punished. Both parts of this prophecy were fulfilled! In 609 BC, Babylon captured the last Assyrian king and took over the holdings of the Assyrian empire, which included the land of Israel. Babylon then began to flex its muscles by taking many Jews as captives to Babylon and by destroying Jerusalem and the Temple. This domination of the Jews ended in 539 BC, when Cyrus, a leader of Persians and Medes, conquered Babylon, bringing an end to the empire. The prophecy also had another fulfillment: the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem's Temple in 586 BC, but the Jews rebuilt it and consecrated it 70 years later, in 516 BC. Restoring the Temple showed, in a very important way, that the effects of Babylonian domination had indeed come to an end.

That is just one of the 13 I posted. 13 out of the thousands in the Bible. Pretty clear to me, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

beta

Veteran
Completely untrue..... Why in the world do you think that?

If it isn't true you can easily show me an example to the contrary. Where in the Bible is the resurrection of Christ prophecied *before* it happened in clear and unambiguous terms that can't be interpreted in 1000s of different ways?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When all you have is a hammer... everything looks like a nail.

This should be a warning to those of you who see it. ;) See what happens when you don't have enough tools in your shed? Be good to yourself, go gain new skills while polishing old ones. When you do this your awareness of the world expands, and so does your thinking about it.

You run the risk of fully becoming the amazing person you are.

:tiphat:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well I read the zombie antidote recipe and there is another common ingredient in it...

Red yarn.

Until they find red yarn the temple can't be built.

The bible has foretold of synthetic fibers and artificial dyes.

That's proof enough for me.

Is circumcision an outpatient procedure?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Wait.

I've been doing some research and it seems that bacon is a no no.

To be honest there's just too many rules.

I'm going back to agnosticism.

And bacon.

Did you see what color that cow was??

No. I was too busy working on the Sabbath and eating BLTs.

Klompen

Beware heretic!!! What are you trying to do!? Cause an awakening!?! If you get him questioning this, pretty soon he'll start questioning other things! Then maybe he'll even experience truly independent thought! What the fuck are you trying to do? Upset the apple cart? Someone clearly needs to spray you with holy water ;)

Klompen

What claims am I making exactly? That the red heifer has returned? That much is true...... You at least agree with that right?

No. What is true is that a bunch of people in a lab used gene editing to produce a cow for Israel in order to convince people that a prophesy was being fulfilled so that they will look the other way as Israel engages in more genocide in the name of their particular version of magical sky daddy.

Important questions you need to be able to answer:

1) Who were the Zoroastrians and what did they believe?

2) Who are the Mandaeans and what do they believe?

3) Before Yahweh was a singular omnipresent God, what was the name of his counterpart?

4) What was the Council of Nicea and how did they edit and compile what is now called "The Bible". How many times has that bible been translated?

5) What are the oldest extant documents regarding Jesus Christ? How do they compare to "The Bible"?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The First truth in Buddhism is that all life is suffering, pain, and misery.

G `day WOB

The Buddha said a lot of cool stuff to help guide us .

When I see the heirachy of Buddhist sects living a life of luxury I guess they understand that the suffering , pain and misery are eased some what by material things .

Monks with wads of cash and i phones ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Status
Not open for further replies.